• Best Answer
  • RockStar
Background:

Vitals:
-
Height: 5’8”
-Current Weight: ~173-174lbs
-Current Bodyfat: ~10%
-~7-8% on one of those fancy stand on + handheld scales, but as noted before not sure its super accurate.

Training:
-Currently 5 days per week. M-F, weekends off. Still same as last couple months and same as in previous log (although intensities are up a bit weights are heavier/lower rep currently).
-Brief overview->
M- Snatch, Squat, Gymnastics, Circuit
Tu- Lower Strength, Circuit, Mono-structural, Core
W- LISS-MISS
Th- Clean, Deadlift, Gymnastics, Circuit
F- Upper Push Strength, Gymnastics, Circuit, Core
-I won’t post day to day most likely, but I’ll highlight any major improvements.
-Recently hit 430 x 2 on squats and 505 x 2 on Deadlifts, so strength is at a pretty high level right now.
-I hit pretty much 15,000 steps easily per day, honestly maybe trying to keep this a little lower. Job keeps me moving, but I am not aiming to hit a certain amount anymore as too much makes caloric intake difficult at times.

Diet:
-Slowly gaining the last ~2 months.
-Goal here is to slowly grow. My original plan has me "bulking" another 2-4 weeks, then trying to maintain new body weight for a short maintenance. Depending on how this seems to effect me will determine how soon or when I make this change or if I change at all.
-Current macros are around 175g Pro/525g+ Carb/100g Fat on higher days. Carbs usually tapered lower on less rigorous training days and off days.
-Nothing is off limits really, but its pretty similar day to day. Mostly pork, chicken, beef, eggs, and dairy for protein, oats, breads, potatoes, pastas, and rices for starchier carbs, avocados, nuts, olive oil and fats from other foods for fat, and apples, berries, bananas, peppers, onions, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and spinach for fruits and veggies. Other things mixed in based on availability and any random wants. Calories are high right now and probably a little "dirtier" if you think that way, but probably still pretty straightforward.
-Cut down a bit on the higher fiber carbohydrates as the intake has gotten high, too much bloat.

Supplements:
-Some slight changes as I've "budgetized" some of my previous things. Nothing too crazy.
-Staplish type daily products: Dropped SNS Stress and Anxiety (due to Rhodiola, don't want that from this and BMP), but will continue with 250mg of Sensoril, 2-3g Fish Oil, 1g Meriva Curcumin, and 400mg Berberine.
-Performance: CEL Epi-plex (1 cap per day), 2g PeakO2, 1 scoop Morphogen Hexagen during training, and Nutrabio Intrablast 1 scoop during training.
-Stimulant/Pre-workout: Stim intake has increased a bit over the past 2 months, but nothing drastic. Usually 1 cup of coffee in the AM then various energy drink pre-workout. Also using Proccor Ultra Octane pre (Citrulline, Nitrates, Glycerol, Creatine, Beta Alanine, Taurine, Tyrosine, Choline).
-Dropping Anabolic Effect, but otherwise things should be pretty similar to the last 2 months (as far as training, supplementation, and nutrition) with just the addition of BMP!

Expectations:
-Going to continue doing what I have been and will mostly be monitoring changes in:
1) Body composition: Seems to be a common theme and the main selling point of the product. I'll be monitoring weight, composition and some measurements.
2) Performance: See if the changes in body comp and possible increases in lean mass help with performance in the gym.

Any questions or any specific other feedback anyone wants let me know and I'll do my best.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Final Review
-TLDR, then full review, and overall feelings.

TLDR Pros/Cons:
Pros:
-Changes in body composition (most notable benefit despite caloric intake).
-"Amplified" everything (training seemed "more" effective, improvements in blood markers seemed "faster" than expected, joint recovery seemed "enhanced" compared to typical time frames, etc.).
-Ease of dosing, 2 caps twice per day was pretty easy to stick to and I didn't worry about any sophisticated fasted/nonfasted/taken with this or that/etc.
Cons:
-No real changes in fullness/vascularity/pumps (outside of what is expected with drop in body fat).
-Similar to above no major change in "feel" (without tracking or paying attention I could see how someone could not notice this working).

