Unanswered Ecdysterone-Anabolic effect of ecdysterone strong enough to put it on the doping list

Par Deus

Par Deus

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
For further discussion:
That is interesting as hell. Corticosterone to cortisol goes wrong in VAT and to a lesser extent other tissues (the whole 11bHSD1/2 stuff i talked about with Ab-Solved, way back when), to protect the mineralocorticoid receptor.

I need to check this paper out.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That is interesting as hell. Corticosterone to cortisol goes wrong in VAT and to a lesser extent other tissues (the whole 11bHSD1/2 stuff i talked about with Ab-Solved, way back when), to protect the mineralocorticoid receptor.

I need to check this paper out.
Yes, please do. If this is a real risk with ecdysterone I’d like to know because at this point, I really do plan on it running it 8-12 weeks on followed by 2-3 weeks off forever.
I feel great on it.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The majority, according to what you posted, is excreted as deoxyecdysone. I'm not sure how this is proof it's not entering muscle tissue.
The study I posted showed that it is excreted in much higher levels as Ecdysterone than Deoxyecdysone (I have only had time to skim these...I may be misinterpreting so if I am, I will concede).

Looks like the hydroxyl group at C22 is conjugated pretty easily and that conjugate is excreted.

So, it is a solubility issue but not of Ecdy itself but rather of it's metabolite. Since these conjugations tend to happen in 1st pass I stand by our earlier conclusion of poor oral bioavailability.

With this in mind it makes sense that other conditions in the gut could effect absorption, ie empty stomach vs taking it with a fatty meal, etc.
If this was a first pass (or any) conjugation issue, higher doses would eventually exhaust this mechanism and the study at hand contradicts this - the high dose group didn't do as well as the lower dose group.

It was less than 1% of the original ecdy excreted un-metabolized, so it should be lipophilic enough to pass a cell wall before being conjugated. Just too much is getting conjugated before it gets that chance. This makes sense based on the myotube studies as well.

Maybe I'll make a small batch of TD.
Again, if it were just conjugation - high dose and/or chronic administration would show better results, and this does not appear to be the case?

480-ish. That isn't an issue.

LogP = - .5 or so -- so polar, but not problematically so for cellular uptake.

Not ideal for transdermal at all, but not overwhelmingly so. But, it could get expensive, especially if it is being metabolized, heavily, in tissues other than the liver.
Powercage seems to be indicating that the metabolism is maybe in the blood itself, or at some other point? It just does not get into the muscles...but I'm not sure if that is an issue either. I mean, we're dealing with an insect signaling hormone here...it may be a cascade more than a direct effect.

For further discussion:
Ecdysone does not appear to be the same chemical - but is extremely similar and the second study I posted does seem to indicate some ecdysterone gets metabolized into ecdysone.

Yes, please do. If this is a real risk with ecdysterone I’d like to know because at this point, I really do plan on it running it 8-12 weeks on followed by 2-3 weeks off forever.
I feel great on it.
Again, if bioavailability is an issue because of conjugation - long-term use may be a way to overcome the issue. THIS may be a factor in why some people respond better than others - they can afford a relatively expensive ingredient for a longer run at a higher dose. It may be that by weeks 4-6 you are starting to exhaust the machinery needed to conjugate this compound, and some people may hit that point in 2 weeks or something.

Still - the conjugation theory, in my mind and I could be wrong, seems to be contradicted in the study, because the higher dose group didn't do any better - whatever bio availability issues there are, a higher dose should still yield more getting through in most cases.

DaeshDontSurf

DaeshDontSurf

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
this "study" so, so bad. from memory (there is also good reddit thread on it with very good info):

1. they use commercial product but not test capsules until all said done.
2. when test at end, capsules not meet label claim and they also contain -leucine-.
3. they use bio electric impedance - you know, the thing that say you 20%bf at 7AM, 11% at noon, and 15% at bed, lol
4. placebo group -lost- muscle (i'm sure - see bia above, lol) doing exact same as lifting.
5. low dose (must have been really low with label claim lying, lol) outperform high dose in more than one area.

so, so, so, so bad - i really wonder if wada just want to ban it and pay for confirmation - wasn't caffeine on their list at one point? lol