GYM small talk......

AGELESS

AGELESS

Awards
  • Established
Last year I was working out early about 10am -(early for me) at last - new people to talk to.

I overheard a trainer and client talking. I caught the word HORMONE - that got my attention.

The trainer was working with a man I thought to be about 38 yrs old or so with a pot belly and a little overweight. We talked for a while. I told him my age and that I was on HRT. He seemed interested about the program.

He had alot of questions (alot of intelligent questions) I looked forward to working out with him. A week or so went by, and in conversation, he asked if I was a DR - I promptly replied "NO - hell I dont even own a white coat". He replied..."I am":wtf:

OMG - I was speechless.. he just laughed. We became good friends. He told me that in medical school very little time was spent on hormones or HRT, he continued his studies and Im proud to say he is now board certified HRT - one of three here in Vero Beach.

Yeah - you guessed it....now I ask before I start in on my quest...I wish for all to enjoy the quality of life that I am so lucky to have.

Ageless.

Ripw4

Ripw4

Awards
Scary when you know more about some aspects of health and medicine than some doctors..
I am glad your friend decided to become a certified HRT doc..
Not a whole lot of them around and on top of that not a whole lot of them around who know what they are doing.

and might I add.
I pray that when I am your age I have half the physique you do!

(edit)
near hattiesburg right? wow..what a small world!

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't think it's scary. I mean, it's like expecting a mechanic to know how to completely rebuild the whole vehicle from top to bottom and know all makes and models. It does piss me off when a doc will refuse to accept any questioning but that is more geared towards arrogance than expecting them to know it all.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is awesome Ageless, I really enjoy hearing about Doc's who are open-minded enough to pursue a more progressive education and training. I do not find them at fault, and realize it is just the way education was done at the time they were in Med-School. HRT and Endocrinology from the perspective that we all educate ourselves on the board was not delved into at probably half the depth that some of the more knowledgeable members on all boards do today.

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
L
He had alot of questions (alot of intelligent questions) I looked forward to working out with him. A week or so went by, and in conversation, he asked if I was a DR - I promptly replied "NO - hell I dont even own a white coat". He replied..."I am":wtf:

Ageless.

Thats amazing! Keep converting them. :)

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
Nice to see Doc's who are open minded, plus the more HRT cert docs out there the easier it will be to find one when I need one (which may be sooner than later):rolleyes:

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
It's like Doc's being asked about nutrition. They are expected to know everything. Don't feel to bad for them though they are pulling in a nice pay check.

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
That may be the best analogy I have yet heard. It's all in what you are trained on.

But some doctors so proclaim to know all makes and models from top to bottom...

Why guys like you are such an invaluable asset to our community.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wake up wondering if I dug that hole deep enough.