DMSO + Androgel HRT

bodybuilder8806

Awards
I've been put on HRT due to hypogonadism and take 5g of androgel daily.

""A daily application of AndroGel 5 g, 7.5 g, or 10 g contains 50 mg, 75 mg, or 100 mg of testosterone, respectively, to be applied daily to the skin's surface. Approximately 10% of the applied testosterone dose is absorbed across skin of average permeability during a 24-hour period. ""

So im getting roughly 5 mg of test daily. I have been doing some research and have found that DMSO increases the skins permability which might allow up to 30% absorbtion of the gel instead of the average 10%. I was wondering how I would incorporate the DMSO. I have found 99% DMSO that is in a roll on dispenser and was wondering if I could topically apply the roll on DMSO and then apply my androgel to the same areas resulting in better absorbtion of androgel. For any chemistry inclined people here these are the ingredients in androgel:

""The active pharmacologic ingredient in AndroGel is testosterone. Testosterone USP is a white to practically white crystalline powder chemically described as 17-beta hydroxyandrost-4-en-3-one.

Inactive ingredients in AndroGel are ethanol 67.0%, purified water, sodium hydroxide, carbomer 980 and isopropyl myristate; these ingredients are not pharmacologically active.""

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Inactive ingredients in AndroGel are ethanol 67.0%, purified water, sodium hydroxide, carbomer 980 and isopropyl myristate; these ingredients are not pharmacologically active.""
I'd be concerned about increasing the absorbtion rate of these personally....but others with a medical background might have a more informed opinion.

bodybuilder8806

Awards
I'd be concerned about increasing the absorbtion rate of these personally....but others with a medical background might have a more informed opinion.
Well im taking 5 grams where some people are prescribed 10grams each day without any side effects or problems from the ingredients, but my opinion is very limited also, thanks for your response.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Well im taking 5 grams where some people are prescribed 10grams each day without any side effects or problems from the ingredients, but my opinion is very limited also, thanks for your response.
It's my understanding that those alcohols normally evaporate on the surface of the skin....they're essentially just solvents to carry the active. With DMSO, they may get absorbed into the bloodstream, which is what I would be concerned about.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
I've been put on HRT due to hypogonadism and take 5g of androgel daily.

""A daily application of AndroGel 5 g, 7.5 g, or 10 g contains 50 mg, 75 mg, or 100 mg of testosterone, respectively, to be applied daily to the skin's surface. Approximately 10% of the applied testosterone dose is absorbed across skin of average permeability during a 24-hour period. ""

So im getting roughly 5 mg of test daily. I have been doing some research and have found that DMSO increases the skins permability which might allow up to 30% absorbtion of the gel instead of the average 10%. I was wondering how I would incorporate the DMSO. I have found 99% DMSO that is in a roll on dispenser and was wondering if I could topically apply the roll on DMSO and then apply my androgel to the same areas resulting in better absorbtion of androgel. For any chemistry inclined people here these are the ingredients in androgel:

""The active pharmacologic ingredient in AndroGel is testosterone. Testosterone USP is a white to practically white crystalline powder chemically described as 17-beta hydroxyandrost-4-en-3-one.

Are you able to recieve the shot? I think that might help your situatuin better.

bodybuilder8806

Awards
Are you able to recieve the shot? I think that might help your situatuin better.
I'd be happy to take injections for more convience for me and i'd even let them show me a couple times then continue doing them myself. My doctor referred to them as less convienent though, and said that there are to many hormone flunctuations while taking injections while the gels are more consistent. If the DMSO would work though i'd be satisfied with absorbing 15mg of testosterone each day instead of 5.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Check out the stickies in new the HRT Forum. There are varied methods, and it sems our physicians sometimes need to understand a little better about the frequency of injections. I too am using AndroGel at 5g a day. I will let follow-up bloodwork determine course of action from here.

Like yeahright said, I would be concerned with the absorption of the solvent in the AndroGel. But who knows how much you will get and how harmful it would be.

I'm gonna move you over there for discussion.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have also heard that you can apply the DMSO prior to the gel of choice to prep the skin for penetration of the active.