Bodyweight Change:
-Up .2lbs (172.8lbs-173.0lbs) over 8+ weeks.
-Negligible change.
-If you follow you'll see weight went up, then down a bit, then was trending back up slowly again.
-I had a mid log drop in training volume and intake for a little bit that coincided with the drop and weight increased again as I went back up in volume.

Body Composition:
-Quantitatively body composition on the scale went down .5%.
-"Visually" I felt I had more change than that. I didn't take great pictures and just standing relaxed is pretty similar, but I've noticed increased upper body change

Recovery:
-Never noted any seeming increase in recovery.
-If anything I noted increased soreness after certain sessions, most notably in areas I don't tend to get sore (different muscle groups or areas). I took this as I was hitting or working muscles a bit differently and not necessarily a decrease/negative impact on recovery.

Strength/Endurance:
-I hit some all time bests during this log (515lbs deadlift, some other beltless rep PRs, best gymnastic for time work, etc.).
-Strength did seem to "fluctuate" a bit, but I was also at the end of a training cycle and then the start of the next.
-No "explosive" changes here.

Random Things I Didn't Necessarily Anticipate:

Joints:
-I don't have too many issues and nothing major, but at the end of training cycles I tend to get some minor flare ups in the right knee, sometimes some shoulder stiffness, etc.
-I had noted a little increase in the knee prior to this log and some increased stiffness in the right hip.
-Those completely cleared up.
-Could have been some of the volume drop mid log, but I noted it before that so while there may be an additive effect, I think this helped.

Blood Glucose:
-So I always tend to test this every so often just to see how things are going, make sure things are not changing, and just feel when adding a new product it is always important to see how it effects blood glucose just for the info.
-I didn't notice any changes in an acute setting (I noted some days where it seemed to lower for some meals or not for others, so assumed random fluctuations).
-While no acute benefits seemed to be noted, I did really notice a change in chronic levels by the end, especially this final week (I may have seen it sooner if I checked more, but checked, double checked, and triple checked this past 7-10 days).
-Average morning fasted is down 5-7 points from ~8 weeks ago. I even noted a couple days MUCH lower.
-Tolerance to meals at other points in the day was leading to lowered levels all day as well. So much I was getting some ~60 readings after meals with quite a few carbs (all my meals have lots of carbs haha).
-Not sure what/why/how, but seems to have improved my metabolic flexibility and/or the increase in body composition has marked some good changes.

Metabolism/Efficiency:
-Maybe in line with the above I noted times were it seemed impossible to keep the weight going up.
-I was and still am eating a ton and weight gain seems much slower than at previous times when eating these amounts with near the same training volume.
-BMP seemed to ramp me into overdrive when I'd eat more. I'd offset it by just burning more. I haven't been taking as many "daily walks" with the dogs in efforts to keep the calorie burn lower (don't worry the dogs have a huge yard to run around in so they get more than enough exercise, just not with me!). I seem to be offsetting with either increased NEAT or some other mechanism is at hand.

Overall:

I would recommend this to most people.

If you are looking for something to improve the hard work you put in, especially if body composition improvements are important to you, then this should be one of the absolute first things you look at outside of the basics. The changes in physique despite not being in a fat loss phase, combined with the absolute lack on any real negative effects is a huge plus.

Where does this leave me? Honestly I’d love to continue this or in the future combine with something that improves my all day muscle fullness and vascularity (Vaso6?) and/or Epicatechin for a recomp/cut/maintenance phase. If I had the funds I’d keep this in a longer rotation, but for now I have to dig into my stash a bit and try to save through the holiday season. Come early next year I’m already scheming this in a slow fat loss phase.

Last edited:

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Officially I weighed 174.2lbs yesterday morning and popped my first 2 BMP today (Tuesday) at 6am.

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm in. I'm on my 2nd bottle of BMP and just ordered 2 more!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm here!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Subbed!

megadeth

megadeth

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In on this for sure!

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’ll get something up today for first week review (even though Tuesday was the start), although wasn’t expecting much first week.

Anyone notice increased soreness? Could be random, probably due to being woken up early every morning this week (4am FTL 😭), or maybe something (again its only week one but pumps and mind-muscle connection seemed “deeper” recently).

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I’ll get something up today for first week review (even though Tuesday was the start), although wasn’t expecting much first week.

