Follow Up: Test C to Test E ... My TRT and Effects

LaserGoPewPew

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wanted to follow up with the board, give an update, and ask some questions ...

Backstory -

Never tried steroids and never had a desire to but in 2011 I was sold a "test booster" that in hindsight was likely superdrol and dileinone.

In 2016 i took something called Super Tren Extreme and it made me insanely lean and I am pretty lean to begin with...

Fast forward to late 2018. I have always been an athlete, always active, and then I got sick and had an odd fever as well as other symptoms that lasted months. Its only a guess but I think this did something to my endocrine system and when I finally tested my hormones the doctor said the levels were that of a 90 year old man. The fever or something associated with it gave me arthritis in hands and feet.

I went on TRT in Jan 2019 and over the next 90 days I lofted heavy, cut out sugars, alcohol, flour, and overall tried to follow tom Bradys anti-inflammation diet to help with mu small joint pain. Drank lots of water. Lots of vegetables. I took a lot of CBD as well. I think this was about the time when I found this board and began asking questions. I took a pill called Species Level 3 around this time and it had anamorelin in it, which i believe caused me to sleep extremely deep. I took that for 30 days and it gave me incredible stamina at the gym and my mood was better overall (i think due to sleep but cant be sure). I really felt like i was beginning to recover.

About 6 months after the SL3 I began to add low dose Primo. The TRT was working physically (i was a defensive back in a former life and never truly large muscularly) as i put on more muscle that I had ever done when I was younger, but I didn't have that "feel" a lot of guys describe on TRT.

The primo added modest gains and i did feel good, but not great.

Recently, I switched from Test Cyp (this is an Rx) to Test Eth (UGL) and I can feel a noticeable difference. I am 2 weeks into the switch. My mood seems lighter and i feel better overall. I am doing three injection IM a week with Insulin needles. Trying to keep my levels nice and even. Over the COVID madness timeline I felt like i was getting depressed or frustrated and thought it was just life in 2020. I mean isnt everyone feeling weird this year? Now that I made the switch to Eth ... could it have been the Cyp wasn't working well for me anymore? I have been on TRT for about 18 months now.

Any insight?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
testosterone is a drug, and like any other drug the longer you are on it the less you will 'feel' the effect...the desire to do more or add on/change things up is just like the desire you get with any other drug you are on for longer durations...

i really don't 'feel' much different after i do my weekly injection after 14 years...but that doesn't mean it isn't working---when i developed polycythemia around 4 years ago and was taken off trt 'cold turkey' i realized how well it was actually working, even though while i was on it the 'feel' seemed minimal.

Alan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wanted to follow up with the board, give an update, and ask some questions ...

Backstory -

Never tried steroids and never had a desire to but in 2011 I was sold a "test booster" that in hindsight was likely superdrol and dileinone.

In 2016 i took something called Super Tren Extreme and it made me insanely lean and I am pretty lean to begin with...

Fast forward to late 2018. I have always been an athlete, always active, and then I got sick and had an odd fever as well as other symptoms that lasted months. Its only a guess but I think this did something to my endocrine system and when I finally tested my hormones the doctor said the levels were that of a 90 year old man. The fever or something associated with it gave me arthritis in hands and feet.

I went on TRT in Jan 2019 and over the next 90 days I lofted heavy, cut out sugars, alcohol, flour, and overall tried to follow tom Bradys anti-inflammation diet to help with mu small joint pain. Drank lots of water. Lots of vegetables. I took a lot of CBD as well. I think this was about the time when I found this board and began asking questions. I took a pill called Species Level 3 around this time and it had anamorelin in it, which i believe caused me to sleep extremely deep. I took that for 30 days and it gave me incredible stamina at the gym and my mood was better overall (i think due to sleep but cant be sure). I really felt like i was beginning to recover.

About 6 months after the SL3 I began to add low dose Primo. The TRT was working physically (i was a defensive back in a former life and never truly large muscularly) as i put on more muscle that I had ever done when I was younger, but I didn't have that "feel" a lot of guys describe on TRT.

The primo added modest gains and i did feel good, but not great.

Recently, I switched from Test Cyp (this is an Rx) to Test Eth (UGL) and I can feel a noticeable difference. I am 2 weeks into the switch. My mood seems lighter and i feel better overall. I am doing three injection IM a week with Insulin needles. Trying to keep my levels nice and even. Over the Now that I made the switch to Eth ... could it have been the Cyp wasn't working well for me anymore? I have been on TRT for about 18 months now.

Any insight?

Backstory -

Never tried steroids and
Recently, I switched from Test Cyp (this is an Rx) to Test Eth (UGL) and I can feel a noticeable difference. I am 2 weeks into the switch. My mood seems lighter and i feel better overall. Now that I made the switch to Eth ... could it have been the Cyp wasn't working well for me anymore? I have been on TRT for about 18 months now.

Any insight?
Recently, I switched from Test Cyp (this is an Rx) to Test Eth (UGL) and I can feel a noticeable difference. I am 2 weeks into the switch. My mood seems lighter and i feel better overall. I am doing three injection IM a week with Insulin needles. Trying to keep my levels nice and even. Over the COVID madness timeline I felt like i was getting depressed or frustrated and thought it was just life in 2020. I mean isnt everyone feeling weird this year? Now that I made the switch to Eth ... could it have been the Cyp wasn't working well for me anymore? I have been on TRT for about 18 months now.

Any insight?
Is your Rx cypionate and UGL enanthate the same concentration? I ask because, at least IME, Rx cypionate is usually 200mg/ml and UGL enanthate tends to be 250mg/ml, so just making sure you're actually dosing the same amount. If they are the same labeled concentration my first thought would be that the UGL is a bit overdosed (not terribly uncommon in the UGL world) so you're simply feeling the effects of a higher dose.

Other guys might have a different experience, but I've never been able to tell a difference in esters at equivalent doses.

LaserGoPewPew

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is your Rx cypionate and UGL enanthate the same concentration? I ask because, at least IME, Rx cypionate is usually 200mg/ml and UGL enanthate tends to be 250mg/ml, so just making sure you're actually dosing the same amount. If they are the same labeled concentration my first thought would be that the UGL is a bit overdosed (not terribly uncommon in the UGL world) so you're simply feeling the effects of a higher dose.

Other guys might have a different experience, but I've never been able to tell a difference in esters at equivalent doses.
Alan - you are right. I think we are looking at 200 vs 250 if you go by the lable on each vial. However I did take that into consideration when filling the syringe. I think the volume is much less per injection but the dose likely was kicked up from 125 to 150 a week (if i recall correctly).

so the dose did go up, even it the amount wasnt dramatic. And of course to your point that is assuming its not dosed higher than what is on the label, which could be the case

Last edited:
bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
^^^ Don't discount a small increase in TRT compared to the serum blood levels you'll get. It's not linear. 140mg once weekly gives me a trough of low 400s but 200mg once weekly gives me 800-1000s normally. The 60mg difference makes it feel like I'm on a cycle due to the "feels" I get from testosterone.

trumac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
As mentioned UGL test is actually often overdosed. My assumption is for this exact reason. If you use Rx and it’s properly dosed but then UGL x is advertising 250mg/ml but it’s actually 275 or something you might feel better at what you think is the same dose. But it’s not.
I don’t “feel” much from my TRT either