Hair Loss and PHs, Totally Confounded by Age

MightyMouse69

Awards
Often I read posts by 20 something year olds complaining of hair loss due to PHs...in my opinion, many if not all of you would be having this hair loss even if you were on no PHs...this is the period where you are most likely to have the greatest hair loss (trust me I know) anyway so it is totally confounded. I guess within each person if you measured hair loss in a short window of time while on PH and while off (with some lag)...it would be a better measure...

Just a thought.

Strateg0s

Awards
  • Established
Moreover, hair loss from using DHT-related chemicals does not cause your hair to fall out the same day as you take it, more like a few weeks later. People who find hair right away shouldn't blame it on the androgens - it is their awareness that has been heightened by their fear, rather than hairloss brought on immediately by DHT.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I agree. PHs may speed up the inevitable but the end result is the same unless you take measures to preserve your hair.

MightyMouse69

Awards
I have been on Rogaine since 1987 and propecia (finast) for about 3 years...My hairloss has been a pretty long process, but it changed most dramatically in the late teens early 20s.

I have a scheduled meeting for a follicular transplant next Monday...I just can't fight the mental battle anymore..

I committed to bodybuilding so I could keep myself looking good one way or another and I would suggest to the young guys just substitute getting a ripped body for the hair...It will do the trick with the ladies! Trust me.

mtruther

mtruther

Awards
...or you could simply live with modest gains off of modest stacks that are going to put you in the top 1% of all male bodies out there and still keep your hair with the proper preventitive add-ons.

I thought the general rule was that at around the age of 20, your age was an indicator of what percent of men are/have experienced hairloss (e.g. at age 32, 32% of all men are losing their hair or would do such without meds).

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I have a scheduled meeting for a follicular transplant next Monday...I just can't fight the mental battle anymore..
Tell me what they say.
And Be careful! Lots of no-so-good-hustlers-doctors out there.
There are some really popular doctors that are very good.
The feedback on Bosley and MHR is pretty negative.