Excelsior pre

SpicedCider

SpicedCider

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for the delay in posting back. So here's the deal -- it's difficult for me to give an completely objective assessment of how the dose felt since I've been sleep-deprived all week, and I only had time to take maybe an hour-long nap earlier yesterday afternoon. I say all this because even when I'd take the old Excelsior during a sleep-deprived state, it actually wouldn't be all that stimulating for me. Tl;dr - if I'm really tired and am in a state of chronic sleep deprivation, even the most stim-heavy PWOs (e.g., old Excelsior) are unable to make much of a difference.

Having said that, I'm going to take it again later this afternoon prior to my running since I will have had time to actually get legit sleep by then, but I'm pretty sure this still isn't classic Excelsior. The metallic taste I used to get in my mouth from dosing tubs I bought in early 2020 just isn't there at all, and I don't get the same inclination to want to sit in my car for 1+ hrs and listen intently to music and browse articles/websites on my phone instead of actually starting the running. The euphoria and sense of "everything is going to turn out SO RIGHT AFTER ALL" wasn't there either.

HOWEVER... during my run, I noticed that I had the tendency to have imaginary "conversations" in my mind about future plans, why I think something will/won't work out for me, etc. like I used to get with the old Excelsior. There was also a general feeling of positive stimulation, although it could 100% be attributable to something like DMHA or even amp citrate.

In short, I'm pretty sure this still isn't the Excelsior we all know (knew) and love(d), but I'm going to give it another shot later today after I've had a chance to get some real sleep and follow up again.

In the mean time, have any other PWOs been identified as TTSPTHTHSIIFTIOTL ("The Token Sketchy Preworkout That Has to Have Something In Its Formula That Isn't On The Label") yet? It's only going to be a matter of time...

SpicedCider

SpicedCider

Awards
  • Established
Quick update -- took a scoop of the new Excelsior yesterday evening prior to doing my running. Unfortunately, I'm now even more certain that this definitely isn't the old Excelsior. The energy, euphoria, motivation, and all the other effects that the product is/was notorious for were mostly absent, and it basically felt like a dose from one of the 5/24 tubs. I'm curious to hear feedback from others who have dosed from a 6/24 tub so I can make sure I'm not just too tolerant to stimulants at this point. However, unless other users' future feedback turns out to be much more positive, I'm not going to be spending any additional money on this product, as I feel like I've essentially wasted $100+ on the last 2 tubs. I guess that DMAA-based preworkouts are going to be as good as it gets for me, at least until the next feels-too-good-to-be-legal product hits the market.

uforce

uforce

Awards
  • Established
Quick update -- took a scoop of the new Excelsior yesterday evening prior to doing my running. Unfortunately, I'm now even more certain that this definitely isn't the old Excelsior. The energy, euphoria, motivation, and all the other effects that the product is/was notorious for were mostly absent, and it basically felt like a dose from one of the 5/24 tubs. I'm curious to hear feedback from others who have dosed from a 6/24 tub so I can make sure I'm not just too tolerant to stimulants at this point. However, unless other users' future feedback turns out to be much more positive, I'm not going to be spending any additional money on this product, as I feel like I've essentially wasted $100+ on the last 2 tubs. I guess that DMAA-based preworkouts are going to be as good as it gets for me, at least until the next feels-too-good-to-be-legal product hits the market.
hate to hear this. i’ve been clinging to my 2 unopened tubs of 8/23 and thermal spark from the same batch. ugh. what to do. use or hold on to it. lol

SpicedCider

SpicedCider

Awards
  • Established
hate to hear this. i’ve been clinging to my 2 unopened tubs of 8/23 and thermal spark from the same batch. ugh. what to do. use or hold on to it. lol
Maybe sell to me if you decide your high-stim days are over? LOL

SpicedCider

SpicedCider

Awards
  • Established
One of the most popular online supplement retailers that sold Excelsior (starts with an "R") now displays a "Sold Out" notice on their Excelsior product page with no mention of when it will be restocked, and they also removed all user reviews. Guess that's a wrap on that...

uforce

uforce

Awards
  • Established
One of the most popular online supplement retailers that sold Excelsior (starts with an "R") now displays a "Sold Out" notice on their Excelsior product page with no mention of when it will be restocked, and they also removed all user reviews. Guess that's a wrap on that...
:(

