Food Stuck In Throat For 1 Week

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Wasn't sure where to put this, but it's kind of health and nutrition related?

1 week ago, I was eating Buffalo wings and didn't chew one well enough, felt it scratch and scrape of up throat in one spot. The pain continued only very mildly the rest of the night. The following nights I kept waking up coughing like crazy, so 48 hours after went to ER, all he did was shine a flashlight down there and say "your fine, here's ENT follow up."

Next night, pain got worse so went to different ER, they did xrays, ct of neck which said 7mm radiolucent something or other, but when the doctor took a camera down there to my epiglottis, saw nothing. Xrays showed a little spot of pneumonia so also on doxycycline. Discharged and told that whatever was there must've dislodged.

Next day, pain got worse and felt like my throat was closing, so I went back to ER. After bringing an ENT in to scope down through my nose and finding nothing, they said it must've dislodged and went into my chest since I was having chest pain too. Swallow xray test ordered and again, nothing found. Everyone keeps saying I just must have a terrible scratch that'll take a while to heal. Discharged.

1 more pointless trip to ER because i felt it move and start poking the back of my throat constantly. 14 hours in waiting area followed by a doctor saying there's nothing they can do, so I was discharged. I missed 3 days of sleep over the past 5 days, and the other 2 days only had a couple hours. I've lost 10 pounds in 1 week since I've missed so many meals.

I have a follow up with ENT tomorrow. I know this thing is still there, partially embedded in my throat/esophagus. It hurts like crazy and pokes my throat on certain movements. This is insane.

Has anyone dealt with something like this? Dr. Google says every complication results in death. Shouldn't have consulted with him.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
ok so.. maybe you better find another ent.

I had an employee who's mom got a bone stuck in her throat and very similar issues. after about a week she went into septic shock and almost died because the bone punctured her esophagus and was leeching stomach acid into her upper cavity. all around basically the same issue. it might have even been a chicken bone too. i cant remember all the details beyond that, but it was like they were saying the same thing till she almost croaked~

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
ok so.. maybe you better find another ent.

I had an employee who's mom got a bone stuck in her throat and very similar issues. after about a week she went into septic shock and almost died because the bone punctured her esophagus and was leeching stomach acid into her upper cavity. all around basically the same issue. it might have even been a chicken bone too. i cant remember all the details beyond that, but it was like they were saying the same thing till she almost croaked~
Holy smokes. Thanks for the reply. If this appointment tomorrow is fruitless, I'll find another ENT.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Holy smokes. Thanks for the reply. If this appointment tomorrow is fruitless, I'll find another ENT.
I hope they get it figured out for you soon, brother.
... Just keep in mind that there's still an outside chance that nothing is lodged there (just a "small' injury).
There's been times where I've had a small internal throat injury, and thought it was something in my throat.

Are you able to drink some calories brother (shakes, protein drinks, etc)?
It would be good if you could slow that weight loss.

:-(

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Is it possible that there's just a cut or some kind of injury/damage that was done and it keeps getting aggravated?

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It sounds like either dysphagia caused by GERD or Globus Pharyngeas. Say OP, maybe you could try Marshmallow root. It increases the mucus lining of the respiratiry and GI tract.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I hope they get it figured out for you soon, brother.
... Just keep in mind that there's still an outside chance that nothing is lodged there (just a "small' injury).
There's been times where I've had a small internal throat injury, and thought it was something in my throat.

Are you able to drink some calories brother (shakes, protein drinks, etc)?
It would be good if you could slow that weight loss.

:-(
Yesterday was the first time I had 3 meals in one day all week. After the ent appointment yesterday where I got to watch him scope on camera, I guess there's nothing there, except laryngopharyngeal reflux he said. Apparently, that causes a lot of these issues I'm describing. I couldn't tell if he got all the way to my Adam's apple though, or just to epiglottis. But, I'm to the point that if it's been missed this many times, it's in God's hands. And the ct only showed something on the epiglottis, nothing down by the Adam's apple. But I do have appointments with pulmonologist and gastroenterologist in next couple weeks too.

Is it possible that there's just a cut or some kind of injury/damage that was done and it keeps getting aggravated?
I guess it's possible, and between that and the laryngopharyngeal reflux, feels like something sharp is still there I guess.
It sounds like either dysphagia caused by GERD or Globus Pharyngeas. Say OP, maybe you could try Marshmallow root. It increases the mucus lining of the respiratiry and GI tract.
Well, not GERD, but LPR according to ENT yesterday. I was given Protonix. I'll look into marshmallow for too. Thanks.

This was making me crazy for a few days there. Still is a little, but not as bad.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Holy smokes...it happened again. The one piece of pizza crust I didn't quite chew enough just scraped up the exact spot that all this started with. I'm about to lose my mind.

Edit: that post was supposed to be posted last night. I'm a lot better today oddly enough. I've given this to God.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Holy smokes...it happened again. The one piece of pizza crust I didn't quite chew enough just scraped up the exact spot that all this started with. I'm about to lose my mind.

Edit: that post was supposed to be posted last night. I'm a lot better today oddly enough. I've given this to God.
Seriously bro, you've got to slow down and masticate properly.