Flax oil?

muscles4life

Awards
I just learned how good Flax oil can be for you, so I picked up a bottle of gel caps. I can't find on the forums how much I should take a day and how often. I found if I had the oil itself to take one tablespoon, but it doesn't say how many mg's in a tablespoon. My gelcaps are 1000mg's, so how often and how many should I take a day?, or should I follow the bottles recommendation?, which is ussually to low. Would it be better to do oil itself or the gelcaps or are they the same, just cost? Thanks.

db682

Awards
  • Established
Oil is much cheaper doseage wise and has a taste that becomes very satisfing. UMMMM!:D

db

dainbramaged

try around 6-8 a day (at least). the reason people are telling you oil is better is because there is like the equivalent of 14 1000mg tabs in one tablespoon (tsp? tbsp?). It's much more economical

Truck 44

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
How many tablespoons or teaspoons do yoy recomend taking?

motleybreu

Awards
if you search around here you'll find different answers..i take 2-3 table spoons a day at separate times. it varies on your stats and how much fat/calories you require per meal and such

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
yeah the caps are pointless, you have to take too many, and the cost seriously adds up. i usually add like 1 tablespoon into my protein shakes and take 2 a day. =)

dainbramaged

keep in mind that 1 tbsp is equivalent to about a hundred calories. If you're on a carb reduced diet, it's convenient to substitute this kind of 'good' fat for the lost carbs sometimes. Though it certainly doesn't hurt to add 1-3 tbsp's a day. I usually take about 2.

motleybreu

Awards
well there are numerous other benefits other than the 'good fat.' and why throw it in your shake when you can just take a nice gulp:)

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i think it makes my shake taste better, i lick the spoon after i put it in my shake though, does that count? :D