Fighters You'd Like to See in the UFC

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
For me personally, in no particular order:

Kid, JZ, Shoalin, Joachim, Barnett, Fedor, Lawler, Ninja.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
For me personally, in no particular order:

Kid, JZ, Shoalin, Joachim, Barnett, Fedor, Lawler, Ninja.

Seconded. I'd also like Aoki, Marcela Garcia (when he's ready), Gomi, Kid, Manhoef, Overeem, Jacare, Roger Gracie.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Seconded. I'd also like Aoki, Marcela Garcia (when he's ready), Gomi, Kid, Manhoef, Overeem, Jacare, Roger Gracie.
Manhoef for sure; I just rewatched him crush Saku in the dream MW Tourney on HDNet.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Akiyama, Kimbo (so he'd get crushed), Lindland, Thomson, Frank Shamrock

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What weight class for Lindland?

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
MW to take on Anderson of course :hammer:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I'm the Akiyama guy around here, ok. Go back to sweating Hughes and other redneckish fighters.

BTW, the hiroshima'ing that is going on around here(not in this particular thread), we can't compete with, this sh*t is bad.

heavies

heavies

Awards
  • Established
I am sure you know already Monson called out Bimbo [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4e3pZ3gPvo"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I'm the Akiyama guy around here, ok. Go back to sweating Hughes and other redneckish fighters.

BTW, the hiroshima'ing that is going on around here(not in this particular thread), we can't compete with, this sh*t is bad.
You showed him moderate love, but I've taken it to a new level by watching his Genghis Con video daily. Hughes getting beatdown so much lately made him lose his jock bully image that I found entertaining. I still support him though.

Yeah, I know what you mean, lollerz. :fool2: I googled something recently and the thread where you first introduced "Hiroshima'ing" popped up as the second link. Whoa, weird.

heavies

heavies

Awards
  • Established
Monson would destroy Ferguson. It would be great to see him bulldog choked out.
I love Monson. Remember his interview on steroids.... classic anarchist Monson.

"If it were up to me everything would be legal," said the Washington native. "I don't think they should make anything illegal because you have fighters coming up or body builders or college players, whatever, using $400-500 a month worth of supplements a month that you get at GNC, then you got another guy coming up that can't afford that stuff, so you got an unlevel playing field with that."

"You have the pre-testosterone this and anabolic-booster that -- it's all legal," The Snowman continued. "To me, what's really the difference? That stuff is just as expensive as steroids anyway and not everyone can afford it, not everyone has access to that stuff. Just because it's legal or not legal, who determines that stuff? The government. Some guy in a suit that's never taken it, doesn't know anything about it."

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
I am sure you know already Monson called out Bimbo

Pretty funny video - particularly the "cause I know the *ucker doesn't read" :toofunny:

But his rationale that the guy is 2-0 and hasn't fought anybody is downright stupid. Let me preface this by saying I hate Kimbo as much as the next guy, but this is NOT his fault. Monson has over 30 pro fights and would destroy Kimbo. His motives could ONLY be jealousy (rightfully so) and money / recognition (for being the first to officially expose Kimbo)... More power to him, but this will probably NEVER happen. Kimbo's management is not stupid. Him losing would probably lead to EXC sinking entirely.

Kimbo is a third rate boxer with very limited skills. Any somewhat talented LHW would destroy him. However, the promotion monster was created by death himself. Gary Shaw is a piece of *hit, evidenced by his handling of the death of Diego Corrales, and pretty much every business dealing of his of the past 20 years. EliteXC is forcing the guy out of the promotion as we speak.

Anyone see the first Corrales / Castillo fight and how gay Shaw was at the end trying to man-hug Diego? He does that all the time. Tries to get his big fat hands on all the sweaty men fighters post fight.

heavies

heavies

Awards
  • Established
Pretty funny video - particularly the "cause I know the *ucker doesn't read" :toofunny:

But his rationale that the guy is 2-0 and hasn't fought anybody is downright stupid.
What do you mean?

I agree that Kimbo is being used.

I racked my brain for a long time trying to figure out why Bas would associate with this clown, and after all the hype I think I know why. Bas has said that he really wants to be in movies and to become this great Hollywood actor, and I believe he saw this as his way??? Exposure from a shooting star....

Monson has a right to be pissed, he has been in the trenches for yrs, and this Nimbo shows up and gets the fatted calf???

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
What do you mean?

I agree that Kimbo is being used.

I racked my brain for a long time trying to figure out why Bas would associate with this clown, and after all the hype I think I know why. Bas has said that he really wants to be in movies and to become this great Hollywood actor, and I believe he saw this as his way??? Exposure from a shooting star....

