Ghrp-6

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Growth hormone-releasing peptide-6 increases insulin-like growth factor-I mRNA levels and activates Akt in RCA-6 cells as a model of neuropeptide Y neurones

Frago,-L-M [Author,-Reprint-Author]; Paneda,-C [Author]; Argente,-J [Author]; Chowen,-J-A [Author]

Journal-of-Neuroendocrinology.

Chronic systemic administration of growth hormone (GH)-releasing peptide-6 (GHRP-6), an agonist for the ghrelin receptor, to normal adult rats increases insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-I mRNA and phosphorylated Akt (pAkt) levels in various brain regions, including the hypothalamus. Because neuropeptide Y (NPY) neurones of the arcuate nucleus express receptors for ghrelin, we investigated whether these neurones increase their IGF-I and p-Akt levels in response to this agonist. In control rats, immunoreactive pAkt was practically undetectable; however, GHRP-6 increased p-Akt immunoreactivity in the arcuate nucleus, with a subset of neurones also being immunoreactive for NPY. Immunoreactivity for IGF-I was detected in NPY neurones in both experimental groups. To determine if activation of this intracellular pathway is involved in modulation of NPY synthesis RCA-6 cells, an embryonic rat hypothalamic neuronal cell line that expresses NPY was used. We found that GHRP-6 stimulates NPY and IGF-I mRNA synthesis and activates Akt in this cell line. Furthermore, inhibition of Akt activation by LY294002 treatment did not inhibit GHRP-6 induction of NPY or IGF-I synthesis. These results suggest that some of the effects of GHRP-6 may involve stimulation of local IGF-I production and Akt activation in NPY neurones in the arcuate nucleus. However, GHRP-6 stimulation of NPY production does not involve this second messenger pathway.

pb2xtreme1

pb2xtreme1

Awards
so can someone cantrast this to ectotropin? is ecto anti GHRP-6? not very sure?

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Both ecto and hexa each contain 2.0mg of cell mediated GHRP-6.

pb2xtreme1

pb2xtreme1

Awards
so what is the difference with the new one coming?

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
The new one that is coming has the effects of the Ghrp-6 without the ghrenlin effects (appetite enhancer -hexa and appetite depresser - ecto)

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well damn! I was thinking this was going to be the [D-Lys 3] version. That's the one that is the ghrelin antagonist and suppresses appetite.
The last thing I need is an appetite amplifier. I think they used to carry the D-Lys peptide, so I thought they were just bringing it back by popular demand or something.
Do we know for sure that this will not be the antagonist?

dd

crewchief182

crewchief182

Awards
Looking forward to getting hexatropin back again. Wasn't the hexarelin addition to GHRP-6 what made this such a superior product compared to just plain GHRP-6? What might this new booster to GHRP-6 be in the new hexatropin? Can't wait to see!!!