Unanswered Freezing hcg and question for homebrewers

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So i am having major issues sourcing both bacteriostatic water and syringe filters and i need to make the hcg solution urgently.

1.) Can i just use 0.9% NaCl solution with hcg and then freeze the individual insulin syringes? I read some people do it that way but i dont know whether that will destroy hcg (i am using recombinant instead of urinary hcg so it might be more stable)?

2.) Can i use pure benzyl alcohol without running it through 0.2 uM filter or is it mandatory even though it is pure benzyl alcohol? That way i could make the usual bacteriostatic solution.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So i am having major issues sourcing both bacteriostatic water and syringe filters and i need to make the hcg solution urgently.

1.) Can i just use 0.9% NaCl solution with hcg and then freeze the individual insulin syringes? I read some people do it that way but i dont know whether that will destroy hcg (i am using recombinant instead of urinary hcg so it might be more stable)?

2.) Can i use pure benzyl alcohol without running it through 0.2 uM filter or is it mandatory even though it is pure benzyl alcohol? That way i could make the usual bacteriostatic solution.
Once reconstituted if you freeze it, it’ll break down the HCG. It has to be stored in the fridge at that point. Wouldn’t it/isn’t it harder to source benzyl alcohol? I was trying to find some and wasn’t having any luck

Alchemist11

Alchemist11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It's perfectly fine to use 0,9% NaCl, it can be in fridge for few months and still be just fine

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Once reconstituted if you freeze it, it’ll break down the HCG. It has to be stored in the fridge at that point. Wouldn’t it/isn’t it harder to source benzyl alcohol? I was trying to find some and wasn’t having any luck
I have benzyl alcohol however i dont have 0.22 uM filters to run the solution through!

Sorry i am an idiot i meant to say i would keep hcg in syringes in the fridge at 4°C.
I am worried about the sterility a bit however it is isotonic solution (0.9% NaCl) so it is better at preserving than plain sterile water.

And i know people preload syringes and keep then that way for 30 days + so i hope 2 weeks wont be an issue.

Everybody is out of damn syringe filters. I could make my own bacteriostatic water if i had them.

I bought hcg and 0.9% NaCl solution in amps in the local pharmacy.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It's perfectly fine to use 0,9% NaCl, it can be in fridge for few months and still be just fine
You mean preloaded in the syringe or in a vial?

Because i can do both. Just worried about sterility (kept hcg preloaded in syringes before but it was for 3-5 days max).

Alchemist11

Alchemist11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You mean preloaded in the syringe or in a vial?

Because i can do both. Just worried about sterility (kept hcg preloaded in syringes before but it was for 3-5 days max).
Just keep it in vial and take it from it when you need it

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I believe you can freeze unconstituted - please correct me if I’m wrong - but just refrigerate once reconstituted.
As far as I’m concerned you can get away with any form of sterile water or sterile normal saline. I wouldn’t go through the trouble of adding BA. Just swab your vial top every time.

chem.jr.

chem.jr.

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I believe you can freeze unconstituted - please correct me if I’m wrong - but just refrigerate once reconstituted.
As far as I’m concerned you can get away with any form of sterile water or sterile normal saline. I wouldn’t go through the trouble of adding BA. Just swab your vial top every time.
Yup . Freeze powder (had some for 2yrs that kept) and refrigerate liquid.

And any water will work but for hcg i only use bact water as it keeps much better and since hcg can come in different sizes (2,5,10mg/10,000mcg) with 5,000 being most common I use bact bc im not going to use it all quick enough. But a vial of growth is only going to last a few days so I've used all kinds of goofy shyt. But i still think bact is best. Just my 2c. Best of luck