Do you guys use a regular doc for TRT or a TRT clinic?

Jusemastr

Jusemastr

Awards
Hey Joe,

Script through general practitioner, 200mg 1x eow, pinned in Dr office. Moved to Endo to check T levels, etc and after a little more than a year now at 100mg ew with script and pinning at home. This is all with sub 250 T. Going through the motions to keep the legit script.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hey Joe,

Script through general practitioner, 200mg 1x eow, pinned in Dr office. Moved to Endo to check T levels, etc and after a little more than a year now at 100mg ew with script and pinning at home. This is all with sub 250 T. Going through the motions to keep the legit script.
Gotta appreciate your avatar 😄

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The Dr. (Women) that I found I have known for years but learned that TRT was her specialty. I was at a picnic and overheard her talking about this trt seminar she just got back from, so I ask a few questions the one thing she said that make me think she was “the one”
I don’t concentrate on the numbers, I work towards helping you feeling like you want to feel.
Rocket….what made you want to do pellets vs test injections?
@sammpedd88 It was the route she suggested and after doing some research I though it was worth a try !

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
@sammpedd88 It was the route she suggested and after doing some research I though it was worth a try !
As long as they work for you, that’s all that matters! Good luck and I’m glad you found a dr that will listen to you!

Tbear93

Awards
It's because your going to a legal drug dealer who's pushing there products on you.
They don't care about your health and they will actually over prescribe you in most cases but at a outrageous price.

A real trt Dr, a endo, or just a good dr in general will prescribe you accurate amounts of the things you need and your insurance will cover it.

Soon as you said Florida I knew what was up. There's a reason your place uses a Florida clinic
I agree with you 100%, I currently get my trt through online, they definitely over prescribe at first, they do make you get bloods done and get to to an optimal healthier dose, get your estradiol, etc etc under control, but when i first started(ive been on it a while) they were were giving double what I needed, but my level of t were under 200...legal drug dealing, but they will eventually get your dose right for you....but it takes time. It just depends on where u go

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I go to a trt clinic

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

moussalegitimate

Awards
I might really need a visit to a holistic clinic, but there aren’t any in my area. It seems reasonable to treat the whole body instead of just certain parts of it. I’d like to get checked in such a clinic to find out what my body lacks to be healthy. I’ve been to many different doctors, but none of them was able to diagnose me and help me. They need to work with http://www.thefinitygroup.com to become better professionals and have a better salary.
I don’t know exactly what’s wrong with me, and I think it’s a mixture of psychological and physical issues that make my case unusual. I have many symptoms of mental illness, but it doesn’t look like any certain disease. It’s just a mixture of symptoms that cause me to be nervous and depressed most of the time.

Last edited:

rixrix

Awards
I use a local urologist. I found him because he had written an article on TRT. 200mg a week script, it's enough. I buy anything else out of pocket. I pay my normal copay for the visit and get to use CVS as my pharmacy, where test is a generic for $5 a month on my insurane.

klbsa

klbsa

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I've been on HRT for 21+ years. I have seen primary doctors, urologists, endos.

Its a total shitshow.

ALL of them are retarded. None of them know how to diagnose and treat hypogonadism. And I worked in the medical field. I would say maybe 1% of doctors know what they are doing.

I have had to teach YALE endocrinologists how to dose T. I have had to teach them how to use HCG.

These assholes prescribed me 10,000 iu of hcg per week. This is going to devastate your testicles and permanently damage you.

Trust me when I tell you these doctors are useless.

My Primary does my HRT now, and it's only bc I tell her the dosages I want and I do bloodwork every 3 months to appease her.

I have 100mgs of CYP e4d and I have androgel at 3 pumps ED as options. She lets me do whichever I want.

The funny thing is that insurance won't pay for a $100 bottle of Watson injectable.

But they will pay $1500+ a month for two bottles of androgel.

Fucking pricks. The system is a disgrace. I know bc I worked in it.
Yup…… I have friends who are being prescribed 300 mg a week of test E as their trt dose.

Clearly the Drs. Are over prescribing test.

If I ever go on trt I will probably just do it myself.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It's nice when you can use a legal pharmacy !!

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
After being on TRT for 12 years now, I have actually been going UGL with great success and far cheaper with no pharmacy hassles. Seems many pharmacies here are closing or have severely scaled back hours and little stock so it's always multiple weeks wait if you can even get in. I'm sick of it and with clinics and test availability so abundant, there is no incentive to stay with normal channels.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
After being on TRT for 12 years now, I have actually been going UGL with great success and far cheaper with no pharmacy hassles. Seems many pharmacies here are closing or have severely scaled back hours and little stock so it's always multiple weeks wait if you can even get in. I'm sick of it and with clinics and test availability so abundant, there is no incentive to stay with normal channels.
Quality of gear, not going to jail would be the top two in my book.

manbeast1

manbeast1

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Quality of gear, not going to jail would be the top two in my book.
I agree controlled substance I’d rather have a script also having the ability to get your test from a pharmacy that at the very least has purity standards to uphold.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I use local dr and matrix hormones as coaching..I just tell my local Dr what matrix suggests

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Good Team !

