GH Releasers...

ss01

Banned
Awards
  • Established
GH releasers get a pretty bad rap all around these bodybuilding forums. I have the very unproven theory that for the average 25-year-old, GH releasers won't appear to be doing much whereas for people in their 30s and 40s, they might make more of a difference.

A 25-year-old who expects something from GH releasers expects significantly accelerated muscle growth, and that might require what, 2x the already large amount of GH he puts out? That is unreasonable IMO, and that might explain why these products have such a bad reputation.

Now, I have been on GABA for the last 2 months and I have been experiencing very nice results, especially considering the product's price. I can train 5 consecutive days and still be driven and powerful during my workout whereas before the GABA, 3 consecutive training days was all I had in me.

Of course, this requires only increasing my overall GH levels a smallish amount, say, back up to where I was when I was 25...

Anyways, I wanted to get the 35+ feeling on these products as I do feel they are more geared towards the less young athlete, who do not require a humongous rise in their GH levels to even feel a difference.

Thoughts?

tiggermoon

tiggermoon

Awards
just from my own experience

i used the arginine/ornithine combo in my 20's to good effect. it stripped the BF and increased vascularity quite well.
this without having to change my WO routine.

as new products have come along lately i tried a few but for the price none could compete with real GH.

a study i read (i don't have the link right now) stated that GH releasers tend to lose their effecacy the older you get. this would explain why they worked well in my 20's not so well in my 40's.

likewise i find the rules for their use (the timing, the no food for x amount of hours before or after) to be more of a bother than they are worth when they don't work that well.

your mileage may vary, but for my money nothing yet beats the real deal.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I also used a supposed HGH product back in my early twenties. It is still available, but as I am now more educated, I see it is only BCAA's. But does it potentiate HGH release? I would double dose it at bedtime and find myself more recouperated, harder and vascular in the mornings.
HGH-3X Supporting acids L-ornithine, L-arginine, L-lysine, L-phenylalanine.

the Cardinal

Awards
Tangentially, one thing I have noticed as I've gotten older is supplements/drugs that help optimize hormone levels in general, and sex and thyroid hormone levels in particular, are worth their weight in gold to the 40-plus crowd. My own observation is that declining hormone levels and/or impaired hormone production are at the root of much of the so-called age-related issues associated with body composition and function, which in itself is old news to the informed. However, both the average Joe and Jane, along with much of the mainstream medical establishment, tend to ignore at worst, and woefully underestimate the impact of hormonal issues on optimal health as we age.

I also agree that the experiences of younger people with regard to the use of certain supplements/drugs may not necessarily translate to the older set, at least without evaluating the context of how and why something was used. It's kinda cliche, but so many younger guys are focused on the "get huge" with 7% body fat thing.

For the most part, most of us middle age guys have no desire to get huge. We recognize that if we can successfully keep our strength up, and keep body fat levels around the low to mid teens, it's not only a huge accomplishment, but it's both more realistic and healthier as a lifestyle goal. This is why I personally spend so much time researching, and sometimes trying, things like purported GH boosters, free test bosters, and T3 boosters, because it would be absolutely wonderful if over time, we discovered some of these OTC products worked consistently for most people that needed them.

ss01

Banned
Awards
  • Established
pGH looks pretty good. I mean, it seems effective at like 1/10th the dosage of GABA. Might add Ornithine and Arginine to it for the nighttime dosing if I order the stuff.... Anyone tried that one?

the Cardinal

Awards
pGH looks pretty good. I mean, it seems effective at like 1/10th the dosage of GABA. Might add Ornithine and Arginine to it for the nighttime dosing if I order the stuff.... Anyone tried that one?
What is, and who makes pGH? Also, I'm seeing online ads all over the place for a product named Sytropin. Any idea about this?

ss01

Banned
Awards
  • Established
IBE makes very interesting hGH and IGF-1 products. I will use these. pGH is sold by our new sponsor, I forget their name........ Go to the new sponsor message by Bobo...

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
what ratio and dosing do you guys use for arginine/orinthine?

ss01

Banned
Awards
  • Established
sctxms I'm betting your next cycle will kick major butt because you did the oratropin recently. In theory it should do that. That, and provide better growth off-cycle even months after you've finished the IGF from all the new cells that were created. That is, if you were somewhat close to a pleteau/limit...

sctxms

Awards
I was at a platue 220 at 16% bf. The biggest I have gotten before I ever used gear was 250 but I was 22% bodyfat. I am now 232 and will be getting my bf done today or tomorrow but I figure it to be around 14% now. I will be off for 8wks and then starting another Igf cycle for 6 wks with some added supps this time.

ss01

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Nice. I too am at that place where no matter what I do, lbm doesn't seem to move, only fat and strength do... Although I finally am receiving my order TODAY of all days for my fist cycle ever, although I have used IGF recently.

