Got bloodwork back after 2 months on a new protocol. Advice on where to go from here?

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I was previously administering 50 mg Test cyp every 3.5 days and here were my last blood results:

Total T: 1316 ng/dl (264-916)

Free T: 28.3 ng/dl (9.3-26.5)

Estradiol (sensitive): 40.1 pg/ml (8.0-35.0)

SHBG: 45.2 nmol/l (16.5-55.9)

IGF1: 252 ng/mL (101-307)

I wanted to lower my E2 a few points without taking an AI so I tried dropping the dose to 80 mg a week and felt worse. I then decided to try the same dose but split into EOD.

so for 2 months I have been administering 30 mg test cyp EOD and just got my bloodwork back:

Total T:

907 ng/dl (250-1100)

Free T:

167.0 pg/ml (35.0-155.0)

Estradiol (Ultrasensitive): 45 pg/ml (< OR = 29 pg/mL)

SHBG: 29.2 nmol/l (10-50)

My SHBG and Total Test went down, which im very happy about since eIve always had sky high SHBG and it wouldn’t lower much on twice a week dosing.

But my E2 went up. I was under the impression that it would lower?

Im considering dropping. my dose to 20 mg a week but am worried that my total test will drop too low. any advice on where to tweak my 30mg EOD test cyp protocol from here?

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I think your first set of numbers looked good. Yea your E2 was slightly over the reference range but so was your total test and free test. Estrogen is not evil. How were you feeling? I would care more about that than chasing perfect numbers.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How are you feeling with your new protocol?.. depending on how you are feeling is where you go from here...dont worry about e2 or shbg

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
How are you feeling with your new protocol?.. depending on how you are feeling is where you go from here...dont worry about e2 or shbg
some days I feel good, some days I feel tired. no idea why, felt amazing yesterday. felt malaise today. When I was on my twice a week protocol I had tons of energy but Erectile dysfunction and brainfog when it came to creative tasks definitely wasn't. placebo either seeing as I have a very analytical/creative job (UX Designer)

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Maybe try 3xs per week..looks like you don't need much...you may feel best with less

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you considered 10mg T daily? My trough was a little low but I sleep and felt really good overall. My libido and erections were better on that than 20mg daily. I take Humanofort too since it helps with my arthritis pain and that's supposed to affect TRT positively too.

Pregnenolone is known for helping with the brain fog issues on TRT. I just started it but it looks promising so far.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Have you considered 10mg T daily? My trough was a little low but I sleep and felt really good overall. My libido and erections were better on that than 20mg daily.
This. I've been feeling better with lower eod doses than even 22mg eod. I'm now down to 16mg eod, and while I just dropped fairly recently, I believe everything is improving such as sleep, morning wood, etc... waiting to see what happens with libido though. For reference, 22mg eod had my free T at very top of range at trough, hct was going up so I've dropped and will donate today.

Uncle_E

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
That’s a confusing situation. I’d be happy with either set of your numbers. 200mg per week has me trough in the 900’s.

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
This. I've been feeling better with lower eod doses than even 22mg eod. I'm now down to 16mg eod, and while I just dropped fairly recently, I believe everything is improving such as sleep, morning wood, etc... waiting to see what happens with libido though. For reference, 22mg eod had my free T at very top of range at trough, hct was going up so I've dropped and will donate today.
Im currently taking 30 mg EOD. Maybe Ill try 25, get bloodwork in 3 months, see ho wI feel then adjust from there.

I also just switched to shallow IM insulin pins. Wondering if that will effect my bloodwork

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Man don't worry about numbers go by how you feel solely..50mg every 3rd day of enanthate is my sweet spot..no AI.. no hcg..took me about a year to get dialed in..

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Man don't worry about numbers go by how you feel solely..50mg every 3rd day of enanthate is my sweet spot..no AI.. no hcg..took me about a year to get dialed in..
What do you mean get dialed in. what changes happened over the course of that year?

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What do you mean get dialed in. what changes happened over the course of that year?
Getting dialed in meaning I have symptom relief..energy good..mood..libido etc...find a dose that works...if you have side effects adjust your injection frequency..ppl make the mistake of chasing numbers inside of going by how they feel..

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Getting dialed in meaning I have symptom relief..energy good..mood..libido etc...find a dose that works...if you have side effects adjust your injection frequency..ppl make the mistake of chasing numbers inside of going by how they feel..
50 mg every 3.5 days was working great tbh but I had brain fog, making it hard to sit down read and think. I work a creative/analytical job.

but my mood was great

Last edited:
bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im currently taking 30 mg EOD. Maybe Ill try 25, get bloodwork in 3 months, see ho wI feel then adjust from there.

I also just switched to shallow IM insulin pins. Wondering if that will effect my bloodwork
It likely will. I get crap numbers doing sub-q compared to shallow IM.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
50 mg every 3.5 days was working great tbh but I had brain fog, making it hard to sit down read and think. I work a creative/analytical job.

but my mood was great
Could always bump it up to 60mg to see if it resolved the brain fog

Power-Lift

Power-Lift

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My hematocrit is always around 51 since going on TRT, looking at my old bloods pre TRT I was always in the mid 40's.
I recently lowered my TRT dose to 50 mg a week, split in two 25mg shots (M & TH).
Ill see how it is affected in June on my next blood-work.

My Doc is never worried about the 51, he knows I like to come in dehydrated in the AM.
I just dont drink all night when sleeping, and then don't have anything in the AM (maybe a glass of water) just because.
He also says being just over the range (50) is nothing, those are "nice to have" ranges, so close is OK. IF it was way out of whack, yeah he would be concerned. Anyways, Ill see how mine looks in June on lower dose..