Does anyone regularly check Vit D and DHEA when getting labs?

LaserGoPewPew

LaserGoPewPew

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Doc has advised doing this ... i am pretty sure we have never pulled these two before

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I don't know about here, but Vigorous Steve is big on monitoring DHEA and supplementing it (plus pregnenolone) for "optimizing cognitive function when on TRT".

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I've checked Vit-d and it's typically pretty low twords the end of a cycle, much lower then pre cycle. If your not spending a shitload of time outside I would supplement d3 on cycle at a fairly good dose like 5000-10,000 iu daily. Without more bloodwork tho you don't really know how much you needd

It was years ago but I do know that back when I did that I bought a supplement containing 10,000 iu per dose and took that on every training day so like 5 days a week I'd it raised the levels

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i go thru the VA. they don't do much as far as hormonal, just total test.... dhea doesn't get checked but vitamin D is on the list of things checked every blood draw.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My dr does. If you research vitamin D3 deficiency in the US, you’ll see good dr’s saying most of the country is deficient and that there’s no such thing as cold and flu season. It’s low vitamin D3.

fitwitlit

fitwitlit

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Doc has advised doing this ... i am pretty sure we have never pulled these two before
I would have a baseline level checked for reference and only pull again if symptomatic such as low energy,libido, ED. DHEA signals many hormonal pathways and mindfulness of its levels are probably more warranted when on TRT vs natty. Vitamin D you can also have a starting reference point, but not necessitated if asymptomatic and taking supplemental d3 5-10k ius/daily.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
My dr does. If you research vitamin D3 deficiency in the US, you’ll see good dr’s saying most of the country is deficient and that there’s no such thing as cold and flu season. It’s low vitamin D3.
i rarely miss taking my daily 5,000 iu of vit d.....it put me over the range last blood draw but i was working outdoors then and have since retired--curious how much difference it will make since i spend less time outdoors--probably still spend more time outdoors than average person though.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I always have them checked but that’s just the doctor I have. Always a little low when I’m not taking D.

LaserGoPewPew

LaserGoPewPew

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would have a baseline level checked for reference and only pull again if symptomatic such as low energy,libido, ED. DHEA signals many hormonal pathways and mindfulness of its levels are probably more warranted when on TRT vs natty. Vitamin D you can also have a starting reference point, but not necessitated if asymptomatic and taking supplemental d3 5-10k ius/daily.
good to know

LaserGoPewPew

LaserGoPewPew

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't know about here, but Vigorous Steve is big on monitoring DHEA and supplementing it (plus pregnenolone) for "optimizing cognitive function when on TRT".
whats pregnenalone's role in all of this?

LaserGoPewPew

LaserGoPewPew

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i rarely miss taking my daily 5,000 iu of vit d.....it put me over the range last blood draw but i was working outdoors then and have since retired--curious how much difference it will make since i spend less time outdoors--probably still spend more time outdoors than average person though.
i am going to do a better job of taking Vit D once i get the results. when i first began TRT i was using that regularly but got out of the habit

i added Neuro AET a couple weeks ago to see if it helps w sleep ... have you tried this?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i am going to do a better job of taking Vit D once i get the results. when i first began TRT i was using that regularly but got out of the habit

i added Neuro AET a couple weeks ago to see if it helps w sleep ... have you tried this?
neuro AET is virtually same as invictus, personally i get a lot of benefits from it and although many report better sleep, unfortunately for me i don't really see much difference...i should add that i have had issues falling asleep for most of my life and most things that help fall under prescription.

let us know how it works out for you, it is a great supp with numerous benefits.

LaserGoPewPew

LaserGoPewPew

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
neuro AET is virtually same as invictus, personally i get a lot of benefits from it and although many report better sleep, unfortunately for me i don't really see much difference...i should add that i have had issues falling asleep for most of my life and most things that help fall under prescription.

let us know how it works out for you, it is a great supp with numerous benefits.
where and what dose are you using