Funny story about igf and a question

aspire210

aspire210

Awards
  • Established
Went for my first igf injection. Brought it to the gym which closes at 11pm. I workout late because I go to one of the largest universities in the country and its always packed, accept late at night. Anyway, do my leg routine finished up with some calf raises. On my way to the bathroom to inject and its being cleaned, so I turn around and decide to just do it in my car since its 11pm and no one will be around. Fire alarm goes off as I get near the exit. So i head to my car and BAM, cops come pouring out of no where. No way i'm gonna inject myself with cops everywhere, but I only live 5 minutes away, so I drive home, rush inside and get ready. Damn needle won't go in my calf. I figure its dull from drawing, so I just push harder, after 3 seperate tries it finally breaks the skin, with a ton of force. It was a rough night.

My question is, will it always be this hard to inject since the needle will be dull from drawing the igf/AA and NaCl? Is there anything I can do outside of buying the VERY expensive insulin syringes that allow needles to be swapped? It doesn't hurt per say, its just annoying.

adammm

Awards
I usually backload the slin pin with BW, then draw up the IGF with the slin pin.

You can always backload the IGF and the BW/NaCl if you wish to have the pin at its sharpest.

aspire210

aspire210

Awards
  • Established
I usually backload the slin pin with BW, then draw up the IGF with the slin pin.

You can always backload the IGF and the BW/NaCl if you wish to have the pin at its sharpest.
backload?

adammm

Awards
Draw up your IGF, then get another slin pin, remove the plunger, inject the IGF into the new slin pin, then replace the plunger. :)
Do the same for the BW if you like.

You'll have a still-sharp loaded slin pin.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
I don't know what type of slin pins you're using, but I usually use Terumo or UltiMed (the UltiMed are nice because they have caps for the plungers so you can draw 20mcg of IGF and then take it to the gym without the IGF getting pushed out accidentally). In any case, I usually just draw the IGF, then draw the BW, then inject. Yeah, the needles are duller, but I generally don't have any trouble getting them in. I mean I have to push a little harder and it hurts more, but I never have to use A LOT of pressure... so maybe the pins you got just aren't sharp to being with?

aspire210

aspire210

Awards
  • Established
I don't know what type of slin pins you're using, but I usually use Terumo or UltiMed (the UltiMed are nice because they have caps for the plungers so you can draw 20mcg of IGF and then take it to the gym without the IGF getting pushed out accidentally). In any case, I usually just draw the IGF, then draw the BW, then inject. Yeah, the needles are duller, but I generally don't have any trouble getting them in. I mean I have to push a little harder and it hurts more, but I never have to use A LOT of pressure... so maybe the pins you got just aren't sharp to being with?
I have Terumo U-100's. I think it might just have been a calf thing because it was much easier with shoulders. Still had to give it a bit of force, but nothing like with calves. Thanks for your help though guys, I just need to quit being a pussy.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
General Chat 4
Mase64 General Chat 7
NickyNoNames General Chat 12
dlew308 General Chat 1
Rodja MMA 25