Coffee and burning fat

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
I have researched this for years and I am convinced that a cup of coffee after cardio in the am will not hurt my body. I drink it black with eqaul and have never had any set backs.

Throw out some opinions

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I drink ~2 cups a day bro. Never had a problem making gains.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I've been drinking 2 cups per day since I was 9 years old (no joke). There's been a zillion studies done on coffee trying to link it to heart attacks, cancer et cetera and so far, no one has ever really been able to put a red flag on it. Now they're saying that coffee is probably THE main source of antioxidants for most Americans.

velikimajmun

Board Sponsor
Awards
Now they're saying that coffee is probably THE main source of antioxidants for most Americans.

Of course this is by default, since almost nothing else in the standard american diet has anti-oxidants in it.

Jblake

Awards
I notice when I overdid it with the coffee, abdominal fat piles up quickly. This has happened while doing a ckd and I assume it was because of the cortisol. I'd been guzzling the stuff for months. I was quite the caffiene fiend however. I'd drink so much my piss smelled like coffee all day long, lol.

I switched to green tea and backed off gradually. Coffee is good stuff, though, and it's good for an occasional boost.

Jblake

Awards
I notice when I overdid it with the coffee, abdominal fat piles up quickly. This has happened while doing a ckd and I assume it was because of the cortisol. I'd been guzzling the stuff for months. I was quite the caffiene fiend however. I'd drink so much my piss smelled like coffee all day long, lol.

I switched to green tea and backed off gradually. Coffee is good stuff, though, and it's good for an occasional boost.

TenMan

TenMan

Awards
Mmmm coffee... I love it and usually have 2-4 cups a day.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I will sometimes go through the entire pot throughout the day. Given me no problems dieting down but maybe thats why I can't bulk worth a ****. :)

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
I drink about 24oz over ice - strong strong STRONG homebrew. So when it melts down it fills a 32oz cup and is still black as night..

Interesting about the abdominal fat. Starting next week I will start brewing large vats of green tea and drink that instead.

Sirius

Awards
I've been drinking 2 cups per day since I was 9 years old (no joke). There's been a zillion studies done on coffee trying to link it to heart attacks, cancer et cetera and so far, no one has ever really been able to put a red flag on it. Now they're saying that coffee is probably THE main source of antioxidants for most Americans.
Actually a Japanese study has shown it to be the highest source of antioxidants ...higher than green tea, etc. ..and the current recommendation is 2-3 cups a day as being acceptable unless you have a heart condition or high blood pressure, etc. and need to avoid caffeine.

Coffee is the #1 beverage drunk around the world...so it's the highest source of antioxidants for people as well.

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
I drank coffee every day from around 9 years old till a couple months ago.
I moved to college and I am to lazy to wake up in the morning and brew it myself.

Also coffee is so damn acidic it messed up my digestion and on occasion gave me the burbs where you puke in your mouth.

Also a couple months ago I started having occasional irregular heart rhythms and what not. Pretty sure these where caused by abusing caffiene in very high doses to stay up and study for tests or just to be an ass with my friends.

I go stimulant free now... I actually feel a lot better.

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
I only have a cup in the morning with my breakfast, but it is right after cardio and I just wanted to see if anyone thought it might slow down bodies ability to burn fat after cardio

nevergoodenough

nevergoodenough

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I only have a cup in the morning with my breakfast, but it is right after cardio and I just wanted to see if anyone thought it might slow down bodies ability to burn fat after cardio
I would assume that it would at least do no harm and might even help, being that caffeine is a metabolic enhancer.