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
marax

marax

Awards
Telemedicine law changes in Florida as well as the expansion of use during Covid spurred a massive increase in online Clinics. I have been dealing with low T for a few years. My VA doc agreed my t was very low, but the VA does not prescribe off-label use of things like Anastrazol. In other words, they can prescribe Test, but support meds are regulated so you get no estrogen etc support. I saw my private doc and he said my T levels were fine 274 at 39 years old, rejected. I went to a holistic provider who wanted to put me on the equivalent of OTC supplements. I have found a happy medium, I use an online clinic and a knowledgeable VA doctor to track my health, but has his hands tied. My wife was offered low dose test and estrogen therapy for her depression, no questions asked. Funny that.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Telemedicine law changes in Florida as well as the expansion of use during Covid spurred a massive increase in online Clinics. I have been dealing with low T for a few years. My VA doc agreed my t was very low, but the VA does not prescribe off-label use of things like Anastrazol. In other words, they can prescribe Test, but support meds are regulated so you get no estrogen etc support. I saw my private doc and he said my T levels were fine 274 at 39 years old, rejected. I went to a holistic provider who wanted to put me on the equivalent of OTC supplements. I have found a happy medium, I use an online clinic and a knowledgeable VA doctor to track my health, but has his hands tied. My wife was offered low dose test and estrogen therapy for her depression, no questions asked. Funny that.
Because they want men to be less manly. But if your a female or a child that wants to transgender then hey, here's a script.

You need a new Dr. By the way. If my Dr. Told me that 275 was OK for any man under the age of 80 I would no longer accept medical advice from them. It's not completely the doc fault. They only know what there taught.

marax

marax

Awards
Because they want men to be less manly. But if your a female or a child that wants to transgender then hey, here's a script.

You need a new Dr. By the way. If my Dr. Told me that 275 was OK for any man under the age of 80 I would no longer accept medical advice from them. It's not completely the doc fault. They only know what there taught.
Not the same doctor. I went through a few but my current one works for the VA. He specializes in mens health, and while his hands are tied from getting me TRT through the VA, he is totally supporting my health while on TRT via an online clinic. Some places and states are hell trying to get what we men need. He sat me down and looked over the tests the clinic did, and what they put me on, said looks great and he will do my follow-ups. It worked great for me since my primary care is through VA so I pay the clinic for the therapy and my VA doc does my labs and works with me.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Not the same doctor. I went through a few but my current one works for the VA. He specializes in mens health, and while his hands are tied from getting me TRT through the VA, he is totally supporting my health while on TRT via an online clinic. Some places and states are hell trying to get what we men need. He sat me down and looked over the tests the clinic did, and what they put me on, said looks great and he will do my follow-ups. It worked great for me since my primary care is through VA so I pay the clinic for the therapy and my VA doc does my labs and works with me.
I was specifically talking about the 1 dr. That told you 275 was ok

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Out of curiosity what does the clinic charge for your script?

marax

marax

Awards
Out of curiosity what does the clinic charge for your script?
That doctor who said 275 was fine also wanted to put me on meds for my weight because of my "BMI." 215 at 5'10" and 18% bf. I don't use or trust GPs anymore. My cost is $100 a month. Pricey I know, but where I am at it is a steal. IF I could find a doctor who prescribed it and IF my insurance covered it, I could get the test for about $40, but the problem again is the anastrozole, and my insurance flat out said they do not cover HCG unless I am enrolled in a fertility program and even then, only IF it was me unable to produce adequately. Since I don't pay for my VA coverage (due to deployment injuries), this has been my work around, and frankly, I will pay $100 a month to open a box and have everything there.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
That doctor who said 275 was fine also wanted to put me on meds for my weight because of my "BMI." 215 at 5'10" and 18% bf. I don't use or trust GPs anymore. My cost is $100 a month. Pricey I know, but where I am at it is a steal. IF I could find a doctor who prescribed it and IF my insurance covered it, I could get the test for about $40, but the problem again is the anastrozole, and my insurance flat out said they do not cover HCG unless I am enrolled in a fertility program and even then, only IF it was me unable to produce adequately. Since I don't pay for my VA coverage (due to deployment injuries), this has been my work around, and frankly, I will pay $100 a month to open a box and have everything there.
$100 a month is steep for testosterone but in the bigger scheme of things that very affordable. I pay $35 currently for a bottle and that last me 16 weeks, so it's about $8.75 a month for me, but it's also not exactly legal either this route.

When I was getting pharma I was paying $117

marax

marax

Awards
$100 a month is steep for testosterone but in the bigger scheme of things that very affordable. I pay $35 currently for a bottle and that last me 16 weeks, so it's about $8.75 a month for me, but it's also not exactly legal either this route.

When I was getting pharma I was paying $117
I completely understand, in fact, I have other "options." But I am now a 47-year-old dad with two younger kids and my goal is longevity and part of that, is trust. I need to trust sources (you know! big Pharma!), and have a doctor who is on board. I am getting ready to move and my doc already has me set up with another VA doc who knows his stuff. All I have to do is change my address and my TRT meds from the online clinic will move with me. No need for finding new sources and all that entails, no fighting a new batch of know it all GPs. So when I hear talk and debate about online clinics vs fighting urologists and endos and GPs, I told my doc that I AM doing this with or without him, and as a doc he should know.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Glad you got things working for you!