Anyone notice increased soreness? Could be random, probably due to being woken up early every morning this week (4am FTL 😭), or maybe something (again its only week one but pumps and mind-muscle connection seemed “deeper” recently).
I don't get more DOMs really, but I do feel it increases the mind muscle connection. Ligustrazine has a lot of neurological benefits as well, so it makes some sense.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
First Week Update/Thoughts:

Bodyweight Change:
-Down .4lbs (172.8lbs-172.4lbs) Tuesday-Sunday
-So again started the BMP on Tuesday, so a little bit ehhhh for initial start and it will probably clear up as we get more Sunday to Sunday weights. I was surprised to be 172 today as I've been closer to 174 most days this week (and last Sunday was 174.2).
-Mentally I am having some "mind games". Seeing the weight on the scale I feel like I think I should be "softer" and I definitely am a tad bit softer than 2 months ago, but still looking pretty solid and some days looking pretty dry.
-That said not like I really noticed much from Tuesday-Sunday.

Random Thoughts:
-As noted above I was pretty sore this week. Could be a ton of things so I'll keep an eye on it. Training itself wasn't more intense or that different.
-I do feel a bit better mind to muscle connection. I don't do a ton of training in that regards, but even on non targeted approached I felt this.
-Either something independent or this M-M connection led to some slightly improved pumps this week.
-Overall strength was probably a little down this week and overall a bit tired, etc. so going to try to hammer out some stuff to keep recovery up and see where this goes from here.

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
Subba Dubba Doo

UKG

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Just a thought. Is it possible that this log may suffer as a result of you just coming off the CEL AE? I mean if your strength is up as a result of that product, I may drop off again now you stopped using? Could put the BMP on the back foot?

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Just a thought. Is it possible that this log may suffer as a result of you just coming off the CEL AE? I mean if your strength is up as a result of that product, I may drop off again now you stopped using? Could put the BMP on the back foot?
I had that thought, but honestly most natural anabolics I’ve had experience with don’t usually leave me with a drop in strength when stopped. The rate of strength accumulation slows down, but I’m seldom “weaker”.

BMP does have anecdotal reports of strength so I’ll keep that in mind, but the majority of the write up and benefits appear to be in the signalling of Anabolic and anti-catabolic pathways, so I’m really keeping an eye on the body composition and weight changes.

It’s the second week on BMP and I’m starting to notice some improvements, which I’ll get to writing up soon.

I’ll say I’ve had some slight shifts in schedule (much more 4-5am wake ups lately) and am adjusting better this week. Strength is definitely still there and up in some areas. I hit 100lbs DBs bilateral elevated split squats this week at a relatively easier feel than the 90s two weeks ago. 👍

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice weight. 100lbs DBs for that exercise is pretty impressive!

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
FWIW I deadlifted 515 without a belt today.

Was supposed to be a double but didn’t want to risk a bad grinder rep 2, but that’s still a best ever (and my previous best was with a belt).

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Pretty decent update today or tomorrow.

Spoiler: I’m seeing some trends sooner than anticipated. 😉
Nice! Kickin in quicker than expected is always a positive.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Second Week Update/Thoughts:

Bodyweight Change:
-Up 1.6lbs (172.4lbs-174.0lbs) Sunday-Sunday
-Ok so that is a big jump in one week.
-A little surprising because before Saturday (weighed 174.0 then as well) I literally weighed 172.4 4 out of 5 days from M-F. Staying that "steady" is strange for me or unusual.
-The jump over the weekend isn't too unusual. Usually for whatever reason I always get a small spike, but this is a little over the norm.
-Not concerned or anything, was more interested in how I was staying at 172, but either way just something we'll keep an eye on! If anything I was upset I wasn't gaining as I am getting a little "diet" fatigue from how much to eat each day.
-If I went by the mirror I was looking a bit tighter this week. I figured that seemed about right with the 172 weight, but that is subjective, at the very least things seem to be going well.

