Unanswered Hair Loss Thread

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hi guys, I know there have been a fair few posts like this, but I am wanting to start a proper one with good Information for all the guys on here suffering from hair loss and what has helped them (or made things worse)

I am currently taking Finasteride (never had any sides from it, been 2+ years) and Minoxidil oral form both at 1mg (the topical was irritating my skin too much unfortunately) I have been on it from about 5 months (this particular combo) and the last 4 weeks have been shedding like crazy, I literally can stand over the sink and rough my hair up and lose up to 100.

I have spoken to my hairdresser about it, but she doesnt seem to think its a big deal and said she can see little hairs where I am losing lots... so hopefully its just an exaggerated shed to make way for new hairs.

So what do you guys do that has helped you with hair loss/hair growth? any supplements or routines that arent that well known?

I have started taking Niacin to help promote blood flow to the scalp along side dermarolling once a week with a .5mm roller, I also take a collagen supplement after this to help with the recovery, I am waiting on the 1.5mm to come in then will swap them.

I also bought two 36W lamps, 6 X 660nm Red lights and 6 X 850nm lights on each one and use them on my head for 10-15 mins a day when I can, these are apparently the best wave lengths as they penetrate the skin and promote collagen/blood flow and other benefits.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You’ll lose hair on both of those at the beginning, the new hairs will push out the old ones and all the hair that’s in the resting phase will be quickly pushed in to a new growth cycle.

I recommend a DHT blocking shampoo, I use hair surge ($50 a bottle) and while expensive, I’ve seen a good increase in my hair overall. Starting to see new ones come in just from that alone. Will be starting rogaine (Costco brand) in a few weeks