Giantaxe25

Awards
I can also confirm that the 6/24 batch is not the same I have both 5/24 and 6/24 and can notice a huge difference the powder is also a lot finer in the 6/24 and doesn’t smell the same the 5/24 hit right after taking it and lasted forever 6/24 you don’t really feel it until like 45 minutes later and it’s not the same crazy focused feeling I do still get that social feeling of talking to everyone at the gym but not close to the extent of the old one I feel they have the same ingredients just less of the “crack” or whatever is in it because the feeling is similar just not to the same extent

uforce

uforce

Awards
  • Established
if it still makes you social, i may consider getting a tub of the newer stuff.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wrong section…. 😝

Giantaxe25

Awards
if it still makes you social, i may consider getting a tub of the newer stuff.
Yeah and you also get that zoned out feeling where your just sitting on your phone in the locker room for almost 30 minutes before your workout lol almost everything is the same just not as extreme I’ll have to try 1.75 scoops apparently that’s the sweet spot and I’ll let you guys know been a few weeks since i had the old one but I still remember the feeling

uforce

uforce

Awards
  • Established
Yeah and you also get that zoned out feeling where your just sitting on your phone in the locker room for almost 30 minutes before your workout lol almost everything is the same just not as extreme I’ll have to try 1.75 scoops apparently that’s the sweet spot and I’ll let you guys know been a few weeks since i had the old one but I still remember the feeling
lol definitely keep us posted bud. interested in what it does. also, how does it taste compared to the previous?

Ironpirate

Ironpirate

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Special? Is that like when the two guys at the fast food restaurant take the food being prepped in the back and molest it?
I think nowadays they molest it the night before and leave it in the walk in, that was my experience working fast food at least.

SpicedCider

SpicedCider

Awards
  • Established
It looks like every single vendor (including the manufacturer itself) is sold out of Excelsior. Does anyone know if the product has been officially discontinued?

SpicedCider

SpicedCider

Awards
  • Established
No Eva’s supplements restocks all the time check it every day few times a day
Good to know. Just not sure if I want to risk wasting another $60 buying yet another tub, seeing as the last 2 tubs I purchased have been complete duds and are definitely missing that "secret ingredient."

Giantaxe25

Awards
Good to know. Just not sure if I want to risk wasting another $60 buying yet another tub, seeing as the last 2 tubs I purchased have been complete duds and are definitely missing that "secret ingredient."
What dates were on them you probably just built up a tolerance to it and that’s why it doesn’t hit the same for you

SpicedCider

SpicedCider

Awards
  • Established
What dates were on them you probably just built up a tolerance to it and that’s why it doesn’t hit the same for you
06/2024 and 05/2024. I definitely didn't build up a tolerance to the product, as at least several passed between my last 2 servings when I ordered the most recent tub. There's definitely something different about the latest batches... as others have noticed, the powder itself is fluffy and difficult to mix in water, whereas the older batches were much grainer, almost like they had large grains of sugar or salt in them.

Giantaxe25

Awards
06/2024 and 05/2024. I definitely didn't build up a tolerance to the product, as at least several passed between my last 2 servings when I ordered the most recent tub. There's definitely something different about the latest batches... as others have noticed, the powder itself is fluffy and difficult to mix in water, whereas the older batches were much grainer, almost like they had large grains of sugar or salt in them.
5/24 hit hard for me and was coarse I’m pretty sure the coarseness comes from exposure to humidity the 6/24 is more powdery but they both feel the same to me it’s never gonna hit the same as it used to you’ll always be chasing for the one that does but it’ll never happen just take a break from it and try it again in a month I also got 4/24 and they all feel basically the same to me but not the same as when I first took it

SpicedCider

SpicedCider

Awards
  • Established
5/24 hit hard for me and was coarse I’m pretty sure the coarseness comes from exposure to humidity the 6/24 is more powdery but they both feel the same to me it’s never gonna hit the same as it used to you’ll always be chasing for the one that does but it’ll never happen just take a break from it and try it again in a month I also got 4/24 and they all feel basically the same to me but not the same as when I first took it
The thing is - at least for me - every serving I ever took from the old tubs hit me 100% the same way in terms of motivation, euphoria, the "push" during cardio, and the crash, even when I'd take it multiple days in a row. But with the latest tubs, if I even feel ANYTHING from it, it actually is more likely to make me feel less energized and more sluggish when running, almost like when I take too much caffeine. The feeling is just markedly different, as if I might as well be using a different product entirely.