baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

Get to know the I-Force Nutrition Team
“baldwanus”

A little about me:

the names baldwin. well, first names josh, but my friends all refer to me by my last name *this is what happens when your best friend throughout high school is also named josh :D* ive been into the gym/supplement scene for about 4 years now. when i first got into it, i always thought i wanted to compete.....while i may not want to compete anymore, i still enjoy the weightlifting lifestyle. the gym is my place to blow off steam...take out whatever frustrations i have that day on the weights.

now, like most of us, the first year or so getting into the gym, and starting to dabble with supplements, i fell into some of the broscience/misinformation thats out there these days. but to be quite honest, i find supplements to be very interesting, so i spent a lot of time on online forums *obviously not over here, bb.com will always be my "home"* cruising pub-med, and picking peoples brains for as much info as i could.

A few years into my lifting, im at my gym working out, and i see this large dude carrying around 100lb plates, tossing 150lb DB's across the room...and im thinkin, who the hell is this guy? he walks up to me at one point and starts asking me about my controlled labs shirt, eventually starts talking about how he works for this company called "iForce". i had never heard of them, and at the time wasnt really ready for many of the products *this was back in the ph days*. This guy was nonother than VaughnTrue. now, over time me and vaughn became pretty good friends. workout partners for a few months before he moved away, and someone i still continue to talk to on a daily basis even years down the road. Vaughn was kind of like my own personal encyclopedia for a while.....any questions i had about lifting/dieting/supplements he had answers for me. then, earlier this year, vaughn randomly hits me up on AIM *yes, we still use that ***** and says "yo do you wanna be a rep for iforce?" and i think we all know what i answered :D

some things you'll notice about my posting "style"...im not one of those rep's to pop in a thread and start pushing a product when its not necessary. and, you'll notice with a lot of things, take pre's for example, i honestly believe that our own maximize v2 is one of the best pre's on the market, but you'll always see my suggestion other possible options. i do use other products, and i feel everyone should get a little variety in their life! aside from this, there may be times i come across as "snarky"....dont take it to heart people, its an online forum, sometimes text doesnt come across the same way as spoken word ;)

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

some injuries along the way...

if theres one thing wrong with me.....its my ankles. ive sprained/strained my right ankle more times than i could even attempt to count, and most recently my left ankle..... at this point, i have now had reconstructive surgery on BOTH ankles. right ankle happened back in 09'. they had to go into my ankle, drill 4 holes in the bone, cut a piece of tendon from my calve to creatine a new ligament in the ankle, weaved that through the 4 holes, and wrapped it all with excess tissue. fun times, not a fun surgery, but at this point its basically at 100%. i have lost a bit of ROM, but that was the whole point of the surgery; tighten the ankle up.

and then, on sept. 1, 2011 i had surgery on my left ankle......wasnt as brutal of a surgery as the other ankle, but all the ligaments were torn and needed to be repaired. im still currently laid up from that, wont be able to start walking on it for about another week and a half or so....hopefully be back to normal by january or so, just in time for the new year :D

Right Ankle:

Left Ankle:

ive also had some knee problems, last november during fall softball i partially tore my ACL/meniscus in my right knee...rested it up and its healed pretty much back to normal by itself

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

and, i cant forget to mention softball. been playing for the past 4 years or so, summer and fall leagues......dont know why, but slow pitch softball is just fun sheeeet.

2010 summer league team went 16-0 in the regular season, only to choke in the championship series and lose 2 games to 1....

and then this past summer, because we won the regular season the year before we were forced to move up a division....we ended up going 14-2, winning the regular season title once again, except this time we swept both our playoff series and won the championship. but, you wanna know what the worst part was? GAME 2 OF THE CHAMPIONSHIP WAS SEPTEMBER 1ST. i had played in game 1 *actually had a really great game fielding/hitting* but do you think a stupid surgery stopped me from making sure my team didnt choke again? nope. one of the guys on the team had a wheelchair, couple of them came to my house to pick me up *mind you, i was still in la la land from all the meds* and brought me to the game. i had a whole setup going on, camped out behind the backstop, foot up resting on one of the hanging bags.

and, just because i think they look sick...

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

so, for those of you that actually took the time to read all that, thanks.

just know that im ALWAYS available on here, and other forums, to answer any/all iforce related questions. and hell, if you have questions regarding anything else, if i cant give you an answer, i'll find one for you :D

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I should be tying my intro up nut inside I'm Reading everyone else's lol

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
i see what you mean about hoping I open a practice close to you lo, sorry to hear about all that bro. glad you seem to be on the road to recovery though, hope it all goes well

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn, your incisions are serious! Very large, shockingly long incisions actually. Another thing, vaughn was tosssing around 150lb dumbells??? haha jk. Nice pics bro, I can see now why you have so much free time :D

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Damn, your incisions are serious! Very large, shockingly long incisions actually. Another thing, vaughn was tosssing around 150lb dumbells??? haha jk. Nice pics bro, I can see now why you have so much free time :D
haha i agree, the one on the right side is HYOOOGE. i remember seeing it for the first time after surgery, i had no idea it was going to be as big as it was......luckily the one on the left is a lot smaller, maybe it will heal up a little less noticeable

and yes.....back then vaughn was capable of lifting 150lb db's........not sure if he could now :p

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
haha i agree, the one on the right side is HYOOOGE. i remember seeing it for the first time after surgery, i had no idea it was going to be as big as it was......luckily the one on the left is a lot smaller, maybe it will heal up a little less noticeable

and yes.....back then vaughn was capable of lifting 150lb db's........not sure if he could now :p
I think you physician was incision happy that day lol, I've seen MANY ortho surgeries, actually in the OR during the surgery and never seen one that big lol. Ortho docs get happy at times with things, I remember mine was Cast happy when I had to get my surgery and had a full leg cast. The OR nurse told me post surgery the doc was cast happy.. he wrapped it so many times it weighed about 20 pounds, and was like an inch thick lmao and normally the surgeons don't apply casts, the PA or nurse does. Needless to say, a few days later I made them cut it off and redo it after i stuck it in the bath tub on purpose :D

Mike

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
jeeze...i think you guys all need less free product every month. enough of the fat vaughn jokes!

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
jeeze...i think you guys all need less free product every month. enough of the fat vaughn jokes!
I believe I am due for a raise.. since I am the oldest rep now :D