For everyone who has had high E2

Kingston pt

Awards
Who knows from personal experience that libido is highest when E2 is between 20-30? Can a E2 that is a lot higher or lower cause low libido? Can an E2 of 58 cause a loss of libido?

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Who knows from personal experience that libido is highest when E2 is between 20-30? Can a E2 that is a lot higher or lower cause low libido? Can an E2 of 58 cause a loss of libido?

YES

thomastobird

Awards
What scale are you using with that 58 score?

KSman

KSman

Awards
  • Established
My E2=37 with a range of 0-53 was a big problem for me. 1mg/wk of arimidex improved things GREATLY. That got E2=22. I am aiming for E2=17-20 and have increased arimidex to 1.22mg/wk. Don't know the E2 level results from that, but based on how I feel, that is an improvement for me. I was E2=17 a few years ago, so that is not an unreasonable target for me.

E2=58 really sounds like a disaster to many of us. There are many other related heath issues: insulin resistance, pre or frank diabetes, syndrome X aka metabolic disorder, high body fat, distribution patterns of body fat (apple or pear shaped), blood pressure, prostate inflammation (BPH), CV disease... Not all caused by E2, but high E2 can be part of the situation.

High E2 promotes fat, fat promotes conversion of T-->E2. High E2 increases SHBG production by the liver. The increased SHBG decreased free testosterone (FT). The higher E2 levels also act as a negative feedback signal that reduces LH production which reduces T production by the testes. See a patter here?

You libido is determined partly by absolute FT levels and strongly by FT:E or FT:FE ratios.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
My E2=37 with a range of 0-53 was a big problem for me. 1mg/wk of arimidex improved things GREATLY. That got E2=22. I am aiming for E2=17-20 and have increased arimidex to 1.22mg/wk. Don't know the E2 level results from that, but based on how I feel, that is an improvement for me. I was E2=17 a few years ago, so that is not an unreasonable target for me.

E2=58 really sounds like a disaster to many of us. There are many other related heath issues: insulin resistance, pre or frank diabetes, syndrome X aka metabolic disorder, high body fat, distribution patterns of body fat (apple or pear shaped), blood pressure, prostate inflammation (BPH), CV disease... Not all caused by E2, but high E2 can be part of the situation.

High E2 promotes fat, fat promotes conversion of T-->E2. High E2 increases SHBG production by the liver. The increased SHBG decreased free testosterone (FT). The higher E2 levels also act as a negative feedback signal that reduces LH production which reduces T production by the testes. See a patter here?

You libido is determined partly by absolute FT levels and strongly by FT:E or FT:FE ratios.

i beleive that also esterone has high affinity for the prostrate as well and ALL estrogens in general can increase the shbg e1 included possible as well as the unmethylated metabolites or unbound estrogens floating around may lock into the receptors as well, but this still needs to be explored causing the same possible feed back loop in the hypothalalmus.