Cottage cheese instead of fish fillets?

gell

Awards
For you guys that substitute cottage cheese for the Gortons fish fillets on the cutting plan, what kind (fat free or low fat) and how much are you using to sub for 2 fish fillets? I have tried lemon, garlic butter, and cajun and I just can't even force myself to eat these fish fillets anymore. :sad:

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
1 Cup of Fat Free / 1% Cottage cheese will be fine.

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
capers man....lots and lots of capers. Fillets are easy to eat with them. Actually they might even taste good in cottage cheese. Bagels, cheese, chicken, and pretty much all whole food on the menu taste jolly with some capers :)

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
What are capers? I don't think I've ever seen/eaten/heard of one. What's the macro breakdown on 'em?

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Eat them with capers I do all the time. I have a fish hookup down at the docks and capers are in everyone of my recipes. They add a lot of flavor and take out the fishy taste.

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
^ amen.

capers are immature flower buds, sounds gross but its pickled( soked in something really good) and they rock. The macro breakdown is just like any other veggie(green/leafy). On days when i was really hungry i just sat down and ate a whole jar of them...hit the spot. Next time your out shopping buy some, they are a godsend.