Flat muscles think I peaked early

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
So I am prepping for a week vacation in Santa Monica. I have been dieting and training very hard with no cheats since January. I achieved the physique look that I was going for recently 2 weeks ago but somehow I lost it and not my physique sis appearing less veiny and grainy. My diet and training has not changed at all. My food comes from only chicken breast, whey iso, brown rice, sweet potatoes and greens. This has been working for me Through the whole process until recently. Can someone help me figure out what’s why I am beginning to loose fullness and that grainy look. I am all natural btw no gear or supps besides whey. Very much appreciated any feedback!

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like its time for an adjustment on your intake. Sounds more like your just depleted. Your "grainy" look is only going to last so long. Double check your BF% as well. It should be about that time to reassess and have been eating the exact same things.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The body adapts/adjusts, and for most it is hard to hold a certain look at a low BF percentage.

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like its time for an adjustment on your intake. Sounds more like your just depleted. Your "grainy" look is only going to last so long. Double check your BF% as well. It should be about that time to reassess and have been eating the exact same things.
The body adapts/adjusts, and for most it is hard to hold a certain look at a low BF percentage.

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
What would you recommend I do? Add more carbs or fats? Higher water sodium intake ?

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
Should I tweet the diet with more carbs or fats?

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Really depends. How long have you been at your current BF%?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Where’s the fats?? Even a low-fat diet needs some, naturals definitely more-so - what do you think your testosterone is manufactured from? Which will already be declining as it is from an extended deficit (which is just part of the process, but don’t remove all of your resources to make it too). You mainly sound depleted. The important thing isn’t even how you look right now, it’s that conditioning continues to improve and you fill out when it counts for vacation.

Even an experienced coach couldn’t offer advice on what to change without knowing the diet specifics (let alone energy expenditure like training, cardio, job/sleep changes), BUT anyone here can tell you that if your body is changing unfavorably there will be some adjustments required at some point to get your look back.