Drop-Off in Strength on cycle

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I’m currently running a cycle. It took about 6 weeks for the injectables to quick in. But then I noticed that today and yesterday, my strength actually decreased. Like the pump were so good I had to lower the weight to get the target reps. Obviously now that the good are kicking in I’ll get stronger.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
How often are you training? Are you doing a ridiculous amount of volume? Also are you taking ai on cycle? If yes are you sure you’re not taking too much?

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I train 6x/week (chest, arms, legs, shoulders, back, legs again).

Decent amount of volume per session, definitely not under eating (can barely get more food down without puking).

I have insomnia so lack of sleep would be in there

Arimidex 1mg every other day.

I mean my strength was increasing tremendously while I used a superdrol kick starter. But I dropped that a few days ago.

It’s not that they are bad workouts per se. actually they are really good workouts. I just find getting that it’s such a good pump that I can’t hit the target reps every set.

I take taurine 2.5grams, going to add in some potassium. Magnesium and zinc. And definitely make sure I’m well hydrated.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just like the glycogen and all that other good sh1t, the dramatic acute strength gainz whilst taking superdrol tend to be transitory. Depending on what else youre taking, or doing, it's normal for strength to drop back a bit after you stop taking certain drugs.

There could well be other stuff at play here, but I mean, you've stopped taking a drug. It should be obvious that some of its benefits will also stop too.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
As far as pumps go...when i started 500 test 2 weeks in when crazy pumps started i found myself initially doing less reps than before as i simply couldnt due to the massive pumps i would get.

Chinups, biceps would swell so much, it was impossible to do 10+ reps.

And i never noticed crazy strength gains in back or leg exercises. Only in chest and shoulders.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I think it's way too much Arimidex, try 0.5 mg EOD. Arimidex drys you out, and you want to have that little bit of water in you bc of glycogen and strength.
Oh i totally overlooked that part. 1mg eod geez man thats a horrendous dose. I would try without an AI 1st and introduce if nipple issues arise.

Yeah for sure too much ai makes you feel like sh1t and will wreck your gains.

I mostly fuked up my 1st cycle due to the AI.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
1mg arimidex oed.. how did you end up doing this bro? Most guys would need such a dose on like 3grams of test a week Lol. Take .50 twice a week or EOD and see from there. Don’t look further this is your problem. Also you have to realise strength won’t keep increasing every single weeks on cycle. You’ll hit a wall couple weeks in and that’s normal. Also doing too much volume won’t help your cause. Some people doing 20+ sets per muscle and they wonder why they don’t grow lol. Less volume and more intensity

4gotlogin

Awards
You stopped the superdrol..obviously thats the reason. The strong DS/PHs like superdrol give noticeably more strength gains than straight test.

benjamfzb

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
For me on a 12 week cycle i always hit my PRs on week 5 to 8 when im not taking orals and almost cruising. Roid brain fogginess is not good for my strenght. Last cycle i got my best prs first week of pct now that i remember as i type this....

Better gains =/= more strenght? For me anyway. Thats why i focus on upping volume at same weight....

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
For me on a 12 week cycle i always hit my PRs on week 5 to 8 when im not taking orals and almost cruising. Roid brain fogginess is not good for my strenght. Last cycle i got my best prs first week of pct now that i remember as i type this....

Better gains =/= more strenght? For me anyway. Thats why i focus on upping volume at same weight....
It’s true that gains doesn’t = more strength if you don’t train for it but usually progressive overload and becoming stronger(upping weights for same amount of reps) always = gains.

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As far as pumps go...when i started 500 test 2 weeks in when crazy pumps started i found myself initially doing less reps than before as i simply couldnt due to the massive pumps i would get.

Chinups, biceps would swell so much, it was impossible to do 10+ reps.

And i never noticed crazy strength gains in back or leg exercises. Only in chest and shoulders.
Hmm...yeah that definitely highlights my cycle. Except I get good results in my shoulders and legs.

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just like the glycogen and all that other good sh1t, the dramatic acute strength gainz whilst taking superdrol tend to be transitory. Depending on what else youre taking, or doing, it's normal for strength to drop back a bit after you stop taking certain drugs.

There could well be other stuff at play here, but I mean, you've stopped taking a drug. It should be obvious that some of its benefits will also stop too.
Yeah it could really be that simple!

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think it's way too much Arimidex, try 0.5 mg EOD. Arimidex drys you out, and you want to have that little bit of water in you bc of glycogen and strength.
I tried taking less arimidex but got a flare up of gyno. So 1/2mg eod does is controlling it so far.

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
1mg arimidex oed.. how did you end up doing this bro? Most guys would need such a dose on like 3grams of test a week Lol. Take .50 twice a week or EOD and see from there. Don’t look further this is your problem. Also you have to realise strength won’t keep increasing every single weeks on cycle. You’ll hit a wall couple weeks in and that’s normal. Also doing too much volume won’t help your cause. Some people doing 20+ sets per muscle and they wonder why they don’t grow lol. Less volume and more intensity
I did start with 1/2mg x3/days but got a flare up of gyno, switched to every other day and I’m good to go with that gyno.

Can an AI really kill my gains that drastically?

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah plus estrogen is actually such an important and necessary tool for muscle growth... controlling it too much and keeping it low will absolutely stunt muscle growth.
I knew it was important for muscle anabolism but you have to have the right balance E.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I knew it was important for muscle anabolism but you have to have the right balance E.
I don’t think we are saying the same thing. You’ll grow much more with estrogen a few points out of range than you will with estrogen middle range.

Last edited:

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I believe I comprehend what you are saying! Just a touch of extra estrogen > low estrogen (for muscle growth)

??