Dropping weight while retaining strength

ktw

Awards
  • Established
Just asking in this forum since I'm worried about dropping strengt. Any reccomendations for a program to use for this goal? I will be on the NHA stack and a variety of compounds including Albuterol and will be carb cycling 2 high, 2 moderate and 3 low. I was thinking either:
3x a week 5x5 and change it from 3 low to 2 low and adding another high day.
Thib's "Hs100" thing- This is more because I can still lift heavy and do some iso stuff for shaping work.
DoggCrapp- I do not respond well to failure though so I will have to modify this program
3 day WSB program- ME Upper and ME/DE Lower
anyone else got any suggestions, maybe variations of what I have listed. I still want something where I can lift in the functional range (4 to 6 reps) at least, and work higher the rest of the time to do that shaping b/s and to not overwork myself.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Well, my personal problem was with lowered carbs. Just didn't have the instant fuel I had before. that and the weight loss combined and I couldn't find a way to fight it. If you get an answer though i'll be putting to the test :)

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
it's very possible. my recomendation to you would be if you know how to do the westside stuff do that. otherwise do a very simple routine. the 5x5 stuff really doesnt produce strength gains. i've heard from a couple guys that all you do is overtrain yourself. and as for carbs, just cut them off at 6(unless you workout after 6), eat clean, and get most of your carbs right before you workout, pwo shake, and pwo meal

ktw

Awards
  • Established
I'll be getting off at 5ish so I intend to go train right after so cutting carbs later will be sorta tough. I was thinking of doing a WSB program like skinny bastards but doing 5rm lifts instead of 1rm lifts because I seem to overtrain constantly hitting maxes.

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'll be getting off at 5ish so I intend to go train right after so cutting carbs later will be sorta tough. I was thinking of doing a WSB program like skinny bastards but doing 5rm lifts instead of 1rm lifts because I seem to overtrain constantly hitting maxes.

just cut them off on non workout days

and not to sound like an ass here, but the #1 complaint i hear from wpo caliber powerlifters is that they dont make programs for people because people change them around. routines are made with everything relying on everything else, kind of like a web, everything is the way it is for a reason. so my advice to you would be dont change it. changing something will most likely make it less effective. westside can be very confusing. and the only way you can really accomplish it the way it is suppose to be is if you have someone making a routine up for you or you train with guys who have been doing it for a long time. if you want to go do it though more power to you. and if you need a simple routine that works, just let me know and i'll hook you up with one.

ktw

Awards
  • Established
the wsb for skinny bastards program calls for a 3 to 5rm, so I'm not really changing it, but i understand your point. I could make a 4 day a week Westside Template, but I think it's probably too complicated for someone at my level to do at this point in the game. Basically I would still like to go heavy on my main lifts.