creatine high dose

poacher

Awards
  • Established
I am currently running creatine and protien powder. Six star creatine 10 grams a day. Anyone have any success at a higher doses. I am a little over 280lbs. Thinking of going up to 15 maybe even 20. Anyone think that would help for gains or am I just looking at holding more water. Thanks

BigAsian

BigAsian

Awards
ive never used six star creatine before, but it has a blend of 5 types of creatine all with different benefits...your a bigger guy at 280 you could handle more than say me at 220...im thinking you might be able to handle 15g a day but would be weary of more than that, as creatine does tax your kidneys. personally i wouldnt go above the recomendations unless there was already a guinea pig that has done this...lol hope this helps some...

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ive never used six star creatine before, but it has a blend of 5 types of creatine all with different benefits...your a bigger guy at 280 you could handle more than say me at 220...im thinking you might be able to handle 15g a day but would be weary of more than that, as creatine does tax your kidneys. personally i wouldnt go above the recomendations unless there was already a guinea pig that has done this...lol hope this helps some...
I'm that guinea pig,lol. I have ran Creatine Mono @ 20gr a day before, actually a few times. I have never had blood work come back with bad kidney functions. I'm always within my ranges. Just make sure to keep water intake high. O and im about 185

poacher

Awards
  • Established
thanks

That helps a lot. I am going to up it to 15. I am pushing my training very very hard. Let you no if it helps.

poacher

Awards
  • Established
Thanks distilled water. I was figuring on going with Creatine mono in addition to six star. The mono always helped my gains. I think maybe 8 weeks on then cyle off for a while

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
You can go to 20-25g of creatine mono. There's no problem with kidney function or anything else at that dose. Drink plenty of water, but that should be a given anyway. I would not recommend that dose on an everyday basis long term though because it's not cost effective.

Basically the effectiveness of CM will decline as your body sort of burns out on it. 20g a day long term ends up just getting wasted. I find cycling CM 3 days on/ 3 days off is most effective. I take around 20g in 3 doses per day. 5g pre-w/o, 5g post-w/o, and 10g in the evening. Then 3 days with no creatine. It's basically loading for three days, then giving your receptors a rest. I have consistent strength gains at all times with this method.

When I took around 10g as the "maintenance dose" as recommended on most labels, I found that the effectiveness lagged after a few weeks. You can search the AST Sports Science website for more details on creatine cycling and the science behind the method.

Good luck.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I'm that guinea pig,lol. I have ran Creatine Mono @ 20gr a day before, actually a few times. I have never had blood work come back with bad kidney functions. I'm always within my ranges. Just make sure to keep water intake high. O and im about 185
Hey Distilled Water, were you taking your creatine doses with distilled water to help with intracellular osmosis?

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey Distilled Water, were you taking your creatine doses with distilled water to help with intracellular osmosis?
This is one smart, smart man, ladies and gents....lol.

I take everything with Distilled Water, thats my secret to my hugeness*!!! :bow28:

*My hugeness is 5'9" and just north of 180 @ 10-12%bf, lol

BigAsian

BigAsian

Awards
You can go to 20-25g of creatine mono. There's no problem with kidney function or anything else at that dose. Drink plenty of water, but that should be a given anyway. I would not recommend that dose on an everyday basis long term though because it's not cost effective.

Basically the effectiveness of CM will decline as your body sort of burns out on it. 20g a day long term ends up just getting wasted. I find cycling CM 3 days on/ 3 days off is most effective. I take around 20g in 3 doses per day. 5g pre-w/o, 5g post-w/o, and 10g in the evening. Then 3 days with no creatine. It's basically loading for three days, then giving your receptors a rest. I have consistent strength gains at all times with this method.

When I took around 10g as the "maintenance dose" as recommended on most labels, I found that the effectiveness lagged after a few weeks. You can search the AST Sports Science website for more details on creatine cycling and the science behind the method.

Good luck.
good post...i will have to try this method myself...thx for the info.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
This is one smart, smart man, ladies and gents....lol.

I take everything with Distilled Water, thats my secret to my hugeness*!!! :bow28:

*My hugeness is 5'9" and just north of 180 @ 10-12%bf, lol
Coolness Distilled Water. Just be careful as distilled water can pull nutrients out of cells as well. I remember hearing that cooking with distilled water will drain the nutrients from the food, then I looked it up and it mentioned that it can happen within our bodies... crazy stuff. lol.

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
good post...i will have to try this method myself...thx for the info.
You're welcome. Other people cycle creatine in other ways too, I just find this method to work best for me.