Covid and trt

dollar662

Awards
  • Established
Wondering im starting week 3of covid and Pneumonia and i stopped my trt more because first week i couldn’t get out of bed. High fever etc. now Outside of of the shortness of breathe when walking around and cough i seem to be on the mend

Question is did folks continue trt right through ? I definitely could start back up again now i was also trying to avoid to high rbc when I was more sick

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Low testosterone leads to an weak immune system. E2 plays a supporting part too.

Recently published research has highlighted the potential role of testosterone in the severity of illness in male patients infected with SARS‐CoV‐2. To better understand this association, testosterone levels should be investigated in all men affected by COVID‐19

GSPDad

Awards
My doctors and coach told me to stay on and that seriously low test is worse to have during covid that normal to high levels. They also told me the increase in RBC would help move move O2 to the right areas if you begin to have issues breathing due to the cove or pneumonia. Sounds legitimate to me, but ya never know.

robthomas

robthomas

Awards
My doctors and coach told me to stay on and that seriously low test is worse to have during covid that normal to high levels. They also told me the increase in RBC would help move move O2 to the right areas if you begin to have issues breathing due to the cove or pneumonia. Sounds legitimate to me, but ya never know.
Well I can tell you this I had covid they claim I’m in the the high risk pool cause I have type 1 diabetes I keep my test always at 1200 or little more rbc sits at 58 for the most part .
Covid didn’t effect me really at all I had the chills for one night and a common cold from it . Trained almost all week when I had it one down and out for 2 days at best .

GSPDad

Awards
Well I can tell you this I had covid they claim I’m in the the high risk pool cause I have type 1 diabetes I keep my test always at 1200 or little more rbc sits at 58 for the most part .
Covid didn’t effect me really at all I had the chills for one night and a common cold from it . Trained almost all week when I had it one down and out for 2 days at best .
That is certainly reassuring. And glad to see you didnt get smoked by it. A few of the fellas at the gym who I know are on long term TRT mentioned that their docs told them the same thing. Stay on, eat clean and keep basic hygiene in mind when you are at the gym or stores.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
dr. prescribed trt?

dollar662

Awards
  • Established
Thanks everyone I did restart my TRT last week and feel better all around. Going to try and hit the gym still get kind of winded easy but will take it easy to start and see how it goes

Thanks again for all feedback

GSPDad

Awards
Thanks everyone I did restart my TRT last week and feel better all around. Going to try and hit the gym still get kind of winded easy but will take it easy to start and see how it goes

Thanks again for all feedback
Get that cardio in! You'll want those lungs as healthy as possible these days and it will only improve your overall fitness and well being.