Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Went through and saw smont is making gains so I decided to stay
Actually quite he opposite tuna, loosing weight and strength is down. But welcome. I'm just trying to get rid of a bunch of fat I accumulated. I was looking like a stuffed pig a few weeks back.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I would bet a lot of SEO was involved. His chest is the same size, while his arms, delts, and traps tripled in size.
His triceps are massively different. They went from the weakest to the strongest bodypart I think

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm Soo off topic I forgot this was my damage control thread lol

By the way, I was 200 lbs even this morning. Down almost 10lbs in the past 2-3 weeks or however long it's been and down a total of 20.8lbs from may 1st

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Actually quite he opposite tuna, loosing weight and strength is down. But welcome. I'm just trying to get rid of a bunch of fat I accumulated. I was looking like a stuffed pig a few weeks back.
That’s what I mean. You’re making cutting gains

I should have said progress 🤔 but yeah getting lean

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I may just say **** it and diet all the way through the summer

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
That’s what I mean. You’re making cutting gains

I should have said progress but yeah getting lean
Got ya. Well I am getting some strength back so it's kinda a gain I guess lol. I been doing some pre exhaust so I can go lighter on the bigger lifts to avoid more injury but i like heavy stuff. So yesterday I threw bench back at the beginning of chest and got a couple easy sets of 6 with 235 I believe. I was doing about 280 for 6 in April. Then about 3 weeks ago I noticed I could only get about 6 with225. So it's climbing back up. I'd love to get solid around 198 and still have a 350 bench but I think I need to cut another 10-15lbs of fat before I try to start putting muscle on again.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Got ya. Well I am getting some strength back so it's kinda a gain I guess lol. I been doing some pre exhaust so I can go lighter on the bigger lifts to avoid more injury but i like heavy stuff. So yesterday I threw bench back at the beginning of chest and got a couple easy sets of 6 with 235 I believe. I was doing about 280 for 6 in April. Then about 3 weeks ago I noticed I could only get about 6 with225. So it's climbing back up. I'd love to get solid around 198 and still have a 350 bench but I think I need to cut another 10-15lbs of fat before I try to start putting muscle on again.
You’ll definitely be recomping as well man. And I love pre exhaust for certain muscle groups , but I think you should always pick a main exercise and focus on that. I like it for squats and deadlifts though as it reduces injury risk.

That’s some pretty severe strength loss though, I’m just going to be honest. How big is your caloric deficit? I mean it’s normal when cutting hard but shoot lol. Maybe you were just relying so much on the dirty bulk that you had so much water and glycogen built up. You’ll most likely adapt and regain strength further in . Just keep on the process

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You’ll definitely be recomping as well man. And I love pre exhaust for certain muscle groups , but I think you should always pick a main exercise and focus on that. I like it for squats and deadlifts though as it reduces injury risk.

That’s some pretty severe strength loss though, I’m just going to be honest. How big is your caloric deficit? I mean it’s normal when cutting hard but shoot lol. Maybe you were just relying so much on the dirty bulk that you had so much water and glycogen built up. You’ll most likely adapt and regain strength further in . Just keep on the process
It's multiple yhings. Right after my dirty bulk, I pinched a nerve in my neck and threw out my back. Went about the first 2-3 weeks of may with no working out. Then first or second week back I got and still have some kind of hernia thing going on. I also went from 4000 cal to 3000 on may first and then to 2400-2500 shortly after. So the deficit is massive, I've been at 2500ish for about 3 weeks with no adjustments and lost 10 lbs

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
So in the past 40 days I have been eating 1000-1500 calories less, got 3 minor injuries, lost 20.8lbs and not taking superdrol lol. That is my strength loss. Even before April I was getting 275 for 6 at a bw of 210. I might have been closer to 300 for 6 in the end of April now that I think of it. I'm gonna check my book later. But ya. Strength dropped a ton

