Coring

White24

Awards
I just encountered needle coring for the first time where part of the rubber stopper broke loose and is now floating in the vial. My question, is it still safe to use? If you somehow didn't notice that rubber in your syringe and injected can this harm you?
I never heard of anyone ever have this happen to them and it's all new to me.
Anyone ever hear of coring or had this happen?

Thanks

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Not an answer to the question, but still worth mentioning..

Ive only heard of coring happening to dull needles. Are you making sure you one-and-done your sharps bro?

White24

Awards
Not an answer to the question, but still worth mentioning..

Ive only heard of coring happening to dull needles. Are you making sure you one-and-done your sharps bro?
Yeah, brand new from the pharmacy, its 18 guage so the bigger the needle the higher the chance of coring. I need to go to 22 gauge to draw out instead of 18

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, brand new from the pharmacy, its 18 guage so the bigger the needle the higher the chance of coring. I need to go to 22 gauge to draw out instead of 18
the 18's i get from walgreens are red and made specifically for drawing, they have more of a blunt tip than 'regular' needles, and i have never had 'coring' happen...i've been on trt for around 12 years now.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
You should never use 18g needles to draw. They're too big and, as you've seen, can pull out the rubber stopper. It should still be fine, just make sure you don't suck up the rubber stopper into your syringe. I would put a piece of scotch tape over the top of the vial to keep out foreign particles and you should be fine. In the future, use something like 22G to draw with.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Prince IronMag Labs 0
3clipseGT LG Sciences 0