Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
When is the best time to take boron?

Yesterday I took 3mg along with 250mg of Shilajit PrimaVie in the morning and I had a hard time sleeping last night. I was very energized all day, but maybe it was just all the Christmas activity. But very hard to wind down and relax last night.

Also, some folks and studies I just read are purporting that it increases E2 and then others saying decreases: what gives??
Boron is not messing with your sleep, it actually can improve sleep. And as far as I know it only increased estrogen in old ladies.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
When is the best time to take boron?

Yesterday I took 3mg along with 250mg of Shilajit PrimaVie in the morning and I had a hard time sleeping last night. I was very energized all day, but maybe it was just all the Christmas activity. But very hard to wind down and relax last night.

Also, some folks and studies I just read are purporting that it increases E2 and then others saying decreases: what gives??
Morning would be the best time to take boron. It shouldn't cause any estrogen issues with you.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Good testimony. I'm excited to see what my free/total test and e2 levels will be in the next coming months.

I am having my DHT tested Aug 31.
Did boron supplementation improve your hormone profile?

Also, I noticed when on keto diet my libido was pretty much non existent.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Did boron supplementation improve your hormone profile?

Also, I noticed when on keto diet my libido was pretty much non existent.
How much fat and protein were you consuming per day? I have not been retested for testosterone yet. Been strapped for cash, but plan to

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
How much fat and protein were you consuming per day? I have not been retested for testosterone yet. Been strapped for cash, but plan to
A typical day was 230g protein, 210g fat and 25g carbs

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Do you cycle boron? Like 5/2 for 4 weeks then take a month off or??
I can only speak for mine .. I haven’t taken it solo

But have taken it for 8weeks combined with other stuff .. and works pretty well.

Maybe someone who have ran solo can chime in if it benefits running 5/2 protocol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I can only speak for mine .. I haven’t taken it solo

But have taken it for 8weeks combined with other stuff .. and works pretty well.

Maybe someone who have ran solo can chime in if it benefits running 5/2 protocol
I believe (could be wrong) that elevations in free test were shown around day 14 of use in a few studies. So 5 on 2 off would not make sense to me.

Don't ask me to link studies because I have no clue how to post links lol

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Do you cycle boron? Like 5/2 for 4 weeks then take a month off or??
Honestly I am not sure what the point of cycling like that would benefit.

I am just trying to understand what MOA Boron would work by that would require such an on off idea.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

I am just trying to understand what MOA Boron would work by that would require such an on off idea.
It looks like the old gh secretagogue protocols

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

I don't personally see any reason one would want it need to cycle it.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It looks like the old gh secretagogue protocols
Ya I understand I have seen it with more hormonal things (which I have much less experience with so I can't comment), just unsure why a mineral would need dosing that way.

I don't personally see any reason one would want it need to cycle it.
I wrote up a longer post but deleted because I wasn't sure it was worth it. Basically ya, vitamins and minerals I'd say you want to dose to get the adequate amounts you may be missing from diet in and you want that consistently. Maybe higher to start to get there "faster" but I don't think I'd stop taking Boron (or things similar) unless I really felt I was nailing the needs of it in my diet, if that makes sense.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Ya I understand I have seen it with more hormonal things (which I have much less experience with so I can't comment), just unsure why a mineral would need dosing that way.

I wrote up a longer post but deleted because I wasn't sure it was worth it. Basically ya, vitamins and minerals I'd say you want to dose to get the adequate amounts you may be missing from diet in and you want that consistently. Maybe higher to start to get there "faster" but I don't think I'd stop taking Boron (or things similar) unless I really felt I was nailing the needs of it in my diet, if that makes sense.
Im not saying that's a reaon to cycle it in the manner he described, I see zero reason to do so. I'm just saying that 5 on 2 off made me think of the way they use to suggest using a lot of those worthless hgh products back in the day

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for all the recent replies, gents. Good thoughts and points were made. I could not find anything in various searches and asked because since it's often included in other "all in one" supplements that do suggest cycling.

