Ever hear of the Peptide MOTS-c ?

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Anyone ever hear of the Peptide
MTS-c? If this write up is accurate, it seems very interesting.
@Smont @Hyde @MrKleen73 @WesleyInman

“The Mitochondrial-Derived Peptide MOTS-c promotes metabolic homeostasis and longevity, improves exercise capacity, reduces obesity, insulin resistance and other disease processes such as osteoporosis. MOTS-c has been found in the nucleus of cells as well as in the general circulation, making it a bonafide natural hormone. It does this by improving skeletal muscle response to AMPK activation.”

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
First I have heard of it. It does sound good for sure.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I've heard of it but outside of listening to a few ppl like VigorousSteve I don't really know anything about it on a personal experience level

jmero2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm going to try it soon. I like what I've been reading about it, especially helping with dysfunctional mitochondria that most of us type 1 diabetics have.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It definitely sounds good….I’m going to try and do a little more research, and depending on what I find out, I may have to volunteer to be the Guinea Pig.😎

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I looked into it recently, and yeah the list of benefits looked phenomenal. From what I can tell, most of the studies HED is about 3mg a week from memory, and its sold as an RC for like 100$+ at 1mg. Mcg dosing might still end up yielding benefits...or not. Im pretty sure all the actual studies done with it so far are on rats/mice. So you really would be trialling dosage.

Last edited:
gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah I found it for $90 for 10 mg, but the dosing protocols were all over the place. One was for 5mg every 5 days for health benefits all the way up to 10mg on Mon, Wed, and Friday for fitness and training. So a cost of anywhere from $270 a month all the way up to $1080 a month. Well that explains why we don’t see many people trying it out. I would rather get HGH if I was going to spend that kind of money, at least I know what to expect from it. Guess I won’t be trying any after all. There are a few peptides out there that sound great, until you see the price and this one obviously falls into that category.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I found it for $90 for 10 mg, but the dosing protocols were all over the place. One was for 5mg every 5 days for health benefits all the way up to 10mg on Mon, Wed, and Friday for fitness and training. So a cost of anywhere from $270 a month all the way up to $1080 a month. Well that explains why we don’t see many people trying it out. I would rather get HGH if I was going to spend that kind of money, at least I know what to expect from it. Guess I won’t be trying any after all. There are a few peptides out there that sound great, until you see the price and this one obviously falls into that category.
Holy crap, that is WAY out of my price range... I am with you, I would go full on HGH instead.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Holy crap, that is WAY out of my price range... I am with you, I would go full on HGH instead.
Yeah, and I know what all HGH does and how it helps, but this stuff, even though it sounds great, you’re really not sure. Just not worth the risk for that kind of money.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If you aren’t using GH, 1.5-2iu pinned 5x a week can make a big difference in sleep quality/restoration, joint comfort, recovery, muscle fullness, and fat burning. Big thing is to watch and manage glucose levels - you’re possibly going to need some Berberine a couple times per day, or Metformin.

Endri Dedja

Awards
I'm going to try it soon. I like what I've been reading about it, especially helping with dysfunctional mitochondria that most of us type 1 diabetics have.
How is it? Are they product good?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Alex Kikel just uploaded a short 15min breakdown of MOTS-c and how he has been using it with his clients. Below is a cliffs:

Some benefits:
Nutrient partitioning/glucose control
AMPK cascades
Osteogenesis
Left ventricular remodelling
Myostatin down regulator, similiar to hgh
Reduces calcification
Reduce BP and vascular tension

Kikel admits dosing is tough due to wide variety of recommendations (100mcg up to 10mg per day), but advises ED frequency.

How he doses for therapeutics vs ergogenics
So, if you are healthy (non obese) and exercise and are wanting the ergogenic type benefits (ampk cascades, nutrient part, bp, etc) then start lower end dosing and dose away from training, from 100mcg up to around 1mg -2mg. The more dysfunctional you are (neurological damage, traumatic brain injury, parkinsons, cardiac damage, etc) the higher the dose (towards 10mg per day).

To heal a dysfunction, shorter term therapy (6-8wks)
If your intended use is for it to be more of a background player (ergogenics), run for longer duration, some of his athletes have been on it for over a year.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Alex Kikel just uploaded a short 15min breakdown of MOTS-c and how he has been using it with his clients. Below is a cliffs:

Some benefits:
Nutrient partitioning/glucose control
AMPK cascades
Osteogenesis
Left ventricular remodelling
Myostatin down regulator, similiar to hgh
Reduces calcification
Reduce BP and vascular tension

Kikel admits dosing is tough due to wide variety of recommendations (100mcg up to 10mg per day), but advises ED frequency.

How he doses for therapeutics vs ergogenics
So, if you are healthy (non obese) and exercise and are wanting the ergogenic type benefits (ampk cascades, nutrient part, bp, etc) then start lower end dosing and dose away from training, from 100mcg up to around 1mg -2mg. The more dysfunctional you are (neurological damage, traumatic brain injury, parkinsons, cardiac damage, etc) the higher the dose (towards 10mg per day).

To heal a dysfunction, shorter term therapy (6-8wks)
If your intended use is for it to be more of a background player (ergogenics), run for longer duration, some of his athletes have been on it for over a year.
Has he been making podcasts again?