Drinking and muscle growth

Suryaksh

Awards
Any ever tried quitting drinking and what kind of muscle growth was experienced....just wanted to know someone's experience

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Any ever tried quitting drinking and what kind of muscle growth was experienced....just wanted to know someone's experience
I quit drinking a little over 4 years ago and put on a solid 10-12lbs naturally before getting on testosterone and then probably 20 more. Various bulks and cuts over 3.5-4 years

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Drinking kills gains. It’s night and day without it.
Ya, I think if someone is a 1 night a week or less drinker it probably wouldn't make a difference, but if yiur getting drunk multiple times a week especially if your natural because every time you drink you drop your testosterone significantly for a few days, Do that twice a week and you basically have low testosterone and all the time. And alcohol screws with insulin sensitivity so your storing more fat too.

NattyDaddy420

NattyDaddy420

Awards
Depends on your goals.

Do you want to look a lil better than the average American? You can look good and still drink semi often.

Do you want to be super shredded, be massive, and otherwise extremely impressive? I wouldn't drink a single drop.

Plus the negative mental health caused by booze, the liver toxicity, and poor quality sleep are even more reasons not to drink.

Suryaksh

Awards
I quit drinking a little over 4 years ago and put on a solid 10-12lbs naturally before getting on testosterone and then probably 20 more. Various bulks and cuts over 3.5-4 years
Thank you very much for sharing your experience now my decision of leaving alcohol is final

Suryaksh

Awards
Depends on your goals.

Do you want to look a lil better than the average American? You can look good and still drink semi often.

Do you want to be super shredded, be massive, and otherwise extremely impressive? I wouldn't drink a single drop.

Plus the negative mental health caused by booze, the liver toxicity, and poor quality sleep are even more reasons not to drink.
Thank you for your reply

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Too many estrogens and other bullshitt in todays world, to add alcohol on top of it….

Localaxis

Localaxis

Awards
Let's be real, are you training for Mr. Olympia or to look good? If you're training for the looks, you should be having some fun. You can go out once a week and drink a reasonable amount and be fine, just don't get obliterated.

Suryaksh

Awards
Let's be real, are you training for Mr. Olympia or to look good? If you're training for the looks, you should be having some fun. You can go out once a week and drink a reasonable amount and be fine, just don't get obliterated.
Problem is once I get taste of it there's no stopping then 🤣😂 and as smont shared his experience quitting won't hurt

Localaxis

Localaxis

Awards
Problem is once I get taste of it there's no stopping then 🤣😂 and as smont shared his experience quitting won't hurt
Do you admit you have a drinking problem?
I love the taste too, don't get me wrong. Looking in the mirror helps me stop, as soon as I see loss in gains :LOL:

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
That was me until eventually it turned into a daily thing and eventually I just had enough. Sounds like you have a similar issue. IL tell you another thing, within 6 months of quitting drinking I paid off all my debt and took my kids on a Disney vacation. Everything you do becomes 1/3 of the price without drinking involved. Especially going out to eat or going away for a few days. Dinner bills went from $300 to $100 over night and credit card bills disappeared. I'm not against drinking if you can drink once a week or less or if your a 1 beer after work kinda guy. But if you find yourself getting smashed every time you drink yiur life will get better from stopping

Suryaksh

Awards
Do you admit you have a drinking problem?
I love the taste too, don't get me wrong. Looking in the mirror helps me stop, as soon as I see loss in gains :LOL:
Not reached to drinking problem yet but when I drink I can't stop at a beer it has to be bottle and yes I am also seeing loss in gains hence I am asking more experience guys

Localaxis

Localaxis

Awards
Not reached to drinking problem yet but when I drink I can't stop at a beer it has to be bottle and yes I am also seeing loss in gains hence I am asking more experience guys
@Smont Did tell what you needed to hear. Although if you do not have children
or family you can at least do it for yourself. It's hard to do it especially if you are alone.
However, to answer your question, it is highly probable that substantial muscle gains can be achieved, and not only that, reducing or discontinuing alcohol consumption does not necessarily require immediate cessation. Instead, consider gradually decreasing your intake and experimenting with a modest consumption of 2-3 beers per week.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
@Smont Did tell what you needed to hear. Although if you do not have children
or family you can at least do it for yourself. It's hard to do it especially if you are alone.
However, to answer your question, it is highly probable that substantial muscle gains can be achieved, and not only that, reducing or discontinuing alcohol consumption does not necessarily require immediate cessation. Instead, consider gradually decreasing your intake and experimenting with a modest consumption of 2-3 beers per week.
If you have a legit drinking problem you won't be able to reduce your consumption gradually, trust me

Suryaksh

Awards
If you have a legit drinking problem you won't be able to reduce your consumption gradually, trust me
I agree with you whenever I decide to drink only couple of pegs I end up finishing bottle... hence I decided to quit completely....and money saving has given me added benefit

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I agree with you whenever I decide to drink only couple of pegs I end up finishing bottle... hence I decided to quit completely....and money saving has given me added benefit
Good for you. I am a recovered alcholic who lifted and tryed to make gains while getting loaded one to more times a week for decades. Without alcohol and drugs (7 years), my life is a million times better in all areas. There is absolutely no comparison and no negotiating keep some drinking / drugs in my life.