Cheers.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Anyone have blood test from both ON and OFF Boron to actually know how much it raises free test?

I have been taking 15-20mg ed for the last 2 month or so but not sure I see or feel any different.

Reactions: 00A
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Anyone have blood test from both ON and OFF Boron to actually know how much it raises free test?

I have been taking 15-20mg ed for the last 2 month or so but not sure I see or feel any different.
Effective dose is 3-10mg in studies. It actually starts becoming toxic at 20 or 30mg so I'd lower the dose regardless

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Ok I was a little off, no negetive effects up to 20 mg, at 30 it can damage liver, kidneys, brain and even result in death apparently

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ok I was a little off, no negetive effects up to 20 mg, at 30 it can damage liver, kidneys, brain and even result in death apparently
Yeah I saw that, some one on here recommended to “mega dose” in the beginning to free up more test and to get a “mild Proviron” effect but idk, so far nothing... I have Boron citrate, does it matter which one?

Reactions: JYD
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yeah I saw that, some one on here recommended to “mega dose” in the beginning to free up more test and to get a “mild Proviron” effect but idk, so far nothing... I have Boron citrate, does it matter which one?
Honestly I'm not sure. It's a topic I've breezed through a couple times but not really dove too deep into

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting since some products, like Viron (which I like), seem to have 20mg per does and recommend 1 - 2 doses per day.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Interesting since some products, like Viron (which I like), seem to have 20mg per does and recommend 1 - 2 doses per day.
I wouldn't go above 20mg of active Boron per day. I won't get into it again but check the beginning of this thread, after a little bit you'll see I went over proper labelling of the mineral and how to determine the amount. I can't personally speak for how all products, but I go over what it should look like on a proper label.

You probably don't need 20mg anyways. Tons of benefits at 3mg per day, some studies at 6mg, and some of the testosterone benefits at 10mg per day, which is probably what I'd take if I was after that.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I wouldn't go above 20mg of active Boron per day. I won't get into it again but check the beginning of this thread, after a little bit you'll see I went over proper labelling of the mineral and how to determine the amount. I can't personally speak for how all products, but I go over what it should look like on a proper label.

You probably don't need 20mg anyways. Tons of benefits at 3mg per day, some studies at 6mg, and some of the testosterone benefits at 10mg per day, which is probably what I'd take if I was after that.
Well said.

Just get a couple cups of prune juice in every day. https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Boron-HealthProfessional/

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I dig it. Thanks for sharing your knowledge, sir.

cruze1911r1

cruze1911r1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Bump to say I'm still seeing conflicting reports on boron's affect on e2. One study shows 10mg boron supplementation raising free t and estrogen rising shortly after, which would make sense. Other studies say it increases free t and lowers e2. Hard to make heads or tails without labs and it sounds like repeated labs would be necessary to prove out short term and long term affects on e2. Anyone have further info?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Bump to say I'm still seeing conflicting reports on boron's affect on e2. One study shows 10mg boron supplementation raising free t and estrogen rising shortly after, which would make sense. Other studies say it increases free t and lowers e2. Hard to make heads or tails without labs and it sounds like repeated labs would be necessary to prove out short term and long term affects on e2. Anyone have further info?
If it’s raising testosterone/ free test, it probably does also raise estrogen, whether it’s just because it’s freeing up hormones, or the result of more testosterone aromatizing into more estrogen. Any test booster will raise estrogen unless there is something that will add a bit of anti aromatase. I don’t think boron has anti aromatase properties.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've been on boron now for at least 2 months. Started 12mg for 2 weeks and doing 6mg maintenance everyday. I don't feel any different; libido is normal, no morning erections though sex life is OK, strength increase is there but slow progression, I don't feel any leaner or defined. The most notable effect is that I get easily aggravated by small things. Patience has become limited.