Not fully ready to commit to any hard changes or improvements, due to it only being 2 weeks so far, but here are my thoughts of what has been trending so far:
-I am still getting pretty sore. Not like record levels, but more than I have been accustomed to in the last half a year or so. The strange thing is it is that it isn't always in the areas I'd "expect". For example when I do 100+ chest to bars in a workout I reasonably expect to get some arm flexor (biceps and forarm) DOMS. That has greatly improved lately, but this past 2 weeks after similar style workouts I have gotten some increased lat and upper back soreness from this training minus as much biceps soreness as I'd expect. This is also noted in different areas of my quads and hamstrings being sore the past couple days.
-This doesn't seem to have decreased my performance though. I train with a high frequency and am used to training through soreness, but even with this recent increase I have seen zero issues.
-Strength and endurance are up, while last week was a bit off, this week has been great. Up pretty much everywhere.
-Slight decrease in fatigue during the day. When I wake up at 4-5 I don't feel the instant need for caffeine this week and have even trained on some days with less/no pre-training intake.
-Still an enhanced mind-muscle connection. Not mind blowing pumps (about the same right now), but I do also feel they are a bit "different". Feel a bit "tighter" right now.

So TLDR:
-Weight gain.
-Increased DOMS, but no decreased recovery from them, and increased performance from last week.
-Slight tightening/hardness improvements.
-Less "tired".

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So I’m going to get this updated more frequently now that we are rolling. Keep any questions coming along if you have any I’m always glad to answer!

As far as strength dips, not much to speak of hit another squat PR 435lbs x 2.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You are a beast man. Hitting 435 and 500+ on squats and deads? That is strong at 200 pounds BW. At 175 that is beast mode. You probably have a 1300 pound total at that weight, and if you are natural that puts you in pretty elite strength status.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You are a beast man. Hitting 435 and 500+ on squats and deads? That is strong at 200 pounds BW. At 175 that is beast mode. You probably have a 1300 pound total at that weight, and if you are natural that puts you in pretty elite strength status.
My pressing is easily a weakness and I don’t bench frequently anymore (lots of overhead though). I’d love to see where I’m at a bit down the road if I added a belt and maybe my heeled shoes again. Been going super minimal with just my normal training shoes and no belt recently.

I felt my 435s were higher than I wanted, but I train high bar and use the squat for the weightlifting transfer so I like to bury my squats. These were still social media white light accepted. 😂

I’ll get some more detailed training up, but my current macro cycle should be winding down next week and then onto some slight tweaks.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My pressing is easily a weakness and I don’t bench frequently anymore (lots of overhead though). I’d love to see where I’m at a bit down the road if I added a belt and maybe my heeled shoes again. Been going super minimal with just my normal training shoes and no belt recently.

I felt my 435s were higher than I wanted, but I train high bar and use the squat for the weightlifting transfer so I like to bury my squats. These were still social media white light accepted. 😂

I’ll get some more detailed training up, but my current macro cycle should be winding down next week and then onto some slight tweaks.
I am a fat 205 right now and the best I have ever done is deads for 425 x 5 a while back and I did recently squat 365 x 1 and it was full range, no belt, but very slow and not perfect form.

My GOAL is to get down below 180 and have 1300 pound total.

And yes, I feel your pain, I am weak in upper body movements. My bench is probably around 265 x 1.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I am a fat 205 right now and the best I have ever done is deads for 425 x 5 a while back and I did recently squat 365 x 1 and it was full range, no belt, but very slow and not perfect form.

My GOAL is to get down below 180 and have 1300 pound total.

And yes, I feel your pain, I am weak in upper body movements. My bench is probably around 265 x 1.
third for weenie bench... best ever was 255 or 65 @ 200ish lb (and soooffffftttt ha)... made it up to 410 on both squat and dead but hurt my back and ahvent maxed in over a year now... sad

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
third for weenie bench... best ever was 255 or 65 @ 200ish lb (and soooffffftttt ha)... made it up to 410 on both squat and dead but hurt my back and ahvent maxed in over a year now... sad
I hurt my back a few years back and my squat and deadlift have felt the pain ever since. Bench is my strong point.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So let’s take a look at an actual day of training:

A) 15 minute EMOM Power Clean, build from 75%: Ended at 285 for a few sets.
B) Deadlift Doubles every 90s Build but don’t pass @9 RPE: Finished with 485lbs
C) 6 sets 1 minute work, 30s rest Chest to Bar: Just under 150 reps (nearly 25 per minute)
D) 15 Minute EMOM of three movements

So strength is great right now. Cleans we’re flying. Deadlifts felt strong even with the work in the clock and my cardio is great on all movements.

