Cutting/Bulking...FYI Newbie

B

BTrap

Awards
Hey guys, (I'm moving this from the supps/review forum to here)

I'm looking for some advice on supps and what particular direction I should take....

Background:

I'm 31, 5'9" 231 BF% est 22-25%. I've lifted all my life just not competitively and i've been outta the gym for about 6 months. I currently do cardio 3-4 times per week in the form of playing indoor soccer and softball.

My questions are:

Should I go through a cutting cycle at the beginning to try and get some fat off first?

What suppliments should I start out on? (only thing I've ever tried was Andro back in the Mark McGwire days, i think this is why i have a bald spot now) I don't want to get too crazy with the supps as I have kids and i'm in the process of having more..

Any advice ya'll could offer would be greatly apprecaited.

thanks,
Brian

Boyders

Boyders

Awards
  • Established
You should do some searching on the board. This question is asked every three days.

To some it up, get your diet down and buy some decent multivits and then look into it.

chaudry

chaudry

Awards
When looking at your diet, try building your meals around having a much smaller amount of carbs and a high amount of protein. I'm assuming you are looking to maintain/gain muscle while cutting, that's why i'm suggesting keeping the protein high. Intensity in your workout can be a huge factor (i.e. taking 1 minute breaks in between sets even while doing higher weight, lower reps; and possibly only a 30 second break while doing lower weight, high reps.) This will keep the calories burning and the sweat dripping while increasing strength at the same time :hammer:

Take some time to look at others' posts and check out their stacks for cutting. Once you find a stack that you believe is directed towards the goal you're trying to achieve, post it on here and i'll be glad to give some feedback

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Since this is the supp section - I'll give you the advice of creatine/amino acids (EAAs)

But your diet and training should be in check first

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
you don't need any supplements yet!

get your diet in check and get your butt into the gym!

you should drop weight pretty quickly at this point...save the supps for when you're body starts fighting the weight loss.

if you're gonna take supps then stick to the basics:

fish oil
creatine
maybe some CLA

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
yeah, from what I've read it really only benefits those that are quite over weight...thus, I only rec it to people that need get their weight down to be in the healthy range.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
...and it's cheap! I don't believe in spending too much on supps at this point in the game. you're body should be more than willing to cooperate with weight loss...why push the willing?

M

mdtech123

Awards
New To PH type stuff, any thoughts on M-drol H-drol anyone??

chaudry

chaudry

Awards
start your own thread in the anabolic section :blink:

B

BTrap

Awards
thanks for the info guys....my workout routine is probably ok for what i'm trying to accomplish but not ok for BB...as for my diet, i'm pretty sure it sucks...LOL
At the moment I don't count calories nor do I watch what I eat very much..this I need to change.

This is my current plan:

get in the gym 4-5 days a week
After 2-3 weeks see where i'm at and look into possibly CLA and creatine.
After 2-3 months check into some other possible supps maybe even a test booster...

And of course somewhere in there get my diet straight...

What do ya'll think? Good start?

thanks again guys...

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the info guys....my workout routine is probably ok for what i'm trying to accomplish but not ok for BB...as for my diet, i'm pretty sure it sucks...LOL
At the moment I don't count calories nor do I watch what I eat very much..this I need to change.

This is my current plan:

After 2-3 months check into some other possible supps maybe even a test booster...

thanks again guys...
Your diet is much more important that supplements and your workout split. Go into the Nutrition section and get some ideas!

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

This is my current plan:

thanks again guys...
yeah, you need to get your nutrition in check first!

success = 70% nutrition + 20% training + 10% rest

nutrition is the most important part, if everything else is perfect and your diet isn't in check then you'll never get to where you want to be!

B

BTrap

Awards
well i'm on my way...looking at a 2000 cal/day diet...that diet tracker is a lot of work...

I think i'll try just counting the cals for a month or so and see how that goes..

thanks again guys..

B

BTrap

Awards
Ya'll think adding creatine would be a good idea. I was also thinking of trying out CLA to help with the fat loss.

It's probably mostly just water weight or something but i'm already down 5lbs by changing my diet, hope that keeps up cause i sure feel better.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
i didnt read your whole thread, just this last post. for weight loss trying using a cortisol blocker like lean extreme, a carb blocker like carb intercept, and coconut oil. give CLA a try as well. some find it works better for them than others. and yes. these get your diet in check. these are all supplements to help your diet.