Completed my first fast for digestive / overall health

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hey guys, as you know I have a lot of issues with my gut and hormones. Recently been having a lot of inflammation issues, as well. Well , on Wednesday, I just felt horrible so I decided to do my first 24 hour. That night was pretty rough sleeping , barely did sleep because I had SO MUCH ENERGY . The next day I decided to go longer and I got a nap in around the 40 hour mark. But wasn’t really hungry. Broke my fast at the 48 mark and eating was really difficult after fasting but I got some in. Well, today, I feel WAY BETTER. So much mental clarity and my gut feels like it has sped up. I know this is extreme especially when I need to be gaining mass, but I had to do something. The inflammation and pain was destroying me. It’s almost all gone now.

time to focus on building some crazy mass and making changes now. Planning on eating a lot of good food tonight. Sushi takeout 🤔

funny thing is , I barely lost weight. If anything , I maintained completely .

most importantly, I fought the flesh and feel a lot closer to God now.

really wasn’t too hard but I drank a ton of ☕

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good deal, it's amazing how the body can respond. Your metabolism likely slowed heavily and your body was in healing mode. Always heard after a fast it's best not to force food and eat small until your system catches back up as it has to "shift".

Not surprised you added strength. When your body doesn't focus solely on digestion etc. which requires a lot of energy it's working to heal the rest.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Good deal, it's amazing how the body can respond. Your metabolism likely slowed heavily and your body was in healing mode. Always heard after a fast it's best not to force food and eat small until your system catches back up as it has to "shift".

Not surprised you added strength. When your body doesn't focus solely on digestion etc. which requires a lot of energy it's working to heal the rest.
Hey , thanks ENDURE and God bless man. Honestly, I think I can heal my hormones and myself by taking healthy measures such as doing a long fast a couple times a year. And.. that all makes sense. It was very hard and next time I'll start with bone broth and coconut water for sure.

It's amazing and the pump and contraction was sooooo great, which I've noticed less of recently. I did this because I recently incorporated carbs back into my diet and I just can't utilize them properly and definitely things like oats and grains are a HUGE nono. I feel like I get insulin resistance symptoms quickly such as losing the pump/contraction feeling.

Thanks again . I am so glad I hit this goal, as well.

btothefman

Awards
I like these stories, as a faster have seen the effect on my life and others and it's nice seeing another person enjoy and share their experience with others.

One other arrow you have in your quiver is that fasting of 48-72 hours will induce stem cell growth, if you can train and eat around this the stem cells can be used to promote muscle cell growth.

This and the GH benefits from fasting and you should be able to cut and grow at the same time.