GTen's Deluxe weight loss Program

gten79

Awards
Ok today is 11/14 and I'm finally starting my Program cortesy of FLA. :woohoo:

Today's workout was brief and yet I still got a decent pump. Since its my first day I'm really concerned with trying to make sure I get all of my meals in.

With my schedule I workout first thing in the morning so my first meal is my Preworkout. Which makes my second meal my post workout.

Hopefully I'll have time to come home during my lunch break and prepare meal 1 because I love eggs.

I'm terribly busy, but its my intention to stop by as much as possible to brief you on my progress.

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
Good luck. You're in good hands! I know that many people here train first thing, including myself. Best thing to do, if you're short on time, is to prepare your meals the night before, put them in the fridge and take them with you wherever you're going. Just get a coulple of tupperware boxes and you'll be set :thumbsup:.

gten79

Awards
My second day on the eight week program and I slept in. I know, I know, its my money. However to me its unacceptable. I got back from work really late and couldn't quite get myself going this morning. :yawn:

With that being said can anybody recommend a supp to help get my arse moving on days like today? For what its worth today was going to be my fifth day straight of working out so maybe that had something to do with it? But whatever I'm not here to give you excuses.

So far everything is going well except I really need a connect for some liquid flaxseed oil. I really don't want to have to go over to GNC and pay for their crap. So does anybody know who sells this for a good price? I'm on caps right now but that won't last forever at the rate I'm downing them.

Since I missed I'm going to follow a meal day where a workout is not listed. In closing I will say this, my body already is feeling better and I'm sure its due to the amount of clean foods I'm taking in. :thumbsup:

gten79

Awards
Hey bobo for my first meal would it be ok to have a bowl of oatmeal with a serving of protein it using half skim and water for a pre workout meal???

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Instead of the bagel? Yeah that is fine.

gten79

Awards
My 3rd day and I already can feel the difference. Today I really concentrated on the TUT aspect of the program. And boy does it make a difference in your workout.

I typically workout very slow and deliberate. However, this program slowed just about all of my movements at least 1 second. This is turning out to be the best money I've ever spent and its only my third day. :cheers:

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
:dance:

gten79

Awards
So far my clothes are definetly fitting a little looser. My muscles however don't feel as full as they once were. They are a little flat at the moment but hopefully that will all change in due time. The important thing is the weight is coming off. Tommorow is leg day guys so pray for me.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Take measurements. If not I am going to tell you "its in your head" because most of time with dieting, it is....

gten79

Awards
You are most likely right it probably is all psychological. Todays workout went well. It wasn't as painful as I expected it to be. Once again I really concentrated on the TUT. Which made an other wise easy workout on paper rather difficult.

Although I did run into one road block.
I found the front squat on the smith very awkward. So I proceded to the squat rack to try them. That didn't help much either. :frustrate

Since I really couldn't get the movement or the arm position correct I went to what I knew best, regular squats. I didn't go as heavy as I usually go since TUT was a concern. All in all it was a very good workout. :thumbsup:

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
gten, midget gave me a good tip for front squats :)thumbsup: ). You need to hold the bar basically so you are almost choking. I did them on thu- to me it felt like I had a lump in my throat. Needless to say, the bar was right up against it!! I also cross my arms which seems to help. Front squats are definitely a killer once you get the form right! :)

gten79

Awards
Thanks, I'll be sure to remember that the next time leg day comes around.

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
I find it easier to not cross my arms for front squats so that I end up using my front delts and not so much the side delts. Of course, I don't have very developed shoulders so this method seems to help me. Though I do push the bar right up to throat and that is a big help.

gten79

Awards
Ok before I talk about what happened in todays workout, first I have some concerns about yesterdays dieting. Yesterday happened to be my day off so naturally I slept in. I woke up just short of noon. I Had my workout and meals as usual so nothing new there. Ok in a nut shell, if an individual is only up for about 9 to 10 hours of the day are we supposed to get in all 6 meals? Because if thats the case I only was able to get in 4.

Todays workout went well. The bi's really got a pump from the time under tension. No surprise there. The arnold presses was a nice surprise that took some getting use to. I typically do behind the neck Bb presses for shoulders.

By the end of my workout all the stationary bikes had been taken so I improvised and walked on the treadmill instead. With zero incline and the speed set to 4mph for 30mins I felt it was adequate enough. I hope that works for you bobo.

P.S. Good looking out BMS, and DSL you two are the reasons I love coming to this board so much!

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, try to get in all meals. The treadmill is fine. Actually anything is fine as long as you hit 130bpm.

gten79

Awards
All right the start to a new week and I'm feeling great. Once again had a very good workout. For all of you who are considering hiring Bobo or already have I cannot stress the TUT enough.

If you have read any of my posts you will see that I am a huge proponent of this training method. Along with the dieting of course it will make or break your investment.

Here's a little glimpse of what I was able to do earlier today.

exc. lbs. TUT
Incline Bb 225 3x10 2:2
Decline Db 90 3x10 2:2
Arnolds Db 55 3x8 2:2
Inc. Flys Db 50 4x10 3:2
cable crunch 4x12 3:2

FYI....A very in shape hot chick took the initiative to walk up to me in the gym while working out to ask if I was a bodybuilder.:head:

Thanks Bobo

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

gten79

Awards
I know its been a while since my last post but a lot has happened since then. Sometime this week I picked up a head cold that I'm still battling through. The one good thing that has come from it is that I'm sweating a hell of a lot more than I typically do in the gym. Thanks to the cold I have no problems finishing my gallon of water during my workout. Not to mention the other gallon I finish throughout the course of the day.

Today I weighed in at 225, although I look leaner. People are asking if I'm bulking because I'm actually looking bigger. But at the same time people can actually tell I'm losing weight by the appearance of my face. I still have a gut, but then again it has only been three weeks now that I have been a client with FLA.

And for those of you who don't believe it's possible to put on lean mass while still losing weight, well don't hire Bobo because he'll disprove your notion. Since being with FLA thats all I have done.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

gten79

Awards
I know it has been a while but I'm just checking in to give a little an update on how things are going.

So far the weight is still dropping slowly and my muscles are still growing. Considering I have skipped more than a few cardio sessions due to my schedule the weight is still dropping due to my strict adherence to the meal plan. I plan on staying with Bobo after these eight weeks are up until I get down to to about 12% bodyfat.

At that point I will continue to follow Bobo's guidance on a clean bulk so I won't have to go through what I'm enduring now.

gten79

Awards
By the way Bobo how much did you weigh in your avatar, and what was your bodyfat? Do you still lift and compete?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think I wasn around 210-215 in that pic around 6-7%. I am getting back into lifting and come January its on but moving, new business' and this board have limited my time to really dedicate myself to working out like I used too. That will change soon enough.

gten79

Awards
Today was legs and half way through my lunges I was cursing your name. :nutkick: But on the way home from I was praising it. :woohoo:

gten79

Awards
Today I weighed in a little over 223:blink: . My diet has been spot on, I've been following the diet to a tee and have only taken up Bobo on one cheat meal. So dieting is not the issue.

Up to this point I feel like I've been doing a really clean bulk since I'm still adding muscle. People are always stopping me to ask if I'm a bodybuilder and if I'm taking steroids. The answer to the latter is obviously no.

The lack of cardio I'm sure is the reason for the slow results. My problem is getting the motivation to come into the gym on a off day from the weights just for cardio. When I'm at the gym and cardio is scheduled there isn't a struggle since I'm already there.

So I've addressed the issue with my cardio and I'm taking upon myself to make sure I get it in regardless of how I'm feeling. Any other suggestions Bobo? Please advise.

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
if u dont want to go to the gym just do ur cardio at home. Buy a heart rate monitor and go walk outside, or invest in a cheap treadmill or stationary bike.

and definatley take measurments, they tell another side of the story.

BTW- those are some nice weights for these ratios, 225 for 8 2:2? damn!

i tried 205 at the begining of the program when i had no idea what was in store for me, it was a done deal after 4 or so......ratios +heavy weight = no fun, ifelt like a woman and now i know what they mean when they say leave your ego at the front door or whatever.

gten79

Awards
Perhaps I should invest in a peice of cardio equipment for the house. What I really need to do is just suck it up and get my ass moving in the morning on days I'm not lifting.

I've been following DanTman's log and he brought up a great point that I've been realizing of late. On this program I don't have a life. I'm not bitching or griping but the facts are it is very time consuming. My kitchen counter is flooded with empty milk gallons, measuring cups, and protein powders. I also work in management which makes for a very long workday. Not to mention the workouts and the eating and food prep. This is a 24hr job and this is my life.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
It'll get easier. I can prepare 3 meals in about 5 minutes. You may not have time to be creative, but you can quickly prepare the essential meals.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So I've addressed the issue with my cardio and I'm taking upon myself to make sure I get it in regardless of how I'm feeling. Any other suggestions Bobo? Please advise.
Yeah, a new diet. Its in your mail.

You MUST do the cardio.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is a 24hr job and this is my life.
The goals most people want in this forum are not "normal" therefore your lifestyle is going to have to change to accomplish it.

I don't understand what is so time consuming. These meals are probably the easiest and most portable to make (that actually benefit you)

gten79

Awards
Your absolutely right, the meals don't take long to prepare. They really couldn't get much easier than what they are.