Monson has a right to be pissed, he has been in the trenches for yrs, and this Nimbo shows up and gets the fatted calf???
I totally agree. Kimbo is getting rich off of some stupid backyard brawls. Monson should use THAT as his rationale... Not the fact that he is 2-0 and hasn't fought anyone. There are probably a few hundred heavyweights training in MMA that are 2-0 and only fought tomato cans. The reason he doesn't have beef with that? The other few hundred aren't making any money - and no one knows there names. Monson wants to cash in just like the next guy, and there is no problem with that - just don't make it about Kimbo not wanting to fight anyone.

The smart thing would have been to sign Kimbo, and have him train with a reputable school (Bas - perfect)... Come up on undercards like every other tough grinder out there... but Shaw saw the dollar bills, and banked his entire organization on putting this guy as a headliner, which almost took the entire organization down. Kimbo losing his second fight would have ruined EXC.

heavies

heavies

Awards
  • Established
I totally agree. Kimbo is getting rich off of some stupid backyard brawls. Monson should use THAT as his rationale... Not the fact that he is 2-0 and hasn't fought anyone. There are probably a few hundred heavyweights training in MMA that are 2-0 and only fought tomato cans. The reason he doesn't have beef with that? The other few hundred aren't making any money - and no one knows there names. Monson wants to cash in just like the next guy, and there is no problem with that - just don't make it about Kimbo not wanting to fight anyone.

The smart thing would have been to sign Kimbo, and have him train with a reputable school (Bas - perfect)... Come up on undercards like every other tough grinder out there... but Shaw saw the dollar bills, and banked his entire organization on putting this guy as a headliner, which almost took the entire organization down. Kimbo losing his second fight would have ruined EXC.
I think you hit the nail on the head.

I love the whole calling them out thing...

EDIT*****
I think in Monson's speak he is saying just that... we got a backyard brawler getting treated as if he legitimately fought his way up to the top.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
I think you hit the nail on the head.

I love the whole calling them out thing...

EDIT*****
I think in Monson's speak he is saying just that... we got a backyard brawler getting treated as if he legitimately fought his way up to the top.
He probably is. He's pissed - and rightfully so. I think I've heard a couple other fighters call him out more eloquently though - saying that he shouldn't be where he is (Brett Rogers comes to mind immediately).

Regardless, its a moot point. Shaw is probably trying to schedule Kimbo / Carano.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
King Hippo! if Butterbean can cross over into mma, so can he.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
Bart Vale
Haha I actually have that World Combat Championship Tournament on VHS. I believe Renzo Gracie won the tournament by choking James Warring in the finals. Warring had a hilarious match with Erik Paulson earlier in the night in which he was swinging Paulson around by his longass hair. Then of course there was the infamous Gracie neck stomp. Great tourney.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Haha I actually have that World Combat Championship Tournament on VHS. I believe Renzo Gracie won the tournament by choking James Warring in the finals. Warring had a hilarious match with Erik Paulson earlier in the night in which he was swinging Paulson around by his longass hair. Then of course there was the infamous Gracie neck stomp. Great tourney.
I've heard it was good in an old school way, but I've only been able to find a few of the fights online. Warring-Paulson sounds like it would be right up my alley entertainment-wise.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
I've heard it was good in an old school way, but I've only been able to find a few of the fights online. Warring-Paulson sounds like it would be right up my alley entertainment-wise.
It was a funny tourney. The 1st guy that Vale fought was a master in the art of "samoan bone breaking", I believe the same martial art that Matua claimed. Vale proceeded to beat the piss out of him.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I've seen that one. The dude was like Bitioni or something (too lazy to look up). He was a bloody mess and eating headbutts all night. I think Vale arm triangled him or did some cracked out choke from the bottom.

The early to mid 90s MMA events are all pretty hilarious. Gorduea biting Royce when he tries an RNC, Kimo carrying in the crucifix, the Polar Bear just existing...

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I've seen that one. The dude was like Bitioni or something (too lazy to look up). He was a bloody mess and eating headbutts all night. I think Vale arm triangled him or did some cracked out choke from the bottom.

The early to mid 90s MMA events are all pretty hilarious. Gorduea biting Royce when he tries an RNC, Kimo carrying in the crucifix, the Polar Bear just existing...
The Hackney/Joe Son ball buster, Emannuel Yarborough trying to move, good times..........

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
You showed him moderate love, but I've taken it to a new level by watching his Genghis Con video daily. Hughes getting beatdown so much lately made him lose his jock bully image that I found entertaining. I still support him though.

Yeah, I know what you mean, lollerz. :fool2: I googled something recently and the thread where you first introduced "Hiroshima'ing" popped up as the second link. Whoa, weird.
Man, I was sweating the sh*t out of Akiyama for a while. I was promoting him to beat Kang, and getting flamed for it in here. You probably have me on the Genghis watching though. I've probably only watched it 4 times. I wish they did a better job on the Fedor vid.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
WesleyInman IronMag Labs 1
MMA 7
JudoJosh Supplements 10
SheddingSkin Supplements 26
Cycle Logs 3