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
And I just weighed in at 199.8, weight still dropping fast. I'm adding a cheat meal today lol

jim2509

jim2509

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
And I just weighed in at 199.8, weight still dropping fast. I'm adding a cheat meal today lol
Jesus that's some bad luck with those injuries. Theres me feeling glum with an impinged shoulder...what you taking for the injuries?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Jesus that's some bad luck with those injuries. Theres me feeling glum with an impinged shoulder...what you taking for the injuries?
Nothing, the pinched nerve is a on and off thing, it's gone now. Threw out the back but that's better now. And for this hernia I don't think there's anything I can do other then not make it worse. If I'm going to lift something fairly heavy or engage my core a lot I put a waist trainer on and my deadlift belt over it. Everything has kinda just came back together for me. I feeling pretty good. I lost a lot of fat. I know the strength will come back. I think this is a very necessary process for myself if I ever am going to get back to my old self. I just keep telling myself, your still fat, diet more worry about the strength later. Frank Zane won a Mr. Olympia at 5'9 190lbs. That's probably the most muscle you can carry on a 5'9 frame. I'm not going to look like that but I can eventually look pretty damn good again at 5'9 200 if I drop this fat and build a little more muscle. I gotta stop trying to get big until after I can get lean. Gaining weight is easy. Dieting sucks

jim2509

jim2509

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Nothing, the pinched nerve is a on and off thing, it's gone now. Threw out the back but that's better now. And for this hernia I don't think there's anything I can do other then not make it worse. If I'm going to lift something fairly heavy or engage my core a lot I put a waist trainer on and my deadlift belt over it. Everything has kinda just came back together for me. I feeling pretty good. I lost a lot of fat. I know the strength will come back. I think this is a very necessary process for myself if I ever am going to get back to my old self. I just keep telling myself, your still fat, diet more worry about the strength later. Frank Zane won a Mr. Olympia at 5'9 190lbs. That's probably the most muscle you can carry on a 5'9 frame. I'm not going to look like that but I can eventually look pretty damn good again at 5'9 200 if I drop this fat and build a little more muscle. I gotta stop trying to get big until after I can get lean. Gaining weight is easy. Dieting sucks
Sounds like you've got it nailed.....good for you.

What supps you using to assist? I need to lose some BF also having recovered from an L5/S1 disc herniation...just got to get rid of this annoying intermittent shoulder pain.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Sounds like you've got it nailed.....good for you.

What supps you using to assist? I need to lose some BF also having recovered from an L5/S1 disc herniation...just got to get rid of this annoying intermittent shoulder pain.
Just taking some gear and dieting, probably on a little more then I should be on but eating less then I should be eating. I don't know exactly how much unless I do some math but about 300 test, 300, masteron, transdermal dienolone/epiandro and a lot of caffeine. I've tried somewhat mega dosing gear and dirty bulking, you don't build a lot of muscle but you get really strong and fat. I've tried taking fatburners and being loose with my diet and that doesn't work either. More and more I'm learning that diet really is number 1 no matter how much I wanna believe you can out do the diet. You rarely can.

Write down everything you eat for 7 days, figure out your average calories per day. Make a diet plan starting at the everage calories with some better food choices and start dropping calories each week. The only fat burner that will let you out train a bad diet is dnp. And while I think it can be used safely, it's still really dangerous.

So basically I'm just eating a lot less and taking gear to not loose muscle.

jim2509

jim2509

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Just taking some gear and dieting, probably on a little more then I should be on but eating less then I should be eating. I don't know exactly how much unless I do some math but about 300 test, 300, masteron, transdermal dienolone/epiandro and a lot of caffeine. I've tried somewhat mega dosing gear and dirty bulking, you don't build a lot of muscle but you get really strong and fat. I've tried taking fatburners and being loose with my diet and that doesn't work either. More and more I'm learning that diet really is number 1 no matter how much I wanna believe you can out do the diet. You rarely can.

Write down everything you eat for 7 days, figure out your average calories per day. Make a diet plan starting at the everage calories with some better food choices and start dropping calories each week. The only fat burner that will let you out train a bad diet is dnp. And while I think it can be used safely, it's still really dangerous.