I've realized my dedication to this new lifestyle when I packed my cooler just to go to my girlfriends house for a couple of hours. I don't leave the house anymore unless I have a meal or two with me.

I said it before and I'll say it again. Its not a 5 day workweek anymore. I live it 24/7....This is a job. This is my life. :woohoo:

gten79

Awards
Just checking in. The diet is spot on as usual. I just came back from the gym from a cardio only session that went well. :woohoo:

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
:thumbsup:

gten79

Awards
Had an excellent workout today. My chest was pumped after my second set of Bb inclines. I was wondering if I should be going down in weight because on my last set of inclines I was only able to do 9 on my own, the last rep was spotted. Albeit it was 225 at a 2:2 ratio. :wtf:

The weights that I am using seem to be a bit more difficult than usual. I probably can attribute that to the weight loss. I will say this however, when it comes to the ratios instead of counting the ratio's with each rep I try to make a set last as long as possible. While doing a set I will try to do it as deliberate as possible while still attaining 35 to 40 seconds per set. I find it works well for me. :woohoo:

And as usual my diet is on point. Bobo would it hurt if I do a half hour on the bike after my back workout tomorrow? Or should I just go on as planned and take the two days off? You see my gym is closed on Christmas eve and Christmas Day that is why I'm asking.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes that is fine for tomorrow.

The weights definetly will start to come down just for simple fact you are dieting. I know it increases for some people at first but after a while nature takes over and that lack of calories start to effect your weights. Its ok though, perfectly normal.

King Nothing

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yeah I wanna refund. I'm no longer gaining strength while dieting! just kiddin. bobo's awesome

gten79

Awards
Today kicked my ass literally. My glutes are on fire, in a purely heterosexual way of course. Heres what happened earlier in the gym today.

leg extensions 135 4x10 2:2
squats Bb 315 4x12
lunges Bb 135 4x20
leg press 455 4x8 2:1

At one point while doing squats I felt my preworkout food come up like I was about to vomit. However, I sucked it up and drove on. I'm so spent right now I'm having a hard time finishing my post workout meal. :blink:

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
All is well in the world.... :D

gten79

Awards
I'm on a different schedule at work so for the meantime my workouts will be in the evening. With that being the case I had to do my cardio this evening as opposed to the morning on an empty stomach which I've typically done in the past. My gym is closed again on New Years Day and Eve. However, I'm not letting that stop me from getting in my workouts. I did some homework and found another place that will be open on those two days.:woohoo:

Right now I'm sore as hell, and I'm thinking its from the lack of sleep from the change of schedule. Bobo do you have any suggestions to help me sleep more soundly at night, because the zma doesn't seem to be working.

gten79

Awards
Just checking in. I completed my cardio first thing this morning and added a dose of lipo-6 just prior to accellerate the fat burning process. Everything is going well boss.

By the way this is still the best money I have ever spent in my entire life. :thumbsup:

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Man....I needed that!!!

gten79

Awards
Bobo I realize that these eight weeks are coming to an end. Up to this point I've been highly impressed with your programs and your prompt concise input. You definately come through as advertised, in all actuality they don't serve you justice.

With that being said I look forward to continuing with you as my trainer and nutritionalist. Like I mentioned earlier my plan would be to continue to drop down to about 8% BF and then follow your tutelage for a clean bulk. :thumbsup:

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Check is in the mail for the compliment.

Man I needed that one too!!!

:lol:

gten79

Awards
Lately everything has been going well. My diet is spot on as usual, I'm eating a meal every 2.5 to 3 hours. Training is going very well, I haven't skipped any sessions at all. I'm not sure what exactly a recomp is but I think I'm witnessing it first hand.

The weight loss I feel is coming along, nothing dramatic but very steady. I still have love handles, and a pouch, but slowly but surely it's disappearing.

Bobo I have a question. I feel I already know the answer but I'm going to ask anyways. Even though I eat a meal just prior to going to sleep, I still wake up in the morning extremly flat and weak at times. Is it ok to wake up in the middle of the night to drink a protein shake with casein since its a slug? That way instead of fasting for 8 to 9 hours I'm only fasting for 4 to 5 at a time.

gten79

Awards
I get the point.

Ok today was another successful leg workout. You know how I know? Easy, I had trouble finishing both my post workout meal and the meal following. I left it all at the gym.:thumbsup:

FYI the weight loss seems to be slowing down some. I think I've been on this particular diet for little over a month. You got my last payment, right?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Got it.

New diet in mail!

gten79

Awards
Having trouble pulling up the new diet. Do you need to send it again or send it to my yahoo account?