Giving Advice on AAS to Competing Athletes

• Thread starter rocketscientist
  • Start date

Would you give advice on the proper use of aas to competing athletes?

• No I wouldn't.

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Why not. It's up to the individual to decide what to do with the advice.

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • I decide that depending on the individual case.

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters

rocketscientist

Awards
Maybe it's just the time of the year again, but it looks like there are quite some postings recently on using aas to get an edge in compeditive sports.

Personally I think these questions are not appropriate, knowing that it's considered cheating according to the rules of the governing bodies of most organizations (if not, then there is no problem), in particular since most postings ask details about timing of use to avoid positive drug tests. (Note that this is not a question whether aas are good or bad, blabla..., but rather a question of supporting someone who is planning on 'breaking the rules'.)

Just curious what others think.. in particular since this is a tricky question that inherently has to deal with some double standards...

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I voted that I would give advice. What they do with it is up to them.
At that point, the athlete has already decided to use. I would rather give them information I knew to be true then hope that the person they get it from knows what there talking about.

Also, if addressing the question of avaoiding detection means that a lesson in saftey is involved, then I can sleep better giving all the advice I could, then if I ignored the question, knowing that my "failure" to address one side of the situation prevented me from addressing the others.

flytrapcan

flytrapcan

Awards
  • Established
I'm not into AAS myself but have to support those who support others. There is nothing worse than access without knowledge.

Before finding this site I did not know the perils of M1T and have been educated. Repeatedly I read replies telling younger athletes to allow their body’s time to develop before even considering attempting anything greater than protein/creatine.

It’s nice to have a place to ask the questions and get honest answers from those who have the experience.

Now if I could just find a natty board with these kinda users!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In religion and politics, people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second hand, and without examination.
- Mark Twain

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm not into AAS myself but have to support those who support others. There is nothing worse than access without knowledge.

Before finding this site I did not know the perils of M1T and have been educated. Repeatedly I read replies telling younger athletes to allow their body’s time to develop before even considering attempting anything greater than protein/creatine.

It’s nice to have a place to ask the questions and get honest answers from those who have the experience.

Now if I could just find a natty board with these kinda users!
Oh, but there is such a board, with these EXACT same users!!
www.dietforumlive.com

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
Well I don't like it but at the same time the post above make good points. Still I voted for the case by case. If your competing with others you should follow the rules and keep it fair where possible. If your using steriods in a sport when others are following the rules then you are cheating, there really isn't any getting around that. I may be old fashon but fair play still counts for something.

rocketscientist

Awards
Well I don't like it but at the same time the post above make good points.
I have the same issue and I have to go with the case by case choice as well (even though my posting may sound pretty conservative). But quite honestly, I still don't really know where I stand or how I should look at this... which is kind of the reason for this thread.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Its better to give advice in order to protect the persons health. There was a D1 football player in here asking about superdrol. After he was given advice he realized it was a steroid, and decided against taking it. If people hadnt given him the advice, who knows he might have taken 30mg for 6 weeks and **** out his liver.

BigDago

BigDago

Awards
Case by case. Using and avoiding detection where it is prohibited is just plain cheating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Cheating is going to occur whether an athlete divulges that they are a competitor or not. While I do not like, nor condone cheating and typically never answer questions of that nature...I also do not feel any obligation to protect professional sports from itself. They are all grown ups and can take care of themselves. The NFL, NBA, major league baseball..whoever, should not have to rely on some honor system on some obscure anabolics board to protect it's interests NOR should it have Congress do it for them.

If they want doping out of their sports, THEY have to deal with by penalizing the players, testing, et cetera. Of course, instead of actually doing that, they are coming down harder on the average AAS user via the govt.

All in all, it shouldn't be my problem. I do not compete, nor do I even watch any sport.