Creatine in a transdermal solution

kranden

Awards
would creatine work in a transdermal solution like you do with 1-test and 4ad and such, such wondering, figured absorption rate would be higher if you could figure that out too.

elijah_123

Awards
I would say no just because of the amount of creatine you need to get into your blood. I don't know what amount of creatine taken in a drink makes it into your blood, as such I will figure low and someone else can correct me :). Say you drink 10 gr and 2 gr of that actually is used at a time. So we figure 2 gr is a good number to have in the body at once. If (big if, I'm not even sure creatine is absorbable through the skin) If we say a ultra high absorbtion at 50%, then you need to apply 4 gr of creatine a day to get it in you. You would need to shave your whole body and roll in t-gel/creatine to get a day or two's worth of creatine. I would stick to drinking it.

Next thing you know we will have transdermal protein shakes....

Havok

Awards
Why would you need to shave... You don't need to do that if you are doing a regular transderman do you?
Why would it be any different?

elijah_123

Awards
Yes you would need to shave actually. Some of the stuff your rubbing on will cling to the hair and not get absorbed, it may be a negligable amount with very little hair, but places like legs and chest for hairy people are best shaved to ensure the best absorbtion. Have you ever used gel in your hair? Notice it makes the hair spikey and not much stays on the scalp, similiar situation to transdermals.

Draven

Awards
  • Established
^bump. I just had the unpleasurable experience yesterday of shaving my legs.... but I have, or rather had, hairy legs so I had to.

baham99

Awards
someone should just make an ester and throw all this stuff together, like 10 CCs or something, and daily inject every nutrient you can think of, including YJ's beloved liver tabs. Imagine that.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
someone should just make an ester and throw all this stuff together, like 10 CCs or something, and daily inject every nutrient you can think of, including YJ's beloved liver tabs. Imagine that.
haha...

yeah a transdermal creatine would be pointless anyways considering it is very well absorbed even taken orally.. you only have to take 5g a day and creatine is effective, the t-gel wouldnt be able to hold that more than about 3 days worth at this dosage..

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
To quote something YJ said at BB.com one time:

"Taking 5 grams of creatine a day is like sucking tit through a sweater: it just doesn't yield results." :D

10g a day is the way to go

BigBenn

Awards
correct me if I am wrong but I believe creatine (a protein)+ester=impossible

Hal

Awards
It's not a protein...but I'm not sure if you could add an ester to it or not. Even if you could why would you bother? You can only use so much, and it's so cheap I can't imagine why it'd be worth the bother of making an injectible.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
To quote something YJ said at BB.com one time:

"Taking 5 grams of creatine a day is like sucking tit through a sweater: it just doesn't yield results." :D

10g a day is the way to go
I disagree with this... I have used creatine for a while now and messed with dosages and it seems that the first two weeks of consumption one could take 10 g and it would be beneficial... but after this period whether taking 5g or 10g i, as well as a few others of my friends, saw no difference. I usually take like 7 g just in case but i dont see any reason to take 10..

tatortodd

Awards
  • Established
would creatine work in a transdermal solution like you do with 1-test and 4ad and such, such wondering, figured absorption rate would be higher if you could figure that out too.
Taking into consideration the ingredients in a transdermal , I think it would be as effective as liquid creatine. Here is a quote and a link describing liquid creatine as a waste of money .

Why liquid creatine is not the answer:

I'm going to say this once and for all and this goes for all liquid forms of creatine, including serum. I do not want to hear another thing about it. Honestly, I'm tired of repeating this over and over. The idea behind liquid creatine was making it more absorbable, but making it liquid makes it easier for it to get into the blood but not into the muscle. On top of that, the idiot who came up with the idea did not take into account that creatine, once in a solution, starts to come apart and becomes the waste product creatinine. In the body, as with any waste product, creatinine is transported not to the muscle but to the blatter. The longer the creatine is dissolved the less stable it becomes. Most liquid products that had been on the shelf for a while were tested to contain less than 15 percent of the original creatine. That's the highest one, most tested lower than that. So you pay for 100 grams of creatine, you get less than 15. To put it in plain terms, if you buy this ****, you get taken. If your ass starts hurting, that's not a side-effect, it's the aftershock of getting screwed so hard.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I used a cell-tech/DMSO blend, and I was huge!!

Just mix 1 cup of DMSO gel and 4 scoops of celltech, rub it on twice a day, you'll get huge in a week! I mean, LOOK AT ME!! :D

**If you believe that a transdermal/injectable creatine is worth trying, I got some beach property in the desert I'd like to sell to you.. **

tatortodd

Awards
  • Established
revolutionary, new creatine product

Transdermal creatine may have been a farce, but it did get me thinking so I did some searches on the web. Don't laugh, but I found a site containing a revolutionary, new creatine product which is creatine suppositories.

What do you guys think?

~Todd

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Re: revolutionary, new creatine product

Transdermal creatine may have been a farce, but it did get me thinking so I did some searches on the web. Don't laugh, but I found a site containing a revolutionary, new creatine product which is creatine suppositories.

What do you guys think?

~Todd
LMAO Creatine suppositories. I wouldn't go that route, just way too inconvenient

tatortodd

Awards
  • Established
Re: revolutionary, new creatine product

What do you guys think?

~Todd
Words of wisdom - never trust a suppository reference. Especially when it's posted on April Fools Day!

For those of you who didn't follow the link, here is what you missed:
creatine suppositories
April Fools!!!!!

You should seriously consider some professional therapy if you're checking links about creatine suppositories.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Anyone pondering the possibilities of injection or transdermal, even anal applications of creatine should consider serious therapy....

Either that, or get laid on a daily basis...

over 50

Awards
Does anyone know of a way someone with hypoglycemia can supplement creatine?

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Try using Metformin with a carb-dense meal, and a carb drink like Ultra Fuel or Carbo Force.. ;)