Don't call it PIP

Markum1

Markum1

Awards
So I've been on trt for years now and recently I've had sensitivity in both my glutes where I pin. It's not red its not visible its not hot its not painful all the time.

it's like a localized concentrated bruise thats irritated when sit a certain way but you can't see anything.

both pin sites are kind of hard. is it irritated scar tissue? is it the new source I used that has bad test? the first 10ml from them no problems. this last 10ml all good except the last 2 pins have left me struggling to sit comfortably.

also, my work has me seated for 8-10 hours a day.

thought? I appreciate any input. thanks

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
might be the oil they used. if it clears up in a couple days thats likely the difference

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
If it was only the last 2 pins there's definitely a possibility that you just wiggled the pin around too much. There's also a possibility that somehow the vial wasn't air tight and it's no longer sterile, maybe scar tissue but idk bout that. If you stick a needle in the scar tissue you can tell it's kind of crunchy going in.

I wouldn't say the carrier oil is the problem because you did the first 10 weeks or whatever with no problems so you can rule that out.

Do you inject anywhere besides glutes? If you do you could try another location and see if it happens there as well but if it's a brand new location you've never used before that's not going to be a good way to judge it because it's going to hurt anyways.

There's a million variables that could be causing the problem. Seeing how it just started happening I would chalk it up to two screwed up shots and wait till next time and see what happens.

99% of the time all of my pins are 100% pain-free but every once in a blue moon I find a spot starts to hurt for two or three times in a row and then I go away from that area and then when I come back to it it's fine again it's just coincidence I guess

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm a little confused myself it sounded like he already used 10 mL of the new oil and it was fine

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
yea.. maybe he can clarify... if it not new oil, i agree with u

Markum1

Markum1

Awards
sorry, to clarify I tried a new source I got two 10ml test cyp 200 per ml. the first 10ml like butter. the next 10ml was all good until the last 2 pins. pining once a week rotating glutes.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
sounds to me almost like it went subq. I saw vigarous Steve talk about how sometimes it can leak out of the muscle into subq. I forget what he called it. seapage?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
sounds to me almost like it went subq. I saw vigarous Steve talk about how sometimes it can leak out of the muscle into subq. I forget what he called it. seapage?
I've done plenty of sub q in the glute and there is zero pain

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Your doctor gave you a new source of test for TRT? or are you running gear on your own and calling it TRT? Just curious.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Your doctor gave you a new source of test for TRT? or are you running gear on your own and calling it TRT? Just curious.
Trt is using testosterone to replace your own testosterone with a level within the natural range. Weather or not your Dr. Prescribed it dosent make it trt or not trt. There are dr.s also handing out scripts for 250-300mg a week, that is prescribed by a doctor but it will put you well outside the natural range and is not trt

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I understand all that. That's basically what I was asking. Is if he was running his own TRT. I thought maybe when he got his prescribed Testosterone that it came from a different lab than what he had been getting.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I understand all that. That's basically what I was asking. Is if he was running his own TRT. I thought maybe when he got his prescribed Testosterone that it came from a different lab than what he had been getting.
If I had to guess hes buying his testosterone black market, I could be wrong but that's what it sounds like. I know a lot of guys that get there prescription and purchases there excess from a UGL. Weather it be because they want extra for cycles or there insurance won't cover it or loss of insurance ect.

Definitely a good question though because I didn't even think about that myself, if it's from a pharmacy it's highly unlikely that it's not sterile

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I think its highly unlikely that its unsterile as well if it came from a pharmacy. I was just curious as my brother told me awhile back (he's on TRT) that his pharmacy changed up their source of test to a different lab (I don't recall the name) but he had a couple of small issues around that time and he was trying to figure if it was something that was related to his new bottle of test. I'm not educated about gear enough to know which oils are used, if all labs use the same type/brand of oil etc. I am just curious about all things supplemental and related to gear/test as I am contemplating TRT myself.

Goggled101

Goggled101

Awards
Is it possible to change you injection site for a while? My wife does my trt in my glutes usually but I will occasionally do my quads instead.

Also my doctor had me using a shorter needle and that's helped and it hasnt made my numbers go down either. I only use a 1 inch needle and that's made a world of difference.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Is it possible to change you injection site for a while? My wife does my trt in my glutes usually but I will occasionally do my quads instead.

Also my doctor had me using a shorter needle and that's helped and it hasnt made my numbers go down either. I only use a 1 inch needle and that's made a world of difference.
I think you should rotate between spots to avoid scar tissue, I pin glutes, delts and my chest. I don't recommend chest unless your very lean. I use a 1 to 1.5 for glutes, a 1/2-1 for delts and a 1/2in slin pin for chest.