So basically I'm just eating a lot less and taking gear to not loose muscle.
Great description and admire your honesty as well. Yeah I find the ONLY thing that leans me up is cutting all the crap out of my diet and HIT running...5 days a week. I found with certain Sarms they helped me maintain a little muscle when I was losing fat/weight or gave that impression.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I couldn't physically do it lol. I've had on more then one occasion a girl try to stick her finger in my ass during a bj and there is a instant locking mechanism that closes and I feel like I'm gonna puke. Nothing goes near my ass
Exit only.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Great description and admire your honesty as well. Yeah I find the ONLY thing that leans me up is cutting all the crap out of my diet and HIT running...5 days a week. I found with certain Sarms they helped me maintain a little muscle when I was losing fat/weight or gave that impression.
While I do think I know a little about most things, I know everything about nothing lol, so this is just my opinion here.

I don't believe any anabolics actually burn fat, but I do believe that increased androgens or anything anabolic is going to make you burn through some extra calories, shift your body more towards building muscle and more muscle burns through more calories so indirect effects on fat loss.

I cut my calories way to low to start, mainly because I thought my baseline was lower then it actually Is. I'm taking enough to not loose or possibly gain muscle and it's working well. I still am not doing much cardio at all, way less then I had planned on and weight is dropping rapidly. I probably should have started with more calories, more cardio and less gear. But im still learning so I made a mistake there. I still can up cardio if needed. But I'm way ahead of schedule with lbs lost so i guess il save that card for when I stall. I actually just reconfigured my diet and added 200 calories just because I keep loosing like 1/2 lb a day and that's too much

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
So I decided to throw clean and press and farmers walks back in today to see how the felt, nothing serious, just clean and press at 135x5x2
And 50yard farmers walks with 50 lb dumbbells. Just wanted to see if they felt ok on my abdomen and the did! So I'm going to start doing them 1-2x a week from here out as long as the weather allows it

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So I decided to throw clean and press and farmers walks back in today to see how the felt, nothing serious, just clean and press at 135x5x2
And 50yard farmers walks with 50 lb dumbbells. Just wanted to see if they felt ok on my abdomen and the did! So I'm going to start doing them 1-2x a week from here out as long as the weather allows it
nice. The farmers walk is probably the most under rated exercise imo. So many benefits, virtually no technique issues that can prevent people doing it right and easy to program in.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
nice. The farmers walk is probably the most under rated exercise imo. So many benefits, virtually no technique issues that can prevent people doing it right and easy to program in.
Yep, I like them a lot. I've never trained it seriously, just a couple sets after legs or shoulders. I think between those and the cleans if done regularly I can burn up some calories and maybe spark some new growth or strength gains

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Regarding raws measured and eaten/drank, yes that will absolutely work. As long as you are consuming in a timely fashion. The question is just whether there’s any degradation sitting in liquid all day (like creatine). No idea on that.

Raws are always cheaper than pills/tabs/caps. You are basically paying for someone to premeasure the dose for you. You are paying for labor/convenience.

The one thing to really watch newbies for is to make sure they aren’t crossing their legs when it gets heavy. And that they are still bracing as they set the weight down after, just like a deadlift. That’s not the time to relax the core.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Regarding raws measured and eaten/drank, yes that will absolutely work. As long as you are consuming in a timely fashion. The question is just whether there’s any degradation sitting in liquid all day (like creatine). No idea on that.

Raws are always cheaper than pills/tabs/caps. You are basically paying for someone to premeasure the dose for you. You are paying for labor/convenience.

The one thing to really watch newbies for is to make sure they aren’t crossing their legs when it gets heavy. And that they are still bracing as they set the weight down after, just like a deadlift. That’s not the time to relax the core.
yep bracing the core (packing the chest down etc) is the only real cue I give. What I mean is that pretty much anyone can do it. Mobility doesn’t restrict, form doesn’t tend to break down and create issues like with squat or dead.

raws are easy enough to turn into a liquid for more precise dosing. I do it with mk. Worth considering if the quantities make precise dosing a challenge

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
@Hyde

I always thought they found out that creatine didn't degrade nearly as much as originally thought.

But I get ya, that's what my main concern would be. The hormone loosing it's effects through the day.

Now with winny, because they suspended in water as an injectable given it's not tap water but it's kind of the same, I wouldn't think there'd be a problem. But with other hormones I have no clue.

