Epistane cycles and ketosis based diets.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone have any experience doing this? As a diabetic I have always had to run less then optimal diets to keep my A1C were I want it. (I get uptight if it goes past 5.5) In the past I have used insulin to compensate for increase calorie. I no longer want to do this if possible. I have used stronger supplements using the anabolic diet with some successes. However I would really like to keep my diet as is (would increase protein a little) and stay completely legal. but I am wondering how effective this would be.

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
are you on the anabolic diet or are you in ketosis? The AD is not ketogenic, if you are doing it properly your blood glucose should hover around 90-95 during the week. You will make better gains if you are out of ketosis and eating enough calories. But either way, Epi will certainly work with the AD or any low carb variant.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
are you on the anabolic diet or are you in ketosis? The AD is not ketogenic, if you are doing it properly your blood glucose should hover around 90-95 during the week. You will make better gains if you are out of ketosis and eating enough calories. But either way, Epi will certainly work with the AD or any low carb variant.
currently in ketosis. The AD was actually a modified version. (I used insulin with it) I think it will work I was just wondering if anyone had tried it and what people think the results would be like.

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
I would expect a nice recomp effect even in a caloric surplus. I have found in my experience that results are more diet dependent than compound dependent. That being said, I haven't used Epi on low carbs before but I am currently on a 4ad/phera-plex portion of a superdrol/4ad/phera-plex cycle and would venture to guess that your results will be similar. I'm in my 6th week of the cycle and my scale weight hasn't budged the entire time, but I have leaned out considerably and gained some size and strength. I can tell at times that I am dipping into ketosis though, which is not my goal, but has probably contributed to the much invited leaning effect I have experienced during this cycle.