GVT only 4 days /week ????

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
Hey do you think it is ok to only do 4 days a week of GVT. Meaning that it is a 4 day routine but only do it once / week.... Let me know what you think..

PS My chest has not been this sore since the first day i started working out.... Talk to ya...

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
Thats the way GVT is supposed to be done bro ;)

You're training every muscle group every 7 days or so and this helps the muscles recover completely before you proceed to kill them again..hehe

LG. :cool:

PS I know about the chest thing too....I'm feeling it right now

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Yeah Curt, my chest was DONE after my first two GVT workouts (doing my third tonight)! Same with legs, it feels like you haven't ever worked out before :D

I'm using Poliquin's version that Wardog posted, and it's a body part about every 4 to 5 days, following his cycle. Good stuff!

gadzid

Awards
I started that exactly in October, and LOVE the way my muscles respond. Like u said, u get a soreness as if u haven't trained the muscles in ages. 4 days/ wk, every body part once a week...Awesome. Curt2go, u'll love it, keep doin' it.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Everyone says GVT on gear or even PHs is insane.....the gains are incredible....so next cycle, I might test drive it.

Boarder1

Awards
During my last cycle I did GVT 4 on 1 off, it went extremely well and my fears of overtraining proved to be false. I have been 'off' for the past 3 weeks and doing the GVT (4days on 3 off) at less volume but with the same weight, unfortunately Pain smiles upon me daily.

"Are you on steroids?", was something I have never been asked, until recently and on multitude occassions.

GVT will definitely not be a waste of your time. = )

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jsmith219 Training Forum 1
Jsmith219 Training Forum 12
Training Forum 43
Hansistyle Training Forum 2
dactyl Workout Logs 12