Has anyone taken Metformin as a supplement?

LaserGoPewPew

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What did it do for you and why did you take it?

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Currently taking 1 dose before bed to control blood sugar on mk677.

LaserGoPewPew

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Been taking it for a couple of years - part of my longevity stack
Awesome!

I wasnt sure if I would get any feedback...

Can you share any info on your dose, your motive, and any results?

I am not overweight, dont have diabetes, but am really trying to dig in on ways to recover better, sleep better, and address the aging thing as well

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Awesome!

I wasnt sure if I would get any feedback...

Can you share any info on your dose, your motive, and any results?

I am not overweight, dont have diabetes, but am really trying to dig in on ways to recover better, sleep better, and address the aging thing as well
i do 500 am and pm. No diabetes or anything, it’s purely for longevity and controlling glycemic variability. I run mk pretty much all the time so it helps re insulin sensitivity but you Could just use berberine for that.

some people get gastric distress on it but I’ve never noticed it. Honestly could say I’ve seen ‘results’ but I’m always running something else so couldn’t ever credit just metforim with something anyway.

the studies for longevity seem pretty solid and the negatives very limited

maximillia

maximillia

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Currently taking 1 dose before bed to control blood sugar on mk677.
I take mk a lot too, can you elaborate a bit on how this thing can help? and what kind of danger is there with respect to blood sugar with mk?

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I take mk a lot too, can you elaborate a bit on how this thing can help? and what kind of danger is there with respect to blood sugar with mk?
mk raises blood sugar over time(as will GH). Metformin keeps your cells sensitive to blood sugar, so that it gets pulled into muscle rather than being rejected and pushing your blood sugar higher. It also keeps your liver from secreting glucose.

MK(and GH) can both lead to insulin resistance aka type 2 diabetes over time. Granted, it’s reversible. But keeping insulin sensitivity up is a good thing, as it keeps you from getting fat and allows you to stay on longer. It’s pretty typical of bb’ers to run insulin alongside GH. Metformin with mk is kinda a lighter approach to accomplish the same goal.

maximillia

maximillia

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
mk raises blood sugar over time(as will GH). Metformin keeps your cells sensitive to blood sugar, so that it gets pulled into muscle rather than being rejected and pushing your blood sugar higher. It also keeps your liver from secreting glucose.

MK(and GH) can both lead to insulin resistance aka type 2 diabetes over time. Granted, it’s reversible. But keeping insulin sensitivity up is a good thing, as it keeps you from getting fat and allows you to stay on longer. It’s pretty typical of bb’ers to run insulin alongside GH. Metformin with mk is kinda a lighter approach to accomplish the same goal.
Thanks for the info. If I don't take metformin, how long do you think I should use Mk for before I cycle off?

LaserGoPewPew

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

have you seen results with Metformin? Any sides? I am not that familiar with Metformin

Seems like GH or GH enhancing supps mess with my finger joints

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
have you seen results with Metformin? Any sides? I am not that familiar with Metformin

Seems like GH or GH enhancing supps mess with my finger joints
only result I’m looking for is not elevated blood sugar, and it does that. Also notice a bit better muscle fullness from it pulling the carbs into muscle.