Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
i mostly do cortisol control reduction for the stress relief, and everyone always says its for weight loss, but does it help at all with building muscle?

it kinda sounds like high cortisol causes faster muscle protein breakdown. might be useful to reduce cortisol before workouts?

i can counter/work around the appetite suppression for the most part

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Easier to burn fat with lower levels of cortisol.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I know stress causes cortisol and and high stress levels can put the breaks on your gain train so I would yes it can help indirectly. Less stress, better sleep and recovery ect

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know stress causes cortisol and and high stress levels can put the breaks on your gain train so I would yes it can help indirectly. Less stress, better sleep and recovery ect
Agree with this

BillD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How come we all use stimulant fat burners when they jack up cortisol which is the opposite what we want?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
How come we all use stimulant fat burners when they jack up cortisol which is the opposite what we want?
Just like everything, cortisol has positive effects as well as negative effects. When your doing something intense. Cortisol levels rise. Cortisol is a powerful anti inflammatory. The stress response of cortisol signals other bodily functions to start there processes.

Caffeine also blunts your pain response and increases your power output leading to a better workout.

Everything has 2 sides. When you start trying to micromanage all these functions you end up screwing yourself sooner or later. Eat, train, eat, sleep, repeat. Your body will take care of the rest

BillD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just like everything, cortisol has positive effects as well as negative effects. When your doing something intense. Cortisol levels rise. Cortisol is a powerful anti inflammatory. The stress response of cortisol signals other bodily functions to start there processes.

Caffeine also blunts your pain response and increases your power output leading to a better workout.

Everything has 2 sides. When you start trying to micromanage all these functions you end up screwing yourself sooner or later. Eat, train, eat, sleep, repeat. Your body will take care of the rest
So if I’ve been taking eca basically for 20 yrs straight with little “breaks” in between my adrenals are probably beyond garbage?

BillD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

So if I’ve been taking eca basically for 20 yrs straight with little “breaks” in between my adrenals are probably beyond garbage?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Honestly I don't know, I mean it's definitely not a good thing to be using heavy stimulants for years on end. Maybe someone else can better answer this