Just to be clear I don't have any intentions of doing this.

But I'm thinking if the powder can survive your stomach acids then its probably good in water through a single day at least.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
yep bracing the core (packing the chest down etc) is the only real cue I give. What I mean is that pretty much anyone can do it. Mobility doesn’t restrict, form doesn’t tend to break down and create issues like with squat or dead.

raws are easy enough to turn into a liquid for more precise dosing. I do it with mk. Worth considering if the quantities make precise dosing a challenge
What do you use to make raws into liquids?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
@Hyde

I always thought they found out that creatine didn't degrade nearly as much as originally thought.

But I get ya, that's what my main concern would be. The hormone loosing it's effects through the day.

Now with winny, because they suspended in water as an injectable given it's not tap water but it's kind of the same, I wouldn't think there'd be a problem. But with other hormones I have no clue.

Just to be clear I don't have any intentions of doing this.

But I'm thinking if the powder can survive your stomach acids then its probably good in water through a single day at least.
Have you ever drank creatine you left in an intra drink the next day? I have a couple times when I was about to train then life happened last min and I had to push it back a day so I just set my intra jug in the fridge. Without fail I get horrible gas and bloating, maybe even a runny ****. If you are passing anything like that, your body isn’t absorbing it.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
What do you use to make raws into liquids?
you need a micro scale ($25 ish) and then it’s just dmso as the solvent, peg 300 and vegetable glycine.

I brought some cheaper vials with a dropped off amazon and each batch does three vials (30ml vial with a 1ml dropper), vial lasts a month so I only have to mess around every three months (although it’s easy as ****, warm the solvent in a water bath, add the raw and mix until disolved, add the peg and mix, add the glycine and mix. Done.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Have you ever drank creatine you left in an intra drink the next day? I have a couple times when I was about to train then life happened last min and I had to push it back a day so I just set my intra jug in the fridge. Without fail I get horrible gas and bloating, maybe even a runny ****. If you are passing anything like that, your body isn’t absorbing it.
I never had that happen to me. I mix creatine with a eaa hydration mix stuff in a 50oz water bottle and bring it to work everyday. I drink it over the course of 8hrs

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
you need a micro scale ($25 ish) and then it’s just dmso as the solvent, peg 300 and vegetable glycine.

I brought some cheaper vials with a dropped off amazon and each batch does three vials (30ml vial with a 1ml dropper), vial lasts a month so I only have to mess around every three months (although it’s easy as ****, warm the solvent in a water bath, add the raw and mix until disolved, add the peg and mix, add the glycine and mix. Done.
^NOT for oral consumption.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
So I had a massive cheat today, I haven't made sauce in idk how long so I made a big meat sauce and cooked 2lbs of pasta and bought a can of ginger ale and went to town. It put me up to 2907calories today but I kinda planned this so not too worried. I've woke up weighing less daily since this started so I'm interested to see what the scale reads tomorrow morning

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Still have 1 planned meal left for the day but I'm so full il probably skip it

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
TD

You’re cutting. Don’t eat anything besides protein if you’re not hungry lol
Lol I know, I was due for a cheat day. I may have finished the night with a scoop of ice cream, told the kids I want them to finish that ice cream off tomorrow (today) and throw away the evidence.

And still woke up lighter lol

Today's weight 199.7

I ate 740 calories over my normal daily average, but also threw in those 2 extra exercises and was sweating all day at work, must have balanced out somehow. Hoping for a great pump today for chest and triceps.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Sounds like it was just what the body ordered!
I think so, it worked out well. I've been somewhat strategic about everything so far, definitely the most disciplined I've been in a while when it comes to my meals. And everything is coming along. All the weight loss appears to come from my midsection, I don't have much to complain about

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Had a great feeling workout today.

Bench did a couple warm ups of 6-10 reps. Put 275 on the bar and got a fairly easy 3 reps, hopped off the bench and banged out 40 push ups.
Db flys with 35s superseted with db press for 3x15
Close grip bench for a couple sets till I hit failure.
3 sets of rope pressdowns and 3 sets of ez skull krushers and called it a wrap

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Bodyweight 199.9

I'm going might be less active the next week or 2. Taking my kids to Jersey for a couple days to do the 6 flags drive through Safari and a couple other things. Then got a big job to start.