So far this week I’m feeling very “muscular” and some clothes are fitting (or not ha) tighter than recently. Especially thighs and shoulders.

DOMS isn’t as bad this week either.

Weight is stationary again and I’m still surprised I’m this lean at this high of a weight.

I’ll break it down more in depth for my 3 week review, but have a few things to cover as well!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Looking forward to the detailed review... seems to be going well so far!

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Third Week Update/Thoughts:

Bodyweight Change:
-Up 1lbs (174lbs-175lbs) Sunday-Sunday
-Another decent jump. Again a little surprising as I was 173 literally every day other than yesterday (173.6) and today (175). Same trend as last week.
-This is the most I have weighed in a little while and I am still quite lean.
-I don't have as much vascularity right now in the midsection (first area it drops from), but levels are high elsewhere (arms are pretty crazy).
-I am having a little trouble wrapping my head around current physique. Like mentioned there is some decrease in vascularity and I feel a bit less "dry" (don't take that as I look bloated, far from it), but right now my muscles still look lean and I look really full. It is almost like I am "actualizing" some of the gains I have been building the last 10-12 weeks of caloric surplus.

So lets start to look at benefits I am noticing, some things that I am not noticing, and some changes from first couple weeks.

Body Composition:
-So I am not dropping fat, but considering the weight gain I am a little surprised how lean I am.
-I've had to up carbs to 600g on some days to try and continue to spur weight gain and usually I see a detriment to my physique when I get this high in calories (based on past experiences).
-My photos aren't the best, but I when I compare from a month ago I don't see as much loss of definition as I'd expect given the weight changes.
-Tempted to lower calories a tad and let this just run its course.

Recovery:
-So I had mentioned some crazy DOMS in the past couple weeks, but this week wasn't too bad. It seems to have "normalized" and/or last couple weeks were just a bit of a fluke.
-Between workouts I am recovering well still, seeing no issues with my high frequency training.

Strength:
-So things were on the upturn again this week. Both peak strength (high percentage work was improved this week either with higher strength levels or more at sets at higher weights).
-225 snatch and 285 power clean (with close to power at 300) this week both being easier than ever and hit a 435 squat double and 485 deadlift double (this was done during my every 90s work, which is crazy to me that I could hit this on such short rest intervals).

Endurance:
-Not seeing huge boosts in longer duration work, but my ability to repeat efforts (so work with 30-60s rest or the work on the minute or on 90s) is up right now.

Pumps/Vascularity:
-So not sure I am seeing improved pumps or vascularity on this. I don't think those were necessarily in the write up as possible areas of benefit.
-Still seeing a bit of mind muscle connection improvements, which has some areas feeling sore that usually aren't and ability to focus on the right movement execution during training.
-I feel "fullness" but it is different than some of my past experiences. This may sound stupid, but maybe I am just more muscular now and I am not used to it, which may or may not be attributable to the BMP, but I feel like I am really realizing some of my past gains solidifying.

So we have one more week in my bottle AND one more week in my current macrocycle before I switch things up. Will be an interesting next 4-5 weeks.

Last edited:
LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice update/review! Definitely should be an interesting next 4-5 weeks. Excited to see how the results turn out in the end for you!

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Same as last week (and usual) weight dropped to 173.6 this morning despite eating a bit more than usual on a Sunday and I was super sedentary (5k steps).

I find myself sneaking bites of random things as well lately to keep layering the calories on (which I think is crappy because it throws my tracking off), but considering that I’m still a bit miffed at how I look. 👀

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Same as last week (and usual) weight dropped to 173.6 this morning despite eating a bit more than usual on a Sunday and I was super sedentary (5k steps).

I find myself sneaking bites of random things as well lately to keep layering the calories on (which I think is crappy because it throws my tracking off), but considering that I’m still a bit miffed at how I look.
More food and still lean is never a bad thing.... and not having to track is even better

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Today’s Training:

15 minute Power Snatch EMOM: started at 175 ended at a couple sets with 215.
-That’s a great day for me with no misses.
10x2 squats every 90s ended with a solid 395. Felt solid and better than 2 weeks ago.
Accumulated nearly 30 strict MU in 5 minutes.
Short sprint workout that I burned through quite well.

Strength still going strong.

