Clomid, Nolvadex, Femera, or Arimidex?

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am going to be starting my PCT in a week and a half, I have all these on hand, but I have been reading some conflicting reports about each one to use for PCT. I want to stop gyno from happening, so should I take Clomid only since it's easier on yoru body, or nolva cuz its the best at blocking the etrogen from forming, or should I do Femera or Arimidex for pct?

BigBill

Awards
I am going to be starting my PCT in a week and a half, I have all these on hand, but I have been reading some conflicting reports about each one to use for PCT. I want to stop gyno from happening, so should I take Clomid only since it's easier on yoru body, or nolva cuz its the best at blocking the etrogen from forming, or should I do Femera or Arimidex for pct?

While clomid does have anti-estrogen properties, it is not your best bet to prevent gyno (only to kick your nuts back into place). Anti-aromatases are great, but dont work on some gear, like anadrol, and since they block estrogen from forming, your cholestrol levels will sky rocket. Nolvadex is great, but it is harsh on your liver and you have to be on it until all estrogen is gone, or you will have gyno very quickly. So the question is: what did you take, only then can a proper PCT can be given.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
nolva is good for 99% of all cycles but it would still be nice to know what you were taking.

hey bigbill, doesn't nolva help lipids? perhaps i'm wrong.

also, some estrogen circulating is good. it wouldn't be wise to shut it out completely during PCT.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established

size

Awards
  • Established
Use nolvadex and/or clomid for post cycle.

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My cycle consisted of 500 mg/week of Test Enan and EQ for 12 weeks, with a 3 week prop kick off at 500 mg/week. I also added some dbol for the final 4 weeks of my cycle, but I don't know if it was real cuz I didn't get anything from it. My liver does hurt though, feels almost like a kindney stone or something, nothing too bad, just hurts sometimes. It's been getting better and going away since I stopped my cycle though.

size

Awards
  • Established
I doubt you are actually having liver pain but if you truly are then you need to seek medical attention. In my opinion, you are misdiagnosing your discomfort/pain. In any case, if you are having an acute pain, I again would seek medical attention.

From the cycle you described, there is nothing hepatotoxic outside of the dbol. Yet dbol usage for only 4 weeks should not cause any serious issues unless you had a preexisting condition.

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
I asked Dr. D this question a while back and he said that while Nolva did help, Clomid was a bit better for the lipids. I believe he suggested a Clomid for two weeks tapered down and then Nolva for the final two or so weeks of PCT. Let me see if I can dig up the thread where he said this.

Of course, this depends on how well you react to Clomid, so YMMV.

BigBill

Awards

also, some estrogen circulating is good. it wouldn't be wise to shut it out completely during PCT.
Some estrogen is good, in fact, estrogen does have some anabolic effects. Also, have you ever noticed that women do not get heart disease until after menopause? That is because estrogen helps block LDL's. Anti-aromatases stop estrogen all together so they can raise your LDL levels, that is why I don't recommend taking them unless you have to. Now as far as tamoxifen goes, it can buffer lipid formation by "starving" mammory tissue. In come cases, taking 60mg. of tamox a day with a topical clenbuterol HCL can rid gyno.