DHEA

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Anyone using DHEA? If so, have you found transdermal, sublingual or capsule best?

I've been testing it again after getting my testosterone dose dialed in, but it makes me very tired. On the other hand, it really seems to help with my blood pressure and vasoldilation/nitric oxide. Maybe I need to take it at night instead....

BillD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just started Alpha Gainz transdermal at 50mg a day. No lethargy to speak of.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Anyone using DHEA? If so, have you found transdermal, sublingual or capsule best?

I've been testing it again after getting my testosterone dose dialed in, but it makes me very tired. On the other hand, it really seems to help with my blood pressure and vasoldilation/nitric oxide. Maybe I need to take it at night instead....
maybe try the transdermal pregnenolone instead of the dhea?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
maybe try the transdermal pregnenolone instead of the dhea?
Yeah. I might try the dhea at night with preg during day. I'm thinking the dhea tanks my cortisol.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
DM me if you'd like to try some Neuro DHEA by Iconic Formulations (same profile as AG DHEA TD, just scented with clary sage instead of cedarwood and cypress).

There are a number of benefits of TD DHEA over oral and you may find greater benefit.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
DM me if you'd like to try some Neuro DHEA by Iconic Formulations (same profile as AG DHEA TD, just scented with clary sage instead of cedarwood and cypress).

There are a number of benefits of TD DHEA over oral and you may find greater benefit.
I might pick this up to try with my next cycle. Probably gonna need some dhea at some point

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Currently using iconic td dhea a few times a week and loving it

I use it pre bed as it does relax me and I’ll use neuro p5 less frequently but they both have a relaxation effect on me

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Thanks Rob. I've tried it. The interesting thing is at 25mg transdermal, I bloat like a whale and my DHEA-s levels didn't increase at all (69 out of range 106-=64). What's more is that I was doing a new testosterone cyp EOD protocol at only 22mg eod. My free test levels were at the very top of range 142 out of range 35-155 and my ultrasensitive e2 was 21 with a range of 0-29, and my regular sensitive e2 is usually under 20. This leads me to believe that the transdermal dhea converts very readily to test and e2 in me at least. I'll be having more labs done very soon to confirm, this time without the transdermal dhea and see where my free test levels fall.

Edit: I should say that previous lab work with 12.5mg sublingual dhea bright my dhea levels to 250 or so.

BillD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any chance the DHEA is making me go to bathroom more? I started it same day as SNS glycophase and have immediately became much more regular. Assuming it’s the gda but thought maybe it was the DHEA lowering my cortisol and improving digestion. I’m a long time stim junky so cortisol and digestion have always been screwed up.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Any chance the DHEA is making me go to bathroom more? I started it same day as SNS glycophase and have immediately became much more regular. Assuming it’s the gda but thought maybe it was the DHEA lowering my cortisol and improving digestion. I’m a long time stim junky so cortisol and digestion have always been screwed up.
i truly doubt it's the dhea...but who knows?

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
This could be the glyco. It’s designed to increase nutrition partitioning, so that could lead to more removal. If you get my drift.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I ordered the TD DHEA and TD Pregnenolone, and it is scheduled to be delivered on Monday.

I have enjoyed the TD Melatonin so much, I thought I would give it a go.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I ordered the TD DHEA and TD Pregnenolone, and it is scheduled to be delivered on Monday.

I have enjoyed the TD Melatonin so much, I thought I would give it a go.
td dhea and preg are way better than oral, just like the melatonin, imo....i think you will like them.

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
td dhea and preg are way better than oral, just like the melatonin, imo....i think you will like them.
Agreed. I’ve been using Alpha Gainz Alpha P5 (as well as Iconic Formulations Neuro P5) for a while now. I noticed more from TD than I ever got from oral with preg and dhea. Never really noticed anything from oral to be honest. I also find AG dhea to be effective. Both are great mood enhancers, for me anyway, and I notice a boost in cognitive function when I use preg (which is pretty constant).

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Agreed. I’ve been using Alpha Gainz Alpha P5 (as well as Iconic Formulations Neuro P5) for a while now. I noticed more from TD than I ever got from oral with preg and dhea. Never really noticed anything from oral to be honest. I also find AG dhea to be effective. Both are great mood enhancers, for me anyway, and I notice a boost in cognitive function when I use preg (which is pretty constant).
a lot of people are amazed at how well preg works for a boost in cognitive function.

dlundgren

Awards
What makes it better? I appreciate the absorption issue but what makes it superior to orally ingesting either of those, assuming the quantity was dialed in to reflect the different bioavailability? I'm new to DHEA and pregnenolone (have been on TRT a long time and have had anxiety and other problems that I thought were just part of my personality, I had been on it so long), so I'm trying to dial all of this in. I started taking pregnenolone and am trying to dial in the dose. The first time I took it, I can't even describe the feeling. I felt like I was 20 years old again and, most importantly, just felt incredible confidence with my anxiety immediately disappearing.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What makes it better? I appreciate the absorption issue but what makes it superior to orally ingesting either of those, assuming the quantity was dialed in to reflect the different bioavailability? I'm new to DHEA and pregnenolone (have been on TRT a long time and have had anxiety and other problems that I thought were just part of my personality, I had been on it so long), so I'm trying to dial all of this in. I started taking pregnenolone and am trying to dial in the dose. The first time I took it, I can't even describe the feeling. I felt like I was 20 years old again and, most importantly, just felt incredible confidence with my anxiety immediately disappearing.
How much preg did you take and how?

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
this article may help:

Transdermal delivery is going to offer superior bioavailability, extended release delivery - remember the half life of DHEA is really short. The lotions (Neuro P5, Neuro DHEA, etc) deliver over 6-8 hours. The gels like dermacrine will deliver over to 8-12 hours.

Not only will the delivery be more efficient and offer extended release, the skin also contains key enzymes used to convert to desired target steroids.

dlundgren

Awards
How much preg did you take and how?
100mg oral. I since have tried to use less per day (want to take as little as I can to get effects, and felt a bit of nip soreness the second day I took 100mg last time) and haven't noticed the same effects. Took 100mg today and had subjective effects like the first time I took it. All anxiety gone with a nice mix of wanting to conquer the world but not worrying about anything.

dlundgren

Awards
this article may help:

Transdermal delivery is going to offer superior bioavailability, extended release delivery - remember the half life of DHEA is really short. The lotions (Neuro P5, Neuro DHEA, etc) deliver over 6-8 hours. The gels like dermacrine will deliver over to 8-12 hours.

Not only will the delivery be more efficient and offer extended release, the skin also contains key enzymes used to convert to desired target steroids.
Thanks ... appreciate the info! From the limited research I've done, I understand that preg, too, is only present at elevated levels for a short period after dosing.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks ... appreciate the info! From the limited research I've done, I understand that preg, too, is only present at elevated levels for a short period after dosing.
transdermal has extended release over a much longer time than oral.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CorpKiller Male Anti-Aging Medicine 8
Supplements 2
Supplements 12
Supplements 14
Male Anti-Aging Medicine 21