Did a body comp a week early, I was bored, will do an official next week but said half a pound muscle up (it register my weight only a half a pound up anyway). 👍

Luney

Awards
Today’s Training:

15 minute Power Snatch EMOM: started at 175 ended at a couple sets with 215.
-That’s a great day for me with no misses.
10x2 squats every 90s ended with a solid 395. Felt solid and better than 2 weeks ago.
Accumulated nearly 30 strict MU in 5 minutes.
Short sprint workout that I burned through quite well.

Strength still going strong.

Did a body comp a week early, I was bored, will do an official next week but said half a pound muscle up (it register my weight only a half a pound up anyway). 👍
You're killing it bro!! Does bmp require a pct or no??

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So bit of a soft update here.

First, I replaced my normal pre-workout (Nitrates, Glycerol, Citrulline, etc.) with Vasoforce XT samples this week. Probably a little confounding for results, but I wasn't seeing much pump wise with BMP yet anyways. It'll be just this week then back to normal next week (for those interested in specifics of that I'll be posting a review outside of here later once I've used all the caps I have).

Second, here is the last couple days of training.

Tuesday:
Bilateral Elevated Split Squats 8 @6, 8 @7, 8@8, 1 Repeat.
-Finished with 100lbs per hand for the top two sets. Same as two weeks ago, but felt a tad easier. Either way we don't have heavier DBs so I couldn't have gone up if I wanted (had we had 105s I'd have given them a shot, thats how good I felt).
Assault Bike + Burpee + OHS Circuit
-RIP my legs. Smoked. Good endurance here today.
Assault Bike 15 Minutes @8-9
-10 cals more than last month when I did this. Felt great.
60 GHDSU in as few sets as possible
-Wanted 1 set, couldn't so did 51-9 (ha).

Wednesday:
60 Minute Moderate Pace Intervals on Rower
-130bpm Average HR

Thursday:
15 Minute Clean and Jerk Emom
-Finished with a few at 265
Deadlift:
-Ive been destroying these, but not 100% happy with back position so only built to 475 x 2 today, but they were super crisp and perfect back position, which is pretty great at this weight for me.
Bar MU:
Accumulated 65 reps today, better than 2 weeks ago and my RPE was lower too.
15 Minute Varied EMOM:
-Strong today here as well, my conditioning is up.

Side notes as a little bit of a preview of my 4 week review........my weight is stagnating and/or dropping. It peaked on Sunday and the last few days keeps going down (I even ate kind of stupid yesterday on my cardio only day and overate by at least 40-50g of carbs and still didn't hold any extra weight this morning). We will see the next couple weeks but I am leaning out it appears. This is kind of stupid given how much I am eating. A bit at a loss for how this is happening. :oops:

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice 475 by 2 on deadlift. That's pretty solid with good form you mentioned.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Week Four Update/Thoughts:
I have a little bit left in the bottle, haven't counted but probably a couple days left of bottle 1.

Bodyweight Change:
-Down 1.2lbs (175lbs-173.8lbs) Sunday-Sunday
-So a pretty substantial drop. If we are being honest this is even less of a drop than I anticipated, my weight was freakily down at 172 the whole week until Saturday-Sunday.
-I felt like I was leaning out, but last week's 175lbs had me questioning my eyes, but with the weight drops this week I think that may be the case.

Body Composition:
-Again weight is down a bit and I do look leaner or similar.
-My legs in particular are leaning out a tad, that always is one of the last places to lean out, but the "hardness" and almost grainy look surprised me this week.
-Next my arms are looking improved. I don't do much direct arm work, but I'd say they are the most improved area recently.
-Clothes are fitting "tighter". I am short and I hate how long some shirts fit on me, but some of my normal shirts are getting too short because I appear to be filling the tops out more. My jeans and pants are more snug in the thighs lately too.
-I should continue to note that this has been despite my best efforts to continue to gain weight. I am a little bit of a "hard-gainer" at this point in life. My NEAT seems to kick in hard to counter gains at this point and I was pounding food hard in hopes to keep the weight up and ended losing weight (4000cals a day currently).

Recovery:
-DOMS are good. I am still getting slightly sore, but I am recovering very well right now.

Strength:
-About the same as last couple weeks. No explosive changes, but some steady progress.

