egg whites: how many protein grams per large?

massmonster

Awards
  • Established
Fitday: 3.47g
Calorieking: 3.6
Egg carton: 6g

I'd like to believe the carton but do not. What does everyone else that consumes egg whites count them as in their daily diet? How many g's of P that is...

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
is the egg carton a only egg white bottle or is it the whole egg carton with yolks?

My guess is the egg carton has a larger serving size than the one inputed in fitday or calorie king

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Best way to measure it is to crack the whites into a measuring cup. 1 cup=24g. It'll probably take 5-6 eggs to get this.

massmonster

Awards
  • Established
Ya, thats what I had been doing. 7 large/cup. I guess 1cup=24g=Fitday

massmonster

Awards
  • Established
is the egg carton a only egg white bottle or is it the whole egg carton with yolks?

My guess is the egg carton has a larger serving size than the one inputed in fitday or calorie king
You are right! The protein I'm missing is in the yolk. I never looked at the macros of an egg yolk. Its ~2/3fat, 1/3protein. I always too an egg to be mostly fat in the yolk since the white is fat free.

You can never learn too much about fine tuning your nutrition.

TenMan

TenMan

Awards
I have always counted the white as 6g of protein... hmm... crap is all I can say... back to the kitchen.

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Yeah it's 6g of protein for the WHOLE egg. About 3.5g in the white, 2.5g in the yolk.