Unanswered God damn water retention.

puffybegone

Awards
I've always had issues with this but never been able to get to the bottom of it.

I've tried low carb/low sodium and it made no difference, drinking more water... drinking less.... still get water retention in any areas with fat storage.

What i have noticed it is worse after urination, how i came across this is when holding in my pee i can remain lean/non-puffy... but after urinatiing within an hour i begin to bloat.

I think whats actually happening is im losing any water stored in my muscles but not in fatty areas and end up with the skinny fat look, but when my glycogen is full it kinda hides it.. its the only thing i can think of as when its bad my chest/face/abs lose definition and i can look pregnant with tits.

IT is possible im secreting too much salt in my urine, but i;ve also tried salting and it too causes the retention.. so must be a very fine balance, could be cortisol as carbing up causes the woosh effect however again too much of them and i bloat once again.

Anyone had this ? i'm thinking it's either salt or an adrenal thing from possibly over taxing with my workouts.

I've even tried just sipping water through the day and fasting food but had no joy... got intense hunger pangs and was bloated like crazy.. again the carb thing settled it.

In short peeing actually makes it worse.... eating can resolve it temporarily, would like to get a handle on it.

Cheers

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Have you got your hormones checked? Know your estrogen levels? Your prolactin levels? Cortisol? Do you get enough potassium in your diet?

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I agree about dropping the fat, also how much water do you drink? Is it consistent day to day?