EpiChaos by Apex Alchemy

doogans

doogans

Awards
  • Established
Hey all, I was given the oppurinty to try out Apex Alchemy's transdermal epicatechin product, EpiChaos.

A few quick stats:
31 years old
163lbs
5'9
Body fat % is unknown but I'd probably guess 12%

I'll be applying 10 sprays of EpiChaos each morning. I train around 5pm and I follow a semi strict diet that is high protein, moderate fat, and moderate carb.

I have had experience with epicatechin products in the past so I know what to expect. I'm looking for an increase in endurance during training sessions along with a bit more vascularity throughout the day.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sweet i'll get in on this log.

doogans

doogans

Awards
  • Established
Here are some current pictures of my starting point. FYI there I tried to choose pics without great lighting or flattering angles. I'll try to get some lower body shots up soon.
20190609_110445.jpeg
20190609_110536.jpeg

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice starting pics!

doogans

doogans

Awards
  • Established
Okay so my first application of EpiChaos was Saturday morning. I applied 10 sprays of the product to my delts and let the product air dry. It took a while to fully dry and left a shiny look yo my skin. Going forward I will be sure to rub the product in(as directions suggest) with my wrists to ensure product dries quickly. The last two days I've been applying with this method and I'm able to throw a shirt on within 10 minutes without the transdermal transfering to my shirt.

What I've noticed so far:

1. Spray bottle is great for transdermal application and I much prefer this over a pump style bottle.
2. Product smells good. Clean and fresh without smelly "girly"
3. No skin irritation so far

soxbsbll05

soxbsbll05

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
In to see how it treats you in comparison to me

doogans

doogans

Awards
  • Established
So today was my 5th application and I've had success rubbing the product in with wrists as well as using a sandwich bag to spread product out when there is excess in the clavicle area.

One weird observation that might just be coincidence. I've noticed that I'm able to breathe more deeply and effectively the past few days. Its almost as if my lung capacity has increased. Again, not sure I'd this is merely a coincidence or if the product is somehow benefiting my respiration. Anyone have thoughts on this.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
In. This has me interested, I haven’t used a transdermal since some prototype nutrition stuff years ago.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
In. This has me interested, I haven’t used a transdermal since some prototype nutrition stuff years ago.

soxbsbll05

soxbsbll05

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
So today was my 5th application and I've had success rubbing the product in with wrists as well as using a sandwich bag to spread product out when there is excess in the clavicle area.

One weird observation that might just be coincidence. I've noticed that I'm able to breathe more deeply and effectively the past few days. Its almost as if my lung capacity has increased. Again, not sure I'd this is merely a coincidence or if the product is somehow benefiting my respiration. Anyone have thoughts on this.
The oils in the TD may be opening your lungs up. Its almost like I''m rubbing Vick's on my chest/shoulders 😂

ttortman78

Awards
  • Established
I am actually using epichaos now also and yes it definitely opens your lungs up after application. In general though epicatechin whenever I use it definitely opens my breathing up more. So it may be a little bit of both(the terpenes and the epicatechin). I have been doing about 20 sprays a day split into three doses(gotta keep those level steady in the bloodstream throughout the day).

doogans

doogans

Awards
  • Established
Last nights workout was great! As per usual, I was tired during my drive to the gym but one I warmed up and started lifting my energy levels were up. My biceps were looking vascular and pumped af during my narrow grip cable rows. I take Carb 10 as a pre-workout energy source so I'm sure thar also helped fill the muscles out. I've got comments recently from fellow lifters saying it looks like I'm putting on size. The truth is, I've just been getting leaner and with a pump it actually looks like I lift. Outside of the gym, I deflate really quickly lol.

doogans

doogans

Awards
  • Established
Just a quick update. Pumps and vascularity have been great during upper body days! My physique seems to be visually improving. My diet and strength routine are all on point so it's hard to say if this is natural progression or if the EpiChaos is helping. I will say that my rest time between sets seems to be reducing without any negative impact on strength.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I will say that my rest time between sets seems to be reducing without any negative impact on strength.
Decreasing rest time between sets is my cardio;)

doogans

doogans

Awards
  • Established
Just got back from a weekend getaway with no training for the past couple of days. I've been applying EpiChaos still. My diet went a bit off the rails and I consumed some food I normally wouldn't touch. However, it felt good to indulge for a change and I'm back on track for the work week.

doogans

doogans

Awards
  • Established
The pumps have been INSANE lately. Getting some amazing vascularity during my upper body days. Today is my leg day but I've been dealing with some weird knee pain for the past few weeks. I just started taking collagen peptides and I'm going to take it easy on the leg pressing

doogans

doogans

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone had any experience supplementing with Collagen Peptides? I recently started taking them and my knee has felt better than it has in months! I haven't changed much else but the pain I was feeling is almost completely gone. Coincidence? Possibly, but being able to wake up and walk around without pain feels good man

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Has anyone had any experience supplementing with Collagen Peptides? I recently started taking them and my knee has felt better than it has in months! I haven't changed much else but the pain I was feeling is almost completely gone. Coincidence? Possibly, but being able to wake up and walk around without pain feels good man
I have used collagen peptides, and confirm it does help!

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yes I find they have helped myself as well. What kind do you currently take?

doogans

doogans

Awards
  • Established
Yes I find they have helped myself as well. What kind do you currently take?
Purely Inspired Collagen Peptides. They were the cheapest option I could find and I figure I'd rather roll the dice on those than something costing 3 times as much

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Purely Inspired Collagen Peptides. They were the cheapest option I could find and I figure I'd rather roll the dice on those than something costing 3 times as much
Honestly you don’t need to spend a ton so that’s pretty cool. That is type 1 and 3 you could check out some type 2 collagen as well (also super cheap and is super low dose so usually one tiny pill a day).

doogans

doogans

Awards
  • Established
So if my calculations are right, today was day 27 and I still have about half a bottle left. On my off days I've only been applying 6 pumps to conserve the product. With vacations, parties, and summer festivities all occurring...I have definitely loosened up on the low-carb focus I was planning on. However, my lifts are continuously improving and I'm able to hit PRs on a regular basis. Since I log my workouts I can see definitive proof of strength increases and it feels good. My endurance is improving as well and I find myself adding extra sets to exercises just because I feel like I have a lot more in the tank. This seems to be on par with what I remember from other Epicatechin products.

doogans

doogans

Awards
  • Established
Everything is still going good with my workouts. I'm surprised how long this bottle of EpiChaos is lasting me. Perhaps I need to apply more product but I feel like I'm getting good coverage with my current dosage. Also, vascularity and pumps have been only getting better as the weeks roll on. I still do enjoy the scent and aroma of this topical. Unlike other topical products I have used, this one does NOT cause any skin discomfort or rash.

doogans

doogans

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for the lack of updates. I've got some medical stuff going on so things have been a little hectic. I'm just about wrapped up on this run (i was running 1/2 dose of this product the past few weeks. Will post my final review tomorrow

doogans

doogans

Awards
  • Established
So all in all, this run of EpiChaos was about what I'd expect from a transdermal epicatechin product. My endurance seemed to increase and vascularity became more pronounced throughout my run of the product. Here is a final picture of my current condition. The lighthing and location is different from the first pics but I feel like I've learned out a tiny bit.
20190718_093200.jpeg

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So all in all, this run of EpiChaos was about what I'd expect from a transdermal epicatechin product. My endurance seemed to increase and vascularity became more pronounced throughout my run of the product. Here is a final picture of my current condition. The lighthing and location is different from the first pics but I feel like I've learned out a tiny bit.View attachment 185552
Nice! Not bad for a month or so, eh?