DoggCrapp overtraining while on a PH cycle?

mountainboy

Awards
I just started a ph cycle, as well as DoggCrapp training, my question is, on my 'off days' I would like to work on my delts 3x8 laterals, rear laterals, front raises, lat rows, and then light work to strengthen the joints/tendons. Will I run a high chance of overtraining if I do this on all my off days? (I am not sure which topic to post this under)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Overtraining takes more than a couple workouts, so it sort of depends. You do run the risk, but you can always stop doing it if you notice soreness all the time. I'd probably suggest doing the DC for 2-3 weeks solo first, then work the extras in and see how it feels.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
There is a DC routine which is 4 days as opposed to three, but the frequency is very purposeful insofar as rest being a key component to the program's success. I think you'd be counterbalancing its successful aspects by doing that. JMO.

mountainboy

Awards
Overtraining takes more than a couple workouts, so it sort of depends. You do run the risk, but you can always stop doing it if you notice soreness all the time. I'd probably suggest doing the DC for 2-3 weeks solo first, then work the extras in and see how it feels.
OK,since I started DC on Monday, and the PH on Tue. my arms were killer sore until this morning (mainly my tri's) no other soreness though, and I actually did wokrout my shoulders last night- no soreness to report. As long as I don't have constant soreness in my shoulders, is it ok? I just want to get the most out of my cycle.

mountainboy

Awards
There is a DC routine which is 4 days as opposed to three, but the frequency is very purposeful insofar as rest being a key component to the program's success. I think you'd be counterbalancing its successful aspects by doing that. JMO.
As it stands right now, I am doing 3x/wk, I am considering 4x/wk though, just while I am on my cycle, to maximize gains.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I see that. My comment was geared towards the relative frequency of each muscle group. The 4 day routine is a Mon Tues/Thurs Fri schedule, keeping the same muscle groups lumped together.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
OK,since I started DC on Monday, and the PH on Tue. my arms were killer sore until this morning (mainly my tri's) no other soreness though, and I actually did wokrout my shoulders last night- no soreness to report. As long as I don't have constant soreness in my shoulders, is it ok? I just want to get the most out of my cycle.
soreness is just one measure, but its worth a shot :) Which PH ?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmm so high strength gains, and fairly dry mass gains. I'd watch closely, as it will be easier to overdo it with the strength gains. If you were doing pheraplex or revolt/max lmg/xmass, it would be a little different.

mountainboy

Awards
I see that. My comment was geared towards the relative frequency of each muscle group. The 4 day routine is a Mon Tues/Thurs Fri schedule, keeping the same muscle groups lumped together.
As is obvious, I really want to add size to my delts (muscle there is pretty much non existent) and I'm not sure arnold press and military press will maximize the results.

mountainboy

Awards
Hmm so high strength gains, and fairly dry mass gains. I'd watch closely, as it will be easier to overdo it with the strength gains. If you were doing pheraplex or revolt/max lmg/xmass, it would be a little different.
? can you elaborate on the part about overdoing it on strength gains?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh I just mean that with rapid strength gains comes easier ability to overwhelm your tendons. So if your lat rows are going up by 10-20lbs a week, its just that much easier to overstretch a tendon. On the wetter compounds like pheraplex and the others I mentioned, its less strength and more mass gained, so less likely to happen. Epi is in the middle, towards the dry side, but decent strength gains too

mountainboy

Awards
Oh I just mean that with rapid strength gains comes easier ability to overwhelm your tendons. So if your lat rows are going up by 10-20lbs a week, its just that much easier to overstretch a tendon. On the wetter compounds like pheraplex and the others I mentioned, its less strength and more mass gained, so less likely to happen. Epi is in the middle, towards the dry side, but decent strength gains too
O OK, thanks for the tip, I've already got quite a bit of size, but I need the strength- I will be watching to make sure my tendons can keep up with my muscles.

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
humm this has me thinking i have a 6day split DC training posted in the everything and anything DC thread

ive been doing something like M W F 2 days off weekend

mountainboy

Awards
humm this has me thinking i have a 6day split DC training posted in the everything and anything DC thread

ive been doing something like M W F 2 days off weekend
Thats what I just started this week, but I'm pretty sure now that next week I will go to 4x/wk

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
As is obvious, I really want to add size to my delts (muscle there is pretty much non existent) and I'm not sure arnold press and military press will maximize the results.
I realize this, but you're not focusing on the secondary work your shoulders are receiving, which is my point on overtraining as well. With the frequency of pressing moments, and what I am trying to stress, is that you do not necessarily need to hit your shoulders with extra work. If you were to go MON TUES/THURS FRI, you'd be doing chest and shoulders both twice a week, while not throwing in oddly placed exercises. I.e., receive the restful benefits of DC and still hit your shoulders more.

:thumbsup:

mountainboy

Awards
I realize this, but you're not focusing on the secondary work your shoulders are receiving, which is my point on overtraining as well. With the frequency of pressing moments, and what I am trying to stress, is that you do not necessarily need to hit your shoulders with extra work. If you were to go MON TUES/THURS FRI, you'd be doing chest and shoulders both twice a week, while not throwing in oddly placed exercises. I.e., receive the restful benefits of DC and still hit your shoulders more.

:thumbsup:
Got it, that takes care of my question then, DC M/T/TH/F rest W/S/S. Thankyou

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
Got it, that takes care of my question then, DC M/T/TH/F rest W/S/S. Thankyou
im usually pretty sore from DC training and if your not ur not doing it right.

3days off a week with 4 workout days just sounds really ruff on the body. im used to doing sports 6days a week trust me 3days DC is enuff for me even though im so bored on nonworkout days

mountainboy

Awards
im usually pretty sore from DC training and if your not ur not doing it right.

3days off a week with 4 workout days just sounds really ruff on the body. im used to doing sports 6days a week trust me 3days DC is enuff for me even though im so bored on nonworkout days
Tonight will be day 3 for my workouts this week, like i said, I was sore from monday's workout until this morning, and as far as wednesdays workout I was only a little sore thursday morning (which I attribute to the PH becuase leg day usually kills me for days), I think my body will be OK with 4 days/wk, but only while I am on a PH cycle.