I don't remember exactly when you finished the oratropin. Are you saying you are NOT going to be having any exogenous androgens until after your next IGF? Or IGF with androgens? Please make reports on that, I am very curious.

I have a hunch that a lot of guys do IGF then do steroids and then claim whatever steroids they have taken is the best thing ever, whereas it was only the prior IGF prepping their bodies for more growth distorting the picture completely.

BigT

Awards
Just my two cents. I have tried just about everything out there and I will say that the Ectotropin 6 and the P-GH were the best by far.

sctxms

Awards
My next supp cyle will start in 7.5 weeks
it will look like this
WK 1-8 turnoboll 50 mg
wk 5-10 oratropin
wk 9-10 novla

MadJimF

MadJimF

Awards
  • Established
I'm very interested in GH, I pretty much dismissed it due to all the comments from 25 year olds...Are these stacks safe on blood pressure/cholesterol, what would be a good stack to try?
Thanks

ottomaddox

ottomaddox

Awards
Hello all,
I've just turned 38 and now I'm feeling some mild effects of getting older, mostly being injured more often. I just sprained my neck doing shrugs the other day, along with all my other ailments: a torn left hamstring when I was 32, a compression between C4 and C5 in my neck: a culmination of motorcycle, automobile and bicycle accidents. I'm also in chronic pain from all the injuries, I've got that under control. I've never considered taking any GH releaseing products before, but I've seen others having good success with it. So, I went ahead and purchased some P-GH from universalkits.com. I just received my kit and I'm deciding when I'm going to start it. I need to do a little more research before I'm going to take it. Thanks.
peace,
otto

whunterx

whunterx

Awards
be interesred in knowing how you make out with the p-gh. I be interested in trying that myself.
Hunter

NNM1989

Awards
Noob Question

I've read the posts on p-gh and have noted the "best" way to administer it, but I was wondering if anyone has actually tried sublingually; what would the effectiveness be?

ottomaddox

ottomaddox

Awards
From what I've read it looks as if it would be quite ineffective if it was taken sublingually. I plan to use it with IM injections.

I've read the posts on p-gh and have noted the "best" way to administer it, but I was wondering if anyone has actually tried sublingually; what would the effectiveness be?

ottomaddox

ottomaddox

Awards
I'll definitely keep everyone informed as soon as I begin administration of my p-gh.

be interesred in knowing how you make out with the p-gh. I be interested in trying that myself.
Hunter

ML67

Awards
I’ve just started a Superdrol/M4OHN cycle and plan to add pGH to my PCT (Nolva, RXT, ZMA, etc.). I’m particularly encouraged by the apparent increased response to pGH and related compounds from the over 40 crowd.

Any thoughts on continuing pGH beyond PCT (4 weeks)?

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
P-GH can be taken for, at least, 6 months straight.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i take gaba on trainign days and im 24. I think it helps some ; although, i do think gaba causes soem sedative effects. also gaba is a anti-againg compound , so ill take what i can get while im still young, without moving to gh.

QUICKRYDE

Awards
  • Established
I tried GABA a couple of times and that damn supplement kept me up all night and I felt kind of shakey on that supplement. I never felt that way with no other supplement.

I do believe the other GH releasers can be a great benefit to someone over 35y/o. :)

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just gthe opposite effects for me Quickride. Gaba seems to have a more calming effect on me

btw i dont mean tot hijack the thread but did ur bloodwork come back?

QUICKRYDE

Awards
  • Established
Yes, it did come back...click on my link. ;)

Just gthe opposite effects for me Quickride. Gaba seems to have a more calming effect on me

btw i dont mean tot hijack the thread but did ur bloodwork come back?

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
What kind of dose is good for gaba at night? I have bulk powder, I just haven't opened it yet. Oh wait, I just read 3-5 grams in another thread.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yeah 5 grams is an effective dose; although, for first time users many people say to

start off with a lower dose and then up the dose as you feel comfortable, getting used to

the gaba

Bacaveli

Awards
im 22 and i use 5g of gaba along with 5g of glutamine and sometimes melatonin on an empty stomach before bed. this is the best thing ive found for gh boost. it makes you sleep better, your muscles are fuller, you recover quicker, you feel great, and when you wake up in the morning your skin is tight. gaba gives me a tingling sensation for a few minutes but it is definitely worth it for the results i recieve. if this works this great for me (22 yrs old) then it should probably work wonders for the more mature folks here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
RatnikK Supplements 22
bigrobbierob Supplements 2
Male Anti-Aging Medicine 6
IGF-1/GH 9
IGF-1/GH 3