Arms have gotten bigger while loosing all this weight so that's a win win.

This is first thing this morning. I'm going to do back and biceps later today and take another cus during my workouts I'm starting to get some cool looking veins popping out
1591970970127~2.jpeg

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm not sure why it posted sideways and I thought I cropped out more of my face but o well 🤷

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Bodyweight 199.9

I'm going might be less active the next week or 2. Taking my kids to Jersey for a couple days to do the 6 flags drive through Safari and a couple other things. Then got a big job to start.

Arms have gotten bigger while loosing all this weight so that's a win win.

This is first thing this morning. I'm going to do back and biceps later today and take another cus during my workouts I'm starting to get some cool looking veins popping outView attachment 194699
I do love a vein

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Figured you were just doing flagpole ab work
Ya right lol. Even when I was younger and I was boxing and doing all kinds of ab work and stuff I could never do those

Last edited:
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

A slight increase today for the first time since I started this, I did drink a extra 40-50oz of water yesterday, no specific reason other then I thought I should drink more water. And I did finish off the last scoop of ice cream but I was on target with total calories. So I'm thinking I might have actually lost enough weight where 2400ish calories is no longer a deficit. I'm going to add some cardio now. Maybe a extra 30min 3x week this week and see if that's enough to put me back into a deficit without cutting calories.

Other then that. Things are good, my lower 2 abs are nowhere to be seen even tho I can see the upper 4 and my ribs when I flex my midsection.

Even though I hit back yesterday, im going to workout with a friend today and he wants to do a workout that I would consider to be back and shoulders so I'm gonna do it for the hell of it. Tomorrow il just do some legs.

Then I'm gone for 4 days and will rely on cardio, push ups and resistance bands those days and back to business Thursday or Friday.

I'm debating on doing 2 a days the final 2 weeks to push it as much as I can before the 4th of July.

From that point on I will try to recomp/cut through the rest of July with what I'm on before dropping to actual trt for what I plan to be 4 months

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Had another fantastic workout today, we dragged the weights outside and started off with some clean and press.

I'm still playing it on the safer side but I worked up to 160 for a set of 3
Bent over row 160 for 5 sets of 10
Then brought the weights back inside.

Single arm pull downs and pull overs for sets 15

Finished off with some side laterals and behind the neck press for sets of 20.

Kinda a odd workout but I felt super strong on everything and had alot left in the tank.

Leading up to yesterday I really haven't felt like I was on anything and all the sudden it feels like everything kicked in

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Had another fantastic workout today, we dragged the weights outside and started off with some clean and press.

I'm still playing it on the safer side but I worked up to 160 for a set of 3
Bent over row 160 for 5 sets of 10
Then brought the weights back inside.

Single arm pull downs and pull overs for sets 15

Finished off with some side laterals and behind the neck press for sets of 20.

Kinda a odd workout but I felt super strong on everything and had alot left in the tank.

Leading up to yesterday I really haven't felt like I was on anything and all the sudden it feels like everything kicked in
behind the neck presses is another under used lift imo (I like your training). I do exactly the same, sets of 20 on shoulder day as an accessory

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
behind the neck presses is another under used lift imo (I like your training). I do exactly the same, sets of 20 on shoulder day as an accessory
I love doing them, I know they can be risky but using weights you can handle for 15+ I doubt I will have any risk for injury.

Today's weight 199.6

So after about 3 weeks I'm down 10lbs, and down a total of 21lbs since my dirty bulk ended. From today out I have exactly 3 more weeks or 21 days left for my target mini cut deadline. The "deadline" is pretty much imaginary, I just wanted to set some goals but all in all I'm happy.

I've been slacking on progress pics but il do my best to get some taken. Me and my girl been fighting so I haven't really been trying to get her to take pictures.

When were getting along, she's happy to take pictures and is semi supportive. But when were fighting she turns everything around. I'm trying to get in better shape to leave her or I'm taking pictures to send to some bitch lol

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Evomuse 2
Supplements 15
Supplements 15
Supplements 17
Supplements 12