Do you like combat sports? Then you might be a white supremacist

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
According to this author....
source: https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/msnbc-opinion/pandemic-fitness-trends-have-gone-extreme-literally-n1292463

It appears the far right has taken advantage of pandemic at-home fitness trends to expand its decade-plus radicalization of physical mixed martial arts (MMA) and combat sports spaces.
Earlier this month, researchers reported that a network of online “fascist fitness” chat groups on the encrypted platform Telegram are recruiting and radicalizing young men with neo-Nazi and white supremacist extremist ideologies. Initially lured with health tips and strategies for positive physical changes, new recruits are later invited to closed chat groups where far-right content is shared.

The intersection of extremism and fitness leans into a shared obsession with the male body, training, masculinity, testosterone, strength and competition. Physical fitness training, especially in combat sports, appeals to the far right for many reasons: fighters are trained to accept significant physical pain, to be “warriors,” and to embrace messaging around solidarity, heroism, and brotherhood.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
This is pure rediculous lol.

If your black and you like MMA are you still a white supremacist? How bout Chinese?

Screenshot_20220324-084641~2.png

Dietz1873

Dietz1873

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I broke both lungs laughing when I read this.“Initially lured with health tips and strategies for positive physical changes, new recruits are later invited to closed chat groups where far-right content is shared.”.
oh man that’s good

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I didn't actually read the post, just the title, I get it now😶

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Plot twist, Clayton Bigsby is behind the “closed door” internet chats whilst using his braille keyboard.

IMG_8291.JPG

Ironpirate

Ironpirate

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This is pure rediculous lol.

If your black and you like MMA are you still a white supremacist? How bout Chinese?

View attachment 214259
It's not as ridiculous as you think, I'm from Mississippi and I have known several Hispanic and African klansman. My last name is one of the most common Hispanic names and the all treated me like family though I don't share all of their same beliefs.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It's not as ridiculous as you think, I'm from Mississippi and I have known several Hispanic and African klansman. My last name is one of the most common Hispanic names and the all treated me like family though I don't share all of their same beliefs.
my wifes mother was full blooded cherokee[RIP]...it's amazing how many hispanics come up to my wife speaking spanish and are insulted when she tells them she doesn't speak spanish...her grandmother did try to teach my wife some native language but she isn't fluent.

Last edited: