Have a question

J

john2323

Awards
Hi there
I have a question. Started my first cycle of test 400 a week and on my first shot of 200 I got an infection of bruising and swelling 30 mins later. One week later still bruised and swelling increased. Went to hospital and needed surgery because it was an abscess infection and was removed. Is this from my steroid? Or the niddle maybe I went to deep . Appreciate some advise and answers . Thank you

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Did you tell your doctor the truth about how you got the abscess? My guess is the doctor could give you a way better answer than random people on the internet who don't have all of the information.

Could it have come from the stuff you injected? Sure. Could it have come from lack of sanitation on your part while prepping and injecting? Definitely. As far as the needle and the injection itself, we don't know half of the information necessary to even guess, and even if we had that info, I wouldn't trust our guesses over that of your doctor.

My advice would be to be completely honest with your doctor about what you did and what you plan to do in the future. Let him/her give you advice, and you should probably take it, even if it isn't what you want to hear.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Hi there
I have a question. Started my first cycle of test 400 a week and on my first shot of 200 I got an infection of bruising and swelling 30 mins later. One week later still bruised and swelling increased. Went to hospital and needed surgery because it was an abscess infection and was removed. Is this from my steroid? Or the niddle maybe I went to deep . Appreciate some advise and answers . Thank you
Abscess comes from dirty gear or dirty injection practice. Throw the gear in the trash and never buy from that source again. 100% serious only a fool would use gear after it gave them an abscess and the gear is what gave you the abscess.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Going too deep or too shallow will not cause a abscess

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Did you tell your doctor the truth about how you got the abscess? My guess is the doctor could give you a way better answer than random people on the internet who don't have all of the information.

Could it have come from the stuff you injected? Sure. Could it have come from lack of sanitation on your part while prepping and injecting? Definitely. As far as the needle and the injection itself, we don't know half of the information necessary to even guess, and even if we had that info, I wouldn't trust our guesses over that of your doctor.

My advice would be to be completely honest with your doctor about what you did and what you plan to do in the future. Let him/her give you advice, and you should probably take it, even if it isn't what you want to hear.
The odds of a abscess from not prepping the injection site are slim. I haven't prepped a injection site In over a year. I'm not recommending that any does what I do but out of all the guys I know, no1 preps there injection site. We all use to but now we rarely do.

Don't get me wrong if I've been sweating or was outside or just got home from work then yes I would prep the site. But I normally shower 2-3 times a day and I usually inject after a shower. Today I was in a rush and I just drew and injected sub q and walked out the door.

99% sure it's dirty gear. I'd bet my car lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Il give you another example, my uncle has been using gear since the 80's, he leaves his drawing needle inserted in the bottle. Never removes it till the bottle is done. He attaches a barrel, draws up his dose, disconnects the barrel and puts a new pin on and then shoots with no prep. Literally been doing it that way for over 30 years, never got a abscess. Again, I'm not condoning our shitty practices, but I'm just making a point to how it's most likely the gear.

S

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’ve been on TRT for nearly a decade now and I haven’t prepped a pin site in probably 9 years. I stopped after I saw a friend, who is a diabetic, pin insulin through the long sleeve shirt he was wearing. He’s a type 1 diabetic so he’s been pinning since he was a kid. He said he’s been pinning though clothing basically forever and has never had an abscess.

It’s your gear man…,throw it away.

J

john2323

Awards

Yes I was 💯 honest that I started a cycle of test to my doctor.