Endurance:
-This was up a bit this week, but again I used some Vasoforce XT samples. So I'll leave this blank and see how it looks the coming weeks.

So here is a TLDR for first bottle review:
-Body comp changes in a bottle.

Longer First Bottle Review:
-Weight was up and down and kind of all over. Went up first couple weeks, then down.
-I look "leaner".
-This was all despite eating record calorie levels. Usually I gain at this many, with a decent bit of fat at this point in a training cycle (only so much lean gains being natty).
-Strength and endurance improved over the month, but not as fast as the previous two months (that isn't too unusual with a training cycle laid out this way, general fatigue is built up by this point).

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So where do we go now?

I took the weekend to think on it. With the second bottle I am going to tighten the diet up a bit. As mentioned I was taking handfuls of things at times just trying to get calories in above and beyond what my goals were for the day. I want a better record of how things are going so for the next month I am going to log everything again in my food notes and probably drop calories just a tiny bit (mostly because pounding all this food has gotten tiring), as training volume should be a bit lower this month (to offset some of my accumulated training fatigue) while intensity will stay high (I have some squat singles up to @8 rpe today for example).

Let us see what I can crank out in another four weeks. I am pretty impressed already with the weight/body composition effects, so moving forward I want to see how they progress in month 2.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Awesome detail as always... sounds like so far it’s been nothing but good

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nice work man! I am going to run this for 12 months straight and I'm about 4 months in. With some family issues the last couple months and my grandmother passing, 2 of those months have been sub-standard training for me. Still, I've made some progress and I was sitting at 201.8 this morning vs. 216 when I started. I've been dieting, but it's a very slow burn as I'm eating close to what should be maintenance for me and I've noticed I kind of sit at a weight for a while and then suddenly I drop 3-4 pounds and that's my new "normal". Just about all of this weight loss has come over the past 10 weeks, with relatively little exercise and only sticking to my diet about 60% of the time.

In other words, I haven't made as much progress as I could have, but I made a lot more than I should have.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So I was like why didn’t I post yesterday in Sunday? Posted then realized I was going to add my body composition from today...oops.

So again I don’t put a ton of stock in it, but body fat percentage is pretty similar to 4 weeks ago, bodyweight was up, and unless I’m missing something I registered the highest LBM I’ve ever had on that machine before. 🤷‍♂️

So all in all it does appear I’m the most muscular I have been...and I feel pretty darn lean so this is cool.

Workout today was again goal of high intensity levels with lowered total volume.

Built to 215 snatch. Missed 225, but it was so perfect I almost surprised myself and just didn’t punch up enough. I’d have retaken it but trying to mitigate fatigue so no risking more misses.

3 singles at 415 for back squat for top sets. Super smooth, but maybe slower than I’d like.

Demolished 30 MU for time with a 2:27 (18-6-6). Considering my body weight is up this is awesome (usually see a slight struggle with gymnastics as the weight creeps over 170, but with obviously more actual muscle at this weight maybe that’s not as much of an issue).

Then a 12 minute AMRAP burner at a pretty blistering pace today.

Luney

Awards
So I was like why didn’t I post yesterday in Sunday? Posted then realized I was going to add my body composition from today...oops.

So again I don’t put a ton of stock in it, but body fat percentage is pretty similar to 4 weeks ago, bodyweight was up, and unless I’m missing something I registered the highest LBM I’ve ever had on that machine before. 🤷‍♂️

So all in all it does appear I’m the most muscular I have been...and I feel pretty darn lean so this is cool.

Workout today was again goal of high intensity levels with lowered total volume.

Built to 215 snatch. Missed 225, but it was so perfect I almost surprised myself and just didn’t punch up enough. I’d have retaken it but trying to mitigate fatigue so no risking more misses.

3 singles at 415 for back squat for top sets. Super smooth, but maybe slower than I’d like.

Demolished 30 MU for time with a 2:27 (18-6-6). Considering my body weight is up this is awesome (usually see a slight struggle with gymnastics as the weight creeps over 170, but with obviously more actual muscle at this weight maybe that’s not as much of an issue).

Then a 12 minute AMRAP burner at a pretty blistering pace today.
You're killing it bro!! Most people I see at that weight aren't doing that amount of weight on there reps. I'm 165lbs on a regular